Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free IRC Bouncer account anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free IRC Bouncer account anyone?

Hi,

I have a VPS and it has a lot of free resources left. I'd like to put that to something useful. So for that, I decided to install an IRC bouncer. Right now, I'm accepting anyone who requests for an account. I know this topic is not very popular among LET, but it's the only thing I can think of. If you have any other suggestions in which I can provide a "service", please do suggest.

The bouncer is currently running ZNC. A web control panel is available. PM if you're interested.

Comments

• Make sure your provider is OK with this.

• Good luck with the potential abuse.

• Yes, they're fine with this.

• @Connor said:
    Good luck with the potential abuse.

I will be keeping a lookout. Potentially limit the users.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

I'm suggesting you to run identd server (ie. oidentd, authd) + different account for each user. It will prevent k-line at some IRC networks because too many connections and also make easier for you to find and remove potential abuser.
    Also limit to one (or max two) connections from user to same network.

• @Spirit said:
    I'm suggesting you to run identd server (ie. oidentd, authd) + different account for each user. It will prevent k-line at some IRC networks because too many connections and also make easier for you to find and remove potential abuser.
    Also limit to one (or max two) connections from user to same network.

Thank you for that suggestion. I have limited connections to 2.

• can i get one ?
    thank you

• @kluncrit said:
    can i get one ?
    thank you

Sure, drop a PM with your preferred network.