Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Android) Tablet under 200€? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Android) Tablet under 200€?

2»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2018

There are recognized Chinese brands. They are a o-kay. Then there are some unknown Chinese brands. Now they are below dogshit.

• erkin said: Yes that may be true, and again some of them are not.

Dunno about you, but I don't have the time or money to waste on multiple cheap tablets until I find the right one.

erkin said: remember a topic here about Xiaomi's Mi something smartphone, and there said at least a few good words about it afair.

Xiaomi's are fairly decent from what I hear, but they're not cheaper than the Fire tablets.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • @Nekki said:

erkin said: Yes that may be true, and again some of them are not.

Dunno about you, but I don't have the time or money to waste on multiple cheap tablets until I find the right one.

erkin said: remember a topic here about Xiaomi's Mi something smartphone, and there said at least a few good words about it afair.

Xiaomi's are fairly decent from what I hear, but they're not cheaper than the Fire tablets.

Not much is, except for shovelware running Kit Kat or a proprietary blend of Android with neat backdoors in them.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    but they're not cheaper than the Fire tablets.

I ended up grabbing one, couldn't pass it up for $59.

Being made by Amazon is a huge benefit, on top of low price, because unlike random Chinese manufacturers I can just call Amazon and get a new one shipped out immediately if it breaks.

• @Harambe said:
    Being made by Amazon is a huge benefit, on top of low price, because unlike random Chinese manufacturers I can just call Amazon and get a new one shipped out immediately if it breaks.

Not necessarily. They have this nasty habit of taking their returns, barely refurbishing them, then putting them up on the warehouse with no warranty. Once a device is over like a two years old, you're hunting for parts to rebuild, or eBay for a same-model move. See also: Last Gen 7" Fire Tablet (2015)

Does it ever catch fire though?

• @deank said:
    Does it ever catch fire though?

One can always hope. I actually fixed up a first-generation fire and then they released the cheap 7-inch ones so I had actually known to sell it too. It was too slow for me, so I used it to load YouTube videos for my dog to watch. It took her about a year-and-a-half to break it. Those things are pretty resilient.

• My 2015 Fire 7 has been dropped down the stairs, stepped on, left in the boot of a car for 48 in the middle of winter and jizzed on multiple times, still keeps going.

Expect a call from #tabletlivesmatter, @Nekki

• @deank said:
    Expect a call from #tabletlivesmatter, @Nekki

Already in trouble due to the one kept exclusively in the tablet. The things that camera has seen...

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Thanks for this thread, just remembered the last one and got that amazon voucher out, Fire HD 8 + case on its way :)

In the mean time, I’m still using that 7” tablet you gave me after winning that LowEndSpirit game 2 or 3 years ago, thanks for that!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@cassa said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Thanks for this thread, just remembered the last one and got that amazon voucher out, Fire HD 8 + case on its way :)

In the mean time, I’m still using that 7” tablet you gave me after winning that LowEndSpirit game 2 or 3 years ago, thanks for that

Nice one!

• I've got my heart set on that 10" 1080p Fire10 from the US store. Just for amazon prime video and reddit/news forum skimming. (pure bedroom consumption use pattern )

Any drawbacks for the amazing $150 tag?

Does 720p quality unlock on stock DRM Fire tablets with prime Video app? (480p on my other android phablets)