Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation for an Email Client - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation for an Email Client

2»

Comments

• Can't go wrong the the good ol' USPS. Going strong since 1775!

Thanked by 2Blazing tarasis
  • happybeehappybee Member, Host Rep

You can try Mailspring. It's a stylish new email client.

https://getmailspring.com/download

• Postbox is a like Thunderbird but with added features and a sleeker UI. By the way, Thunderbird should undergo a 'Photon' visual refresh pretty soon if the interface is the thing you don't like about it.

One client I use but won't renew and can't recommend is Newton Mail (formerly CloudMagic). Sure, it's cross-platform with the same minimalistic UI on Windows 10 and android; but instead of connecting directly to email servers through IMAP or exchange, all your emails go through their AWS infrastructure. Like Nylas did with its Sync Engine, or Outlook for Android. It adds features like send later, but having all your emails proxied by them is an additional attack vector.

@happybee Mailspring is a Nylas Mail fork.

• i use thunderbird

• @happybee said:
    You can try Mailspring. It's a stylish new email client.

https://getmailspring.com/download

Your better off linking to the sites front page. Your link auto downloads the client.

• thunderbird

• Roundcube i use mostly for the Web
    Microsoft Outlook 2016 for the pc as well on my mac.

• @WSS said:
    365 is essentially 2016 that has a built-in timer for deactivating itself. Making Office 365 live alongside 2016 is hellish.

What exactly do you mean by this?
    Office 365 is both a suite of cloud services and a bunch of software subscription services.
    The Office (including Outlook) software that comes with the Office 365 Office Subscription is indeed the same core Office 2016 product.
    There are no compatibility issues (at least of any significance) using Office 2016 with Office 365 cloud services...

• Nothing better than Outlook for desktop. And same for email client for Android. There was Alto by AOL for android which was one of the best apps but discontinued.

• @thagoat said:
    Can't go wrong the the good ol' USPS. Going strong since 1775!

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • I use telegrams and morse code. Much safer since the Millennials have taken over.

Thanked by 2willie spammy
  • TheBat! www.ritlabs.com