Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reverse Proxy on Different VPS / DataCenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reverse Proxy on Different VPS / DataCenter

2»

Comments

• @RWB_Hosting said:
    Reverse proxy will be ok for http traffic.

Isightful. Obviously read the thread. Totally not spamming.

• @mksh said:

@RWB_Hosting said:
    Reverse proxy will be ok for http traffic.

Isightful. Obviously read the thread. Totally not spamming.

So are you like the group troll?

• @RWB_Hosting said:
    So are you like the group troll?

Me? Oh my, i guess you are in a bit of a suprise.

• @Dazzle said:
    Today SG vps price is same as US. Push your customer to invest on higher plan. I don't understand the BILLING area is overwhelmed by visitor but they didn't make profit?

Not really. I can easily find 2GB RAM for $5 / month on US / EU. Let me know if you can find $5 a month KVM with 2GB of RAM on Singapore.

My service is mainly paid to download with yearly subscription. So, whenever I push a new update, the members will download the new update at the same time. Which bring down my website down to its knee.

I guess reverse proxy is not worth it.

Welp, better move my billing to inception hosting VPS, until I got there is some cheap SG VPS Offer.

@cam I heard you spread your wing to Singapore. Mind to cut me a deal ?

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@yokowasis said:

@Dazzle said:
    Today SG vps price is same as US. Push your customer to invest on higher plan. I don't understand the BILLING area is overwhelmed by visitor but they didn't make profit?

Not really. I can easily find 2GB RAM for $5 / month on US / EU. Let me know if you can find $5 a month KVM with 2GB of RAM on Singapore.

My service is mainly paid to download with yearly subscription. So, whenever I push a new update, the members will download the new update at the same time. Which bring down my website down to its knee.

I guess reverse proxy is not worth it.

Welp, better move my billing to inception hosting VPS, until I got there is some cheap SG VPS Offer.

@cam I heard you spread your wing to Singapore. Mind to cut me a deal ?

I have SGP cPanel Web Hosting no VPS =(

• @Cam said:

Too bad

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@yokowasis said:

@Cam said:

Too bad

Yeah, Maybe in the future =D

• I guess I stuck in the Westworld with Virmach / Inception Hosting

• Closest I've seen to $5 for 2GB is $80 a year with @RIYAD's 2GB Singapore location

https://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=49

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • @caracal said:
    Closest I've seen to $5 for 2GB is $80 a year with @RIYAD's 2GB Singapore location

https://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=49

Yeah, he is the cheapest for now.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2018

I am not sure if any of you are aware of this, you can get 2GB RAM KVM in SG for about $5/month.

The SSD VDS 2GB plan is as follow:
    2GB RAM, 15GB SSD, 2 CPU, Unmetered, €7/m before discount

Promo code SINGAPORE for 40% recurring discount,
    and it will be only €4.2/m = $5.15/m

Order here: https://itldc.com/
    (Choose english on the top, then register an account to order)

• @FAT32 said:
    I am not sure if any of you are aware of this, you can get 2GB RAM KVM in SG for about $5/month.

The SSD VDS 2GB plan is as follow:
    2GB RAM, 15GB SSD, 2 CPU, Unmetered, €7/m before discount

Promo code SINGAPORE for 40% recurring discount,
    and it will be only €4.2/m = $5.15/m

Will really appreciate if you can use my referral link:
    https://itldc.com/?from=24449

(Choose english on the top, then register an account to order)

Yeah, I am aware of it. Last time I check, the coupon is not working.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

It is working, just tried

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2018

@FAT32 said:
    It is working, just tried

Yes, it's working now. Somehow it doesn't work a couple of weeks back, when I am looking for Windows VPS. For what it's worth, I clicked on your link. But I don't know if it is counted, because I already have account with them.

Thanks.

• We provide VPS for Asia Pacific (including Singapore) and the West Coast of the United States.

• @RootFM said:
    We provide VPS for Asia Pacific (including Singapore) and the West Coast of the United States.

Why is this guy banned ?

• @yokowasis said:

@RootFM said:
    We provide VPS for Asia Pacific (including Singapore) and the West Coast of the United States.

Why is this guy banned ?

