Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allowed to Post Offers Here Still?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Allowed to Post Offers Here Still?

CoreyCorey Member
edited February 2012 in General

Are we allowed to post offers here still? I'm not going to give any details on what we want to post, or it would be like I'm posting the offer anyway.

Comments

• Try it and find out. Just assume the rules haven't changed any. Not like you'll get banned for it.

• the link in your signature wont work.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2012

@OneTwo sorry I let that domain name expire. I fixed my sig.

@Naruto Thank you, I did not want to get banned and that's why I didn't do it, but if you believe I won't get banned I can at least try it. Maybe a moderator will have mercy on me if they don't want things posted here anymore.

• @Corey

Why wouldn't you be?

• @VMPort new management and all, didn't want to overstep any boundaries.

• Everything is the same here other than a few added extras, just check the offer rules at the top of the forum/

• @Corey you're familiair with basic LEB/LET guidelines, pricing tag, etc... and also "Offers" category still exist so just go for it untill LET bosses tell us different.

• +1 to @Corey for making sure he was up to date on the rules before posting an offer. We need a lot more of that around here <_<

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Corey, your offer is only 1st month off.

Anyway, I like that data center at Chicago land area.

• @innya im pretty sure it doesnt matter as his usual monthly price is below LEB rules.

• @exussum , I knew that I was looking into his higher plan for discount bergain :)

Anyway, I have a few vps not even use or partially used. I have to control myself.

:(

• @aldryic thanks

@innya were you expecting more? We are already giving an insane price on this and I don't EVER see us giving 30% off recurring. Sorry.

• @Corey said: We are already giving an insane price on this and I don't EVER see us giving 30% off recurring. Sorry.

Unfortunately, that is one of the rules for the main site at least, offers must be recurring. I'm not so sure about LET rules if they must be recurring or not though.

• KuroKuro Member
    edited February 2012

@miTgiB said: Unfortunately, that is one of the rules for the main site at least, offers must be recurring. I'm not so sure about LET rules if they must be recurring or not though.

I thought that only applied to offers that without a recurring discount were over the $7/mo limit? I do believe LEA has posted offers before that had a one month discount... not sure of what the new rules on that are, though.

Edit: Some posts I found from a quick search:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/openvz-ca-cad7-384mb-openvz-vps-in-canada/
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/overclocked-host-6-49-128mb-xen-vps-in-fremont/
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/basshost-5-384mb-openvz-vps-in-kansas-city/

• @Kuro said: I do believe LEA has posted offers before that had a one month discount

Yes, but not as the main offer, or just as a plus.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2012

@miTgiB I'm with @Kuro

Would be a shame if we could ONLY post recurring offers as this would highly limit the types of offers that could be given out.

• I went and dug up our offers, and we have posted one month offers before.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/yourdomaingoeshere-4-50-512mb-openvz-vps-in-dallas/

• No, the main offer is $5

And, as a plus, a code for 10% discount.

• @yomero I don't see how the 'main offer is $5' when the base price of our lowest VPS1 package with those specs has always been $5

• Ahm, also, the offers doesn't have to be plans with discounted pricing. LEA posted plans of several providers with the normal pricing scheme, like your case.

• @yomero Have you read the line just before the one you quoted me on before? :)

@Kuro said: I thought that only applied to offers that without a recurring discount were over the $7/mo limit?

I was talking about offers that the normal price were under $7/mo, with no recurring discounts. And that had, as a plus, a one month (or more) discount.

• @Kuro said: I thought that only applied to offers that without a recurring discount were over the $7/mo limit?

This? doesn't have to do, because there are some porsts with plans of let's say... $10, but the provider offers a discount recurring to <= $7

• @yomero that was his point.

• @yomero now even I am confused.

Basically, @miTgiB said that one of the rules for the main site were "offers must be recurring", and I had stated that there were offers with non-recurring discounts, where the normal non-discounted price was below $7/mo, posted before.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

His regular offer is still under 7$ ($5.00) - he can easily post that. And if he add also some one time discount extra on this I don't see any problem with.
    Would it make difference if he would post this 5$ offer and at the end of post add "oh, and for first month you will pay 30% less"? It's just wording...
    I don't see some real bonus in one time discounts much but in this case his regular plan is still within LEB rules and he just adding extra bonus on that - like @Kuro said.
    (edit. or maybe Yomero said that?)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Spirit said: His regular offer is still under 7$ ($5.00) - he can easily post that. And if he add also some one time discount extra on this I don't see any problem with.

This, this

@Spirit said: "oh, and for first month you will pay 30% less"

This

• @yomero so it's really only about wording? :)

• @Spirit said: @yomero so it's really only about wording? :)

Yep, I think. Sometimes I don't understand or I am unable to explain my ideas fully.

• If you check WHT, their offer section always has titles such as: Starting at $XX...
    That would be the only time when you should use the first month price.