Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a storage VPS with these requirements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a storage VPS with these requirements

sun00108sun00108 Member
edited February 2018 in Requests

Hi LET!

I'm looking for a storage VPS for some translated Japanese anime and manga, and only share to some of my friends. So here are my requirements:

1Core 1G (higher is better) at least 500GB (1T is better) of disk space
Here comes the most important part: I would download the resources mentioned above and only share to some of my friends via HTTP(s) links to the files. It is kind of like no DMCA but I do not know exactly about copyright issues about translated Japanese anime and manga.

Please provide me some suggestions and some good offers, thank you!

Comments

• Region & +- budget?

• @cociu @exception0x876

Or

@cam if NAT is fine

Thanked by 1Cam
  • Thanks for pointing out, region is fine and the budget is about 50 usd/year.

• @sun00108 said:
    Thanks for pointing out, region is fine and the budget is about 50 usd/year.

So I'm going to assume you're actually using this to archive your own purchased collection of media. Region then is important because your download speeds will be impacted along with streaming if you ever switch to backing up your own video. Get server close to you, setup fail2ban for the ssh. Setup the https to need a password and do a directory list using ngix or apache server. Easy as pie

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I can offer you 500GB with 1 GB ram, 1Core for ~45-50 USD/year in Lenoir, NC - USA.
    https://my.freecpanelsharedhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36

Order the 500gb package with 512mb ram and mention this thread in the order and I'll add another 512gb for free.
    The price is prorated so it might be a little different depending on what day you order.

It is NAT, but it is easy to forward a domain over HTTP/HTTPS.
    If there is a copyright issue you will get the chance to act upon it.

• mikho said: and I'll add another 512gb for free.

I'm in!