Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load balance on main server and child servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Load balance on main server and child servers

Hello,

I need a help on this structure. Thank you in advance.

I have big server files, and it has 1Gbps network.
I want to increase its network to 2x1Gbps or 3x1Gbps. But unfortunately, my provider said no, i cant. But they advise me to setup load balance on child servers.

So If i use that big server (1Gbps) and setup 2 child servers. So my big server can use upto 3x1Gbps bandwidth ???

Thank you again.

Comments

• Traffic will redirect equally (based on ur rules) to that 3 servers, so you might get what you want if you are using shared file storage for all 3. On the other hand, if your provider network is bottleneck u will never get concurrent 3x1Gbps despite that setup.

Deploying CDN will be more suitable when you are serving static files rather than putting more servers. Look at bunnyCDN, cloudflare or etc.

Have a read about Load Balancing (https://www.nginx.com/resources/glossary/load-balancing/) , Varnish (https://varnish-cache.org/).

• Oh no, CDN is not good for filesharing. I will pay a lot of money for CDN fee.
    I have 16TB file, and my network always 800Mbps at this time, and i may be increased in hot time.

• Just do Round Robin between all 3 boxes. You need to take care about syncing the FS between all 3 servers. Problem with a LB in front is that this box needs to have 2 Gbit, otherwise you wont see any improvements in bandwidth ;-)

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • DNS load balance?

• Online.net said me

"Hello,

Yes you can configure a load balancer for example to distribute the load on the different childs.
    For example with Rancher :
    http://rancher.com/docs/rancher/v1.2/en/cattle/adding-load-balancers/

Regards
    Benedikt"

• Just put some of the files on some other servers, and have a database to point them to there automatically. This way you can also triple your storage capacity.

• notgodnotgod Member
    edited February 2018

Hi
    last i has help client deploy it, maybe can help you something,
    need to do this

Plan
    order internal network, use internal network to realtime sync data
    Main Servers RealTime SYNC Data Server1+ Server2

domain use cloudflare DNS, that's free and support Round Robin Load Balancer
    https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168916-Can-I-use-round-robin-DNS-entries-
    add same hostname point to 3 servers IP

download.sss.com 1.1.1.1 #servers1 IP
    download.sss.com 1.1.1.2 #servers2 IP
    download.sss.com 1.1.1.3 #servers3 IP

The 1Gbps Public network give user download use
    The 1Gbps/10Gbps Internal network use to self, SYNC data

Why do I recommend synchronizing files not recommend using a reverse proxy?

WE NEED Consider disk performance/IO and keep backups

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@notgod said:

I have been using the same configuration since a long time ago. There is a problem on this. If his visitors are closer to server 1 location and if server 1 goes offline, the visitor have to wait much time (approx. 30 sec-1 min.) before get connected to server 2 or server 3.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Shakib said:

@notgod said:

I have been using the same configuration since a long time ago. There is a problem on this. If his visitors are closer to server 1 location and if server 1 goes offline, the visitor have to wait much time (approx. 30 sec-1 min.) before get connected to server 2 or server 3.

Ideally you would do this on AWS Route 53 or similar platform with health check support. That way, if one of the nodes goes down, the system will disable the affected record.

• LaxenadeLaxenade Member
    edited February 2018

"network is at 800Mbps constantly", if my math is correct that's more than 200TB a month, can you really push 200TB on online.net's network without being restricted? (just curious)