Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the Hetzner refund policy? As I have just order a dedicated server but want to return - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the Hetzner refund policy? As I have just order a dedicated server but want to return

2»

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

jvnadr said: Aka, if people start acting like OP who has clearly stated that he will cancel not because the server is bad but because he changed his mind and after that, he wanted to benefit from the 14 day grace period, then, offers like that will be more and more rare...

They won't become more rare in Germany unless the law changes, since the Rückgaberecht (literally "back-giving right") is mandated by German law, not given at the seller's discretion. It's certain that these sorts of returns happen sometimes (where the order is placed with good intentions but then the customer's needs change), Hetzner is used to it, and takes it into account.

Whether to accept an order in the first place is of course at the Hetzner's discretion. They do encounter occasional abuse of the right and decline further orders from abusers. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire process is automated based on statistical models and various risk signals including the customer's past history. I think we at LET have enough experience with Hetzner to observe that most people don't encounter practical problems over it. Just be a normal legitimate customer (and legitimate customers sometimes make well-intentioned mistakes) rather than thinking "whee, free servers for 2 weeks!" and things should be fine.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @WSS. Most likely but I'm trying to be nice today.

• LeeLee Veteran

There is a limit with hetzner, no idea what it is but order and cancel X times during grace and your account is blocked from ordering again.

• zedzed Member

jvnadr said: Aka, if people start acting like OP who has clearly stated that he will cancel not because the server is bad but because he changed his mind and after that, he wanted to benefit from the 14 day grace period, then, offers like that will be more and more rare...

Changing your mind about a purchase is a perfectly legitimate scenario. I suspect if "the server is bad", Hetzner would make it good and the 14 day grace period wouldn't even be involved. Your perspective is.. interesting.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Obviously, much of what others have said here is correct. Yes, this policy is for consummer protection and is part of our terms of agreement. Yes, it applies to all of our servers. If you are unhappy with your server/webhosting package, you can click on "Cancel order" next to the product on the user interface (either konsoleH or Robot, depending on what you have). Yes, it's important to click on "Cancel order". Don't click on "Cancel server". If you look at the German version on the interfaces, you'll see two distinct terms here, and they unfortunately do not translate well into English. There is a legal distinction in German.

Yes, this policy is meant for your protection, so please don't abuse it. We will lose trust in you and we don't want that to happen. We prefer to think positively about our customers. It's generally much more pleasant to do business that way. --Katie, Marketing