Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DS Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DS Needed

We need 12 servers in throughout Asia to be used for gaming servers.

500GB HDD 100M Ethernet with a Quad core cpu minimum 16GB RAM.

Budget is around 150 US per server
Time Frame is instant

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Instant deployment of 12 medium spec servers that requires a payment of at least 1,800 bucks.

Dream on.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Do you need a location in LA or somewhere in Asia?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

How about you specify what exact locations.

• XeiXei Member
    edited February 2018

delete

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • Trolls everywhere

Dream on? Look at your sig are you that stupid?

• deank: you seem VERY stupid ha

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

lmao

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

Singapore:

• HP ProLiant DL120 G7
    • 1x Intel Quad-Core Xeon E3-1230
    • 16GB RAM
    • 4x1TB SATA
    • 10 TB / 100 mbps port
    • 1xIPv4

79 EUR / month Order link

Network upgrades:

• 1 Gbit port +10 EUR
    • 100 mbit unmetered +100 EUR

We have several servers for instant delivery, all 12 can be delivered within 1-2 business days.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Budget too low. Add a 0.

• huntercop said: Budget too low. Add a 0.

So how do you explain the post just above you? (perhaps I misread something)

Thanked by 1JoseQueso
  • JoseQuesoJoseQueso Member
    edited February 2018

@Ole_Juul said:

huntercop said: Budget too low. Add a 0.

So how do you explain the post just above you? (perhaps I misread something)

Some hosts just offer different prices and tiers dependent on their hardware.. For example, when Bjarne first was selling C++, commercially it was $75,000 a license IIRC (from his interview), and for educational purposes it was $40.

It's all relative I feel, same goes for VPS prices. For example, I can set up a i7 2600k server right now and use my mother's comcast account and use solusVM and rent out servers (for example, see what DewBerry did: https://lowendbox.com/blog/berry-servers-openvz-vps-from-6year-in-phoenix-usa/), which went out of business a year or so after. And took my yearly payment, and servers were garbage. Now they are still non-existent. Some people just offer different prices, dependent on what they host, but hope that helps!

• Hmm, I don't know who Bjarne is (sounds Danish). But the OP asked for $150 per server and @ru-tld made an offer for $97 (converted) for what seems like a ballpark spec. So where does adding a 0 come into it?

edited February 2018

@Ole_Juul said:
    Hmm, I don't know who Bjarne is (sounds Danish). But the OP asked for $150 per server and @ru-tld made an offer for $97 (converted) for what seems like a ballpark spec. So where does adding a 0 come into it?

Yeah, my bad. Bjarne Strousap, he's the Einstein looking dude that was behind C++. His 2015 museum interview really inspired me

Well, that's because other people (relatively, and subjectively), thought he should have raised his budget. But my point still stands, some hosts can offer the right amount at the right price. That's actually one of the joys of coming to LET because they will help you out. Shitty VPSBoard and WHT won't even give two shits.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • JoseQueso said: Yeah, my bad. Bjarne Strousap, he's the Einstein looking dude that was behind C++. His 2015 museum interview really inspired me

Nice. Yeah I see he's from the same place I am in Denmark. Seems though that he's got a few more computer smarts. cough

• I don't know who @JoseQueso is, but he's a handsome fella.

Thanked by 1JoseQueso
  • WSS said: he's a handsome fella.

I can see what you mean. Indeed, he's the very mirror image of you.

Thanked by 1JoseQueso
    edited February 2018

@WSS said:
    I don't know who @JoseQueso is, but he's a handsome fella.

Thank you sir, you are quite the inspiration tbh.

Nice. Yeah I see he's from the same place I am in Denmark. Seems though that he's got a few more computer smarts. cough

Yeah, after watching that interview, he actually had coroutines implemented back in 1984, except the C++ committee wouldn't let them be implemented. And now C++ is finally getting them: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43503656/what-is-coroutines-in-c20

Pretty sad, the committee was fucking him over. It draws direct parallels to WebHostingTalk though, because of how they fuck people over with their shitty corporate title tags. People basically buy "trustworthiness". And AFAIK, they don't vet their corporate members because they already got the money I suppose. Although, the C++ committee is a bit different as it wasn't a hosting company or anything, but I mean to compare the kind of corruption. Basically they thought Bjarne's coroutines wasn't needed and voted against it. Which he found that was dumb, but he said there are positives and negatives to a C++ committee and you just have to deal with it.

Similar to WHT again! Because we just have to deal with them for now, although, they are slowly deteriorating, which is good. Now, if WHT actually had extreme vetting, we would have an entirely different conversation here. But that's for another post, hope that helped.

e: Edited bunch of grammar srry

• You know, I had to go see what WHT actually was like again. I've seen that forum before but it's just too revolting up front so didn't give it a second thought. Also, I assumed the title was referring to web hosting talk which doesn't interest me much. I'm more into servers. Just call me a Low End Boy. I'm thinking of writing a musical called Low End Story. (snaps fingers)

Thanked by 1JoseQueso
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    You know, I had to go see what WHT actually was like again. I've seen that forum before but it's just too revolting up front so didn't give it a second thought. Also, I assumed the title was referring to web hosting talk which doesn't interest me much. I'm more into servers. Just call me a Low End Boy. I'm thinking of writing a musical called Low End Story. (snaps fingers)

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

I can offer you Indonesia Servers (neighbor to SG, lack of latency around 12 - 16 ms). But good peers among SEA countries. Here comes the test IP lgid.serverkeren.com