Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Refunds from zxhost? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Refunds from zxhost?

2»

Comments

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited February 2018

Yes on 22nd Jan when the case was opened, informing him what I said above.

Anyway as it seems that nobody wants an update apart from your all refunded now I will stick to communicating directly with the user.

I think I have been clear that it will take time to clear all refunds. And fully understand if someone wishes to open a dispute. There is nothing I can do against it, however it does hit harder as they get a full refund even if have used 1 or 5 months of a years paid service, so if possible of course I would rather refund everyone than a dispute.

Will stick to leaving this thread alone.

• You said refund would be done by the end of January it's now February. I've written the money off now so hopefully you'll use it to refund someone with a larger bill.

• @AshleyUk said: I think I have been clear that it will take time to clear all refunds. And fully understand if someone wishes to open a dispute. There is nothing I can do against it, however it does hit harder as they get a full refund even if have used 1 or 5 months of a years paid service, so if possible of course I would rather refund everyone than a dispute.

Speaking as an observer, there seems to be a crisis of confidence in your ability to refund. In fact, based on this thread, so far, it's not clear that anyone has been refunded without their having opened a dispute first, which (if correct) would say that if someone wants to increase their chances of getting a refund, they should open a dispute. In this case, the strategy of patiently waiting for a refund seems to be a less promising way to actually get a refund.

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • @AshleyUk Like what MCHPhil said a plan is needed from your side. In fact, you can also tell those affected that "sorry i lost and my business is gone - no refunds" this can be easier.

I also have dead plan with you and i expect a refund but its not very obvious when all i can do is hope.

to me, it really looks like if any one wants a refund/reply from you a dispute is the only way.

• @angstrom said:
    it's not clear that anyone has been refunded without their having opened a dispute first

Even better:

@AshleyUk said:

@MCHPhil said:

Falzo said: I was told to wait till end of january to get things done.

Did you communicate further that you wouldn't be making your deadline?

>

Yes on 22nd Jan when the case was opened, informing him what I said above.

It seems opening a dispute is the only way to even get an update.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2018

@MCHPhil said:

Falzo said: I was told to wait till end of january to get things done.

Did you communicate further that you wouldn't be making your deadline?

of course. deadline for the oldest disputable payment was something around 29th jan. I stated clearly that I would not let it go out of the window. I also offered to receive refunds by SEPA transfer or something alike outside paypal (UK -> germany).
    yet I understand, this won'help if there is no money at all.

edit: I might have misunderstood that question as directed to me instead of Ashley. no, there was no further information or communication in that ticket from Ashleys side despite me asking again before opening the dispute.
    but other then receiving a refund I would had opened that dispute anyway ...

@AshleyUk said:

It puts the account into minus 250 euros, meaning before I am able to process any further refunds via a normal method the 250 has to be paid to bring the balance back to 0.

As I mentioned in your dispute I have no power to close the dispute earlier without having a balance above 0 to pay the refund. And with having multiple disputes open this would be impossible at once.

Where once the dispute hits the deadline they just minus this off the account "balance".

thanks for clarifying, as said I simply didn't know how it works from a sellers point of view and how much paypal may cover in advance or not.
    it's understood ofc that they are going to try and get that money back from you anyway...

but I have to admit I rather go with solid 250 bucks now and have paypal deal with however they claim it back, then waiting for you being able and still willing to issue a refund some time in the future ;-)

no grudge or complaint at all, just being pragmatic to put it to a somewhat good end in my books... done.

• @Falzo, i hope this is the last risk you take in the vps business, but on women take your chances when ever you can ;)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @ehab said:
    @Falzo, i hope this is the last risk you take in the vps business, but on women take your chances when ever you can ;)

haha, no worries, I don't think it was a real risk, my services were up and running for two years or so - nothing to complain about. shit happened and will happen, with other providers that might occur too.

maybe three year contract terms will be something I won't do again - but I could have been more unlucky with even more undisputable payments...

for the women thing, that's even worse. married for nearly 15 years, separated last summer, doh. let's not delve deeper into that ;-)

Thanked by 2ehab coreflux
  • It may sound naive of me but you know how much and how many people you need to refund. Just give a monthly update on this thread on how this is progressing.

This month I refunded %people and %debt.

People may believe you or not, but at least we'll see updates and how things are progressing. The lack of communication are only making things worse.

Thanked by 5WSS ehab svmo MCHPhil lazyt
  • @mksh said:
    It seems opening a dispute is the only way to even get an update.

@beagle said:
    It may sound naive of me but you know how much and how many people you need to refund. Just give a monthly update on this thread on how this is progressing.

People may believe you or not, but at least we'll see updates and how things are progressing. The lack of communication are only making things worse.

Yeah.. I'm done trying to give plausible reasons why Ashley just fucks off- having your business get destroyed completely kills your drive to do much, but the fact that it takes a chargeback before he even comes here, well- he should have done some due diligence afterward. I still feel bad for the guy, but his no-statement bullshit has run it's course.

Thanked by 2beagle mksh
  • @beagle said:
    It may sound naive of me but you know how much and how many people you need to refund. Just give a monthly update on this thread on how this is progressing.

I believe there were no real refunds yet, like Ashley said, he can't refund with a frozen paypal account with a negative balance and most likely he needs to put all fresh funds into it to hope and get it into a positive balance at some point.

so while the overall debt hopefully is decreasing for him, that simply might be related to indirect "refunds" aka chargebacks done by impatient f*cks like me ;-)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • I have tried to provide updates and on the other topic, and have made plenty of messages in the topic before even disputes was mentioned by people. I also tried to send email updates and give information.

However as previously stated I will keep communication to tickets or any Paypal notes as it seems what ever I say is read or understood differently.

Thanks

• @AshleyUk said:
    I also tried to send email updates

You tried to? Like you wrote an email but sending didn't work out? Come on man... I am with @WSS here. I am not affected and understand it's frustrating for you but what you are doing is just evasive.

• @AshleyUk said:
    I have tried to provide updates and on the other topic, and have made plenty of messages in the topic before even disputes was mentioned by people. I also tried to send email updates and give information.

However as previously stated I will keep communication to tickets or any Paypal notes as it seems what ever I say is read or understood differently.

One of the main complaints is that people are not having response on their tickets, and they are simply being automatically closed. If nothing has changed what's the point of you responding individual tickets?

The last email update mentioned refunds by end of January. Shouldn't you have sent another email saying what's the status?

With all do respect, but you need some sort of blanket approach as well. Just circulate a monthly email saying that nothing has changed, but at least people will have an update. It will be reassuring knowing that you are still on business and trying to get the problem sorted. Otherwise you just give room for speculation.

Thanked by 1svmo
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Ok, well no one can say I did not warn you, use the other thread, sorry at OP, it was a good idea for tracking refunds within the community, it got shit on, such is life.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.