Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for COOL VPS in Europe with 1 IPv4 for 19$/y or less
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for COOL VPS in Europe with 1 IPv4 for 19$/y or less

KesanoKesano Member
edited February 2018 in Requests

Hello, Guys. I'm glad to join LET. And looking for help.
I'm looking for a VPS with a specific demands for low price.

Demands for service:

1.Up to 19$ per 1 year.

2.Stability of Service (SLA 99.0% with adequate support). I want to wait for replies not longer than 10 hours. No, I don't need fanatic support, I need UNMANAGED VPS, so software problems are mine. Just give me working hardware and possibility of fast reinstall.

3.Fair frequency on shared cores. ( One of VPS hosters give me 1 Core with 1,5GHz, when I've paid for additional core, they... Multiplied core by dividing frequency and I've got 2 cores with 787MHz frequency).

Demands for VPS config:

Europe Location. (Germany, Netherlands, Lithuania as well). I don't need any USA or ASIA locations, the pings are too high.

100Mbit or more link |
1 IPv4 (not NAT). |
200Gb traffic per month or more

2-4 Cores with 1.2-1.5 GHz per core. | 2048-4096MB RAM| 20GB HDD or SSD space or more. Type of disk does not matter.

Conditions of Use

1.) I am Node.js web developer, so sometimes I need to test some my scripts. And, maybe serve some personal websites.
2.) I will not create public proxies.
3.) I will not create game server.
4.) I will not spam, administrate botnet and I will not do something illegal
5.) I will not load server all the time... If really, LoadAVG often will be 0.00... High CPU and RAM resources will be needed rarely and asked so high just for situations when they really needed. twice a month )))
6.) I will not generate a lot of traffic. I will not use it for public file sharing, proxy, public VPN and other outcontrolled traffic service.
7.) I will not use it for mining!

I will be very glad to get offer from serious provider.
And thanks for all low budget services around the world. You helps me in my job whole 5 years.

For offers:

Mail: kesano[at]gmail[dot]com

Comments

• 99.0% is actually very low especially for a VPS. 99.8 would be the minimum. 99.9% over the course of a year should be possible on a decent provider. 19 euro a year for 2gb+ ram will be hard to get.

• @sureiam said:
    99.0% is actually very low especially for a VPS. 99.8 would be the minimum. 99.9% over the course of a year should be possible on a decent provider. 19 euro a year for 2gb+ ram will be hard to get.

Yes, I know. EU services are more expensive than in US. And I agree to sacrifice with 99% SLA and disk space for higher CPU and RAM productivity... Maybe some of hosters make a step to meet me.

• KesanoKesano Member
    edited February 2018

Yes, I read them, but I've not found any information about CPU configuration and CPU using policy, frequency etc. at their site. But it's really good offer. I'll keep it in my mind, thank you.

However, I'm looking for a specifics about CPU. Because I need to test some UDP throughput for my scripts, so high CPU frequency and kernel switch latency is critically important.

I have a project, where owner pays 35$ per month for 100GB HDD and 2GB RAM... but hoster gave him just 1 core with 1 GHz... 1 GHz... for 35$/month...
    That's why CPU freq. is matter.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Send them a sales ticket or PM and get CPU details

• KesanoKesano Member
    edited February 2018

@Harambe said:
    Send them a sales ticket or PM and get CPU details

Done. But support if offline now ))))

I agree to pay more... 20, 25, 30$ per year but with price growing I will demand quality and stability. I have node at Hostens. There is lack of resources, but for any OVZ VPS they give just 1 core. And prices grown up.

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited February 2018

hour pricing ...is it scaleway in europe?

• @elliotc said:

This is not offer, but request.

• @Kesano said:

@elliotc said:

This is not offer, but request.

I think he meant that if your need for a VPS for just testing you might go with scaleway.com as it has hourly billing system
    Same as digitalocean.com , vultr.com and any other hourly VPS provider will be the best option for your needs

• @Rami said:
    I think he meant that if your need for a VPS for just testing you might go with scaleway.com as it has hourly billing system
    Same as digitalocean.com , vultr.com and any other hourly VPS provider will be the best option for your needs

Oh... I've got it. May be I am bad Google User... Yes, interesting...
    However, 0.00 doesn't mean "offline". But thanks a lot, I'll make a note about that...

• Actual.

• KesanoKesano Member
    edited March 2018

Scaleway - no support online, 2 euros blocking during registration.
    VMBox - support always offline. Schoolboy-hosting.

snip - sucks, not working as ordered (NY location). No reply to my ticket during 2 days. 3 days with non-working VPS, refunded.

AlphaRacks - sucks. I've user their service 2 years ago. Everything were fine. This year - piece of cheat. I've ordered VPS 1 core 1GB and additionally +1 core... When VPS started there were 1 core 1,5GHz. After extra core was applied, I've got 2 cores with 0,784Ghz. Multiplying cores by dividing frequency. Cool. Realy professionally. Refunded.

Ok, I agree to pay some more, but I need fair resources and adequate support.

Any suggestions?

• Since you're OK with Germany, why not take a look at Hetzner's recent cloud offering. More expensive than you've asked for, CPU is probably a bit on the slower side frequency wise. However from all accounts their service is solid+fast+reliable and you won't be disappointed. See https://www.hetzner.com/cloud for more details and if it works for you.

• solairesolaire Member
    edited March 2018

Unless you want to go through all of these issues again with another provider, double your budget and make it more realistic or wait for black Friday or similar and go with a trusted provider.

If you double your budget, I can highly recommend @AnthonySmith. 2 CPU cores, 15 GB NVMe and 2 TB of monthly traffic in the UK for 42 EUR / year. I believe his UK services are with @Clouvider. Can't go wrong with both. Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=180

As it is OVZ and your scripts likely won't require 2 GB of RAM, you can also opt to go for half of the specs for 24 EUR / year: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=179. You can always choose to upgrade your VPS later on. I run dozens of NodeJS scripts with only 256 MB of RAM anyway, including MongoDB.

• @nullnothere said:
    Since you're OK with Germany, why not take a look at Hetzner's recent cloud offering. More expensive than you've asked for, CPU is probably a bit on the slower side frequency wise. However from all accounts their service is solid+fast+reliable and you won't be disappointed. See https://www.hetzner.com/cloud for more details and if it works for you.

I was thinking about Hetzner. And I've made a point about them, but still looking for something more interesting. But thank you. If I'll not found something better, I'll go to Hetzner. I have a time until May.>

@solaire said:

Unless you want to go through all of these issues again with another provider, double your budget and make it more realistic or wait for black Friday or similar and go with a trusted provider.
    I run dozens of NodeJS scripts with only 256 MB of RAM anyway, including MongoDB.

My script loading a lot of data from MongoDB, so at start they consumes 1,1-1,3Gb.
    UK and their pounds is very expensive for me. But thank you.

• Kesano said: My script loading a lot of data from MongoDB, so at start they consumes 1,1-1,3Gb. UK and their pounds is very expensive for me. But thank you.

Ah, didn't know that, then you should definitely go with 2 GB of RAM. Also, consider using Redis for the cache. Node is really, really bad at memory allocation and management, and processing / dealing with large chunks of data in general.

• 2gb dedicated ram+ipv4 for $19/yr is la-la land.

Just use 4gb hetzner hourly instances for testing.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Actual.

• @Kesano said:

Yes, I read them, but I've not found any information about CPU configuration and CPU using policy, frequency etc. at their site. But it's really good offer. I'll keep it in my mind, thank you.

However, I'm looking for a specifics about CPU. Because I need to test some UDP throughput for my scripts, so high CPU frequency and kernel switch latency is critically important.

Apart from being $1 above your budget, I'm afraid you could be disappointed by their response times. Here's what I can tell you about the cpu:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 62
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    stepping        : 4
    microcode       : 1064
    cpu MHz         : 2100.015
    cache size      : 15360 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 12
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 6
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf cpuid_faulting pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep erms xsaveopt
    bogomips        : 4200.03
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor       : 1
    model           : 62
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    stepping        : 4
    microcode       : 1064
    cpu MHz         : 2100.015
    cache size      : 15360 KB
    siblings        : 12
    core id         : 1
    cpu cores       : 6
    apicid          : 2
    initial apicid  : 2
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf cpuid_faulting pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep erms xsaveopt
    bogomips        : 4200.03
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• If you want to pay more, you could consider ultravps.eu's Cloud Special-2 for 40€/y VAT included:
    KVM, 2 cpu, 2GB RAM, 50GB SSD, 1Gb/s port, 1TB bw, 1 ipv4, 10 ipv6.

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    model           : 45
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
    stepping        : 7
    cpu MHz         : 2900.155
    cache size      : 4096 KB
    siblings        : 1
    cpu cores       : 1
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc nopl pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt aes hypervisor lahf_lm retpoline kaiser
    bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
    bogomips        : 5800.31
    address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor       : 1
    model           : 45
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
    stepping        : 7
    cpu MHz         : 2900.155
    cache size      : 4096 KB
    siblings        : 1
    cpu cores       : 1
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc nopl pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt aes hypervisor lahf_lm retpoline kaiser
    bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
    bogomips        : 5800.31
    address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • KesanoKesano Member
    edited April 2018

simlev said: Apart from being $1 above your budget, I'm afraid you could be disappointed by their response times. Here's what I can tell you about the cpu:

Thanks a lot. Is there online support line at UltraVPS.eu ?

One more: I desire to get enabled fuse kernel module (for sshfs).
    Is there any OVZ VPS with enabled FUSE? I mean User's File System mounting.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Hello,

we can offer you the following for 25 € / year:

CPU: 2vCores
    RAM: 2 Gb
    Storage: 50 GB

Our technical support needs normaly not more then 6 hours to respond. Only Billing Departement can take also while.
    If you like to order contact me through PN

Located in Germany Frankfurt am Main

Thanked by 1ehab
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We can offer the following plan:

75GB Disk Space

512Mb Memory

2TB Bandwidth

2 CPU cores

2.66GHz+ CPU Speed

1 IPv4 Address

1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)

Full Root Access

SolusVM Control Panel

Xen HVM Virtualization

£50-40% Off For Life Coupon = £30 /year

Nodes location: France

For more details: https://www.vps4storage.com/plans

• @GameTownProjects said:
    Hello,

we can offer you the following for 25 € / year:

CPU: 2vCores
    RAM: 2 Gb
    Storage: 50 GB

Our technical support needs normaly not more then 6 hours to respond. Only Billing Departement can take also while.
    If you like to order contact me through PN

Can I get one?

Thank you.

• @GameTownProjects said:
    Hello,

Interesting. Thank you. I'll keep it in my mind.

@WebProject said:
    We can offer the following plan:

Too expensive as for me. But thank you for your offer.