Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage server - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage server

13»

Comments

• henkb said:

So sending out an email burst around Christmas and birthdays with a large Santa Claus / invite image to all my friends could raise a flag.

2 million email pps is an awful lot. @Virmach would know better but it sounds like spammer level to my untrained ears. And 300 emails per hour is not a family xmas message, especially after a requested increase from 100/hour. If you're sending out a newsletter there are specialty services for that.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@henkb said:
    So sending out an email burst around Christmas and birthdays with a large Santa Claus / invite image to all my friends could raise a flag. Because I would not be the only one doing that on a family vps.

If you have 2 million relatives (per sec) to send e-mails to, you've got other issues to think about.

• VirMach said: 2,048,000 email packets per second

On a Gbit link, that's 61 bytes per packet, i.e. <= 21 bytes of payload each. You can't even complete an SMTP handshake with that, so I wonder what kind of traffic that really was…

On the other hand, if you send a 10 MiB email to 100 recipients (unintelligently, i.e. through a separate SMTP session for each recipient), you'll produce at least 709k packets (one-time). That's what makes packets-per-second such an unreliable way of measuring emails-per-second. (But since Virmach seems to be quite generous with the emails-to-packets calculation, that shouldn't be much of an issue in this case.)

Thanked by 2Falzo risharde
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Ishaq said:6

@ucxo said: He was caught eventually, didn't even issue an apology.

No idea what there is to apologize for. I was offering writing services for LEB hosts and many were happy with the arrangement. ColoCrossing used to charge $1250/month for priority posts for providers, do you have a problem with that too?

Not accurate.

Regarding any monies you charged third party hosts it was without our knowledge or permission.

Your position as a contributor on lowendbox was removed after proof surfaced of your accepting payments for posts.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Wait, I always thought people got lucky to get their listing up. Didn't realize I could payy way to the top. Wtf.