I assume for multiple mildly relevant posts within a short period to qualify for the provider tag.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @caracal said:

@yokowasis said:

@RootFM said:

Why is this guy banned ?

I assume for multiple mildly relevant posts within a short period to qualify for the provider tag.

You are correct, albeit the "mildly relevant" is a compliment here.

• Even if he Post 100 posts in a day he still need to wait 30 days. Why so hurry.

Thanked by 2Aidan lazyt
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited February 2018

yokowasis said: My service is mainly paid to download with yearly subscription. So, whenever I push a new update, the members will download the new update at the same time. Which bring down my website down to its knee.

>

If download is via php script then probably it's bringing down php server ? if it's download directly via web server and nginx is being used, you can do a reverse proxy with nginx proxy_cache to cache the downloads as well as use nginx geo ip module to direct visitors to different download backend servers hosted elsewhere i.e. US servers etc. You can divide the visitors from certain geographic ip locations and direct them to servers closest to them.

Also if using Nginx you can leverage Nginx thread pooling for downloads to get up to 9x boost in nginx performance - it's one of my advanced config tips i list for my Centmin Mod Nginx users at https://centminmod.com/perf/. Of course this would only work if you have more than 1 cpu thread for server heh.

In terms of NGINX, the thread pool is performing the functions of the delivery service. It consists of a task queue and a number of threads that handle the queue. When a worker process needs to do a potentially long operation, instead of processing the operation by itself it puts a task in the pool’s queue, from which it can be taken and processed by any free thread.

long operations = downloads

Also if your subscription mailing can filter and divide mail outs, you can stagger the mail outs over a period of time instead of all at once ;)

Thanked by 3Aidan NanoG6 FHR
  • Yes. The download is using some kind of PHP script to generate download file on the fly instead of fixed link.

All of my clients are from Indonesia. So, I can skip about Geosomething

I do not announce the update using email. I post it on Facebook. I am too lazy don't know how to use mailing list (is that the name). Also most of my client doesn't check their email. A LOT OF THEM asked me, what's their email they used to sign up on my service because apparently they forget their own email.

• @yokowasis said:
    Yes. The download is using some kind of PHP script to generate download file on the fly instead of fixed link.

I do not announce the update using email. I post it on Facebook. I am too lazy don't know how to use mailing list (is that the name). Also most of my client doesn't check their email. A LOT OF THEM asked me, what's their email they used to sign up on my service because apparently they forget their own email.

Wtf? Do you have drunk clients or what?

• @AuroraZ said:

@yokowasis said:
    Yes. The download is using some kind of PHP script to generate download file on the fly instead of fixed link.

Wtf? Do you have drunk clients or what?

Maybe most of his users are non techy guy who careless about their email when they can simply send message through SMS, Whatsapp, BBM, or such. I also discover some of them are simply take a note their emails, usernames, and password of everything on a paper.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited February 2018

yokowasis said: Yes. The download is using some kind of PHP script to generate download file on the fly instead of fixed link.

If using Nginx web server, then recode PHP scripts to use Nginx X-Accel headers to pass the download from PHP to Nginx for serving files to free up PHP https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/x-accel/

Thanked by 1ferri
  • @eva2000 said:

yokowasis said: Yes. The download is using some kind of PHP script to generate download file on the fly instead of fixed link.

If using Nginx web server, then recode PHP scripts to use Nginx X-Accel headers to pass the download from PHP to Nginx for serving files to free up PHP https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/x-accel/

Great, didn't think bout that before.. thanks

• @yokowasis said:

Lol.. one does not simply, indonesian.

Yawes mugo2 ketemu solusine. #proudindonesian

• @Dazzle said:

@yokowasis said:

So far Nginx X-Accel is the best solution, PHP just handle auth and return X-Accel header with path of file..

nek tak baca seh kaya kue #proudindonesian

• @ferri said:

@Dazzle said:

@yokowasis said:

So far Nginx X-Accel is the best solution, PHP just handle auth and return X-Accel header with path of file..

nek tak baca seh kaya kue #proudindonesian

Yeah probably gonna use that. Gotta move to vps.

Males kali aku pindah pindah #proudindonesian

• i'm using nginx for reserve proxy to access files from indonesia to netherland, it's good, but dunno if access php files.

just set proxy_pass http://xxxx on nginx

yowes