Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendspirit, some questions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendspirit, some questions

Hi guys
I want order the uk but I have some questions:
1) It s possible to install squid proxy in these mini vps?
2) what OS is inside? can I put centos or ubuntu on it?
thanks for your help

Comments

• 1) Possible, though it's OVZ, you can still do that with a given port.
    2) Ubuntu OK, CentOS may not run due to low memory.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Private proxies are allowed as long as it's not giving any problems.
    Debian is the most used OS. However, there are users trying out centos.

If you have any questions regarding performance and/or possibilities. Head over to the lowendspirit forums http://forum.lowendspirit.com and ask away. There are some very helpful members that will answer all your questions.

• I tried to order the UK, but I get "Fraud Error". I dont understand this. I think that it is my ip. It is an dedicated italian ip from Fastweb provider

• Do you live in Fastweb's data center? If not, using the IP of a dedicated server to place an order does not seem like the right thing to do.

• soldonisoldoni Member
    edited September 2013

Fastweb offer optical fibre connection and the IP is a dedicated one, there is no way to change it. And the ip is not a datacenter LOL

• sorry for the mistake,... dedicated = static

• Then simply open a ticket and ask what's the problem with the order :) They might be able to help.

• Just send them a ticket or pre-load to your WHMCS profile with PayPal, then it shouldn't trip MaxMind.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ticket answered :) because you have a fastweb home service IP they have it registered to a head office which is 400 miles from your billing address.

CentOS is not now available but will be in the UK soon (yum ram issues are your problem to deal with not mine :) ) Debian/Ubuntu/SUSE are all available and optimised for low ram, debian uses about 2mb idle up to Suse using about 8 iirc.

Anthony.

• thanks for the fast reply, I order now ;)