Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation

Comments

• @cece said:
    my bad

You shouldn't blame yourself for everything. Their panel should have somewhat of a warning mentioning the "Rückgaberecht" to avoid confusion.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@lion said:

@cece said:
    my bad

You shouldn't blame yourself for everything. Their panel should have somewhat of a warning mentioning the "Rückgaberecht" to avoid confusion.

Still, I don't think I'll ever signup with them. They're shady as hell.

<3 Hetzner and their no-bullshit billing.

Thanked by 2hostdare icry
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

AnthonySmith said: "I received no material benefit from the service."

well, in your case it seems you were prevented from receiving any benefit, given the other party's faulty performance. Netcup may state that they provisioned and made available a root server, and such availability is a benefit. Just thinking out loud, you know.

cece said: you have 14 days cancel without stating a reason.

there it's where the misunderstanding originated. If you looked at the panel, you'd have noticed that the cancellation was intended to be effective in November 2018 and you cancelled renewals.

I may also partly agree with the fact that the existence of two kind of "cancellations" may be confusing. But that's what happens when you mess with foreign contracts. Your don't always get to apply your local law's logic elsewhere. That's why you read everything carefully and try to learn rights, procedures, business practices and whatnot.

Moreover, the "handwritten signature" seems to have been requested only in relation with an hypothetical "Satisfaction guarantee claim"

cece said: so if you want to cancel it in the 14 days no stating reason , you should

you should check what you're clicking :-)

EDIT
    I see you edited the title with "implicity", maybe you meant "explicitly"

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @mfs

yes , you are right.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

Didn't read everything but pretty sure that, although maybe not adequate today anymore, their billing policiy will require you to pay your bill(s) and then get refunded. You do need to pay your bill still. Imagine it like an electronic store. Here in Germany you can return your tech gadget any time within 14 days but you need to acctually have paid for it before you leave the store.

Also you neednt cancel but send a Widerruf request. I too didn't get that at first and had to cancel my cancellation then issue a Widerruf. Cancellation is after x months you already prepaid where it would usually renew.

So:

Cancellation: Cancel the renewal

Widerruf: Cancel within 14 days without ans reason.

Zufriedenheitsgarantie/satisfaction: Pita. Letter.

Widerruf WORKS VIA E-MAIL. I sent mine from Australia.

"Guten Tag Herr X,

Ihr Widerruf wurde soeben ausgeführt und der Vertrag somit aufgelöst. Die Hosting-Tarife sowie gegebenenfalls enthaltene Domains wurden entsprechend gelöscht.

Sie haben soeben eine Gutschriftenrechnung per E-Mail erhalten. Bitte teilen Sie uns Ihre SEPA-Daten (IBAN und BIC) zur Erstattung des offenen Postens mit. Beachten Sie bitte, dass eine Auszahlung beziehungsweise Erstattung per PayPal nicht möglich ist. "

If it's still within 14 days email them to cancel your cancellation and issue a Widerruf request instead.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • And this is for ~5 EUR/month server... Pathetic move from provider side.

OP: pay for service and dump this company with negative feedback spread across your country.

• @LTniger said:
    And this is for ~5 EUR/month server... Pathetic move from provider side.

OP: pay for service and dump this company with negative feedback spread across your country.

totally worth the price, I will suggest them buy it , and learn some germany.

Thanked by 3mfs lion MikePT
  • TL;DR; if you feel German laws are complicated and shouldn't apply to you, because you are in another country - don't buy services from German providers.

not intend to defend netcup, debt collectors simply are a strong business here all over the place, not only for hosting services and stuff...

I'd really would like to know the outcome if someone takes something like this to their local court. the debt collector would have made some risk calculations beforehand to decide if taking cases like netcup bills, wouldn't he? :-)

• I decide to pay the bill since its my fault to not understand the whole rule. But it come to mind if they ask me something I cannot provide or refuse to cancel my account and keeps sending me bills and keep the box runing, then I should pay them everything they semd me ?

Thanked by 2MikePT Falzo
  • @Falzo thank youfor your reply.

I am fine with most of the providers here.
    I subscribed a few of internet services like fastmail evernote

For Germany company ,I am using hetzner mailbox.org,posteo.de, ultravps.eu

I should say this kind of things happen for the first time.

Thanked by 3MikePT Falzo UltraVPS

@cece said:
    I decide to pay the bill since its my fault to not understand the whole rule. But it come to mind if they ask me something I cannot provide or refuse to cancel my account and keeps sending me bills and keep the box runing, then I should pay them everything they semd me ?
    @cece said:
    @Falzo thank youfor your reply.

I am fine with most of the providers here.
    I subscribed a few of internet services like fastmail evernote

For Germany company ,I am using hetzner mailbox.org,posteo.de, ultravps.eu

I should say this kind of things happen for the first time.

I wish more people were like you. Thats a wise decision. I was not aware there were multiple steps for cancellation so yes its better to pay and give some use to the server :)

• @cece you should really put some use of that server, or make someone else put a good use to it :) Anyone can defend Netcup and justify the so-called "German law" but Hetzner is a German company and they are not doing the shady practice Netcup is employing. +1 for Hetzner and -1 for Netcup that what I learnt from this topic today :)

• What I read here is that OP tried to cancel using the 14-day-money-back period, but clicked the wrong button. He cancelled the server, not the order.

Same with hetzner, if you want to get your money back, you need to cancel the order, not the server. @Hetzner