Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSH and other control panels
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSH and other control panels

mtopmtop Member
edited February 2018 in General

What are some good control panels and SSH tools like VestaCP and Centmin Mod?

Specifically, I'm looking for something that's easy to use for a WordPress stack. I've used EasyEngine but updates are EXTREMELY rare and it seems like they don't work on it anymore. EasyEngine has an option to install WP with caching and everything with a single command. I'm basically looking for an EasyEngine alternative, but Centmin Mod won't do since I only use Ubuntu.

I've looked at RunCloud and ServerPilot, any other tools?

Comments

• What does EasyEngine lack that you need? I don't think there is an alternative to EasyEngine that works the same or similar

• It lacks updates and active development. They still don't have an option for PHP 7.2 for example.

• Personally ive tried a heap aswell. Serverpilot always won it over for me.

• What does VestaCP with Nginx+PHP-FPM lack for you ?
    There is even an https template in the new version now, and you can fine tune the config to your liking anyways.

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited February 2018

VestaCP = Debian

Centminmod = CentOS

They both have pros and cons, however the major features of both are the ability to easily use Nginx + PHP-FPM + MariaDB + Wordpress Redis caching.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • mtopmtop Member
    edited February 2018

VestaCP lacks automated cache system installation.
    EasyEngine is perfect for me, only if someone worked on it actively and kept it up to date.

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited February 2018

@mtop said:
    VestaCP lacks automated cache system installation.
    EasyEngine is perfect for me, only if someone worked on it actively and kept it up to date.

Automated cache system?

Redis? You can use it on any panel with Wordpress + the Redis cache plugin + the Nginx cache plugin.

Also you don't technically (but suggested) need Redis for either, there's multiple plugins that will do disk based caching make your pages static based until updated.

It's a pretty easy process to get Redis installed on both Centminmod and VestaCP, honestly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+install+redis+vestacp

• where's ssh-and-other-memcache-panels?

• Crandolph said: It's a pretty easy process to get Redis installed on both Centminmod and VestaCP, honestly.

FYI, for Centmin Mod, recommended Redis install guide and examples for usage and monitoring with Wordpress and Xenforo Redis based caching https://community.centminmod.com/threads/how-to-install-redis-server-on-centmin-mod-lemp-stack.4546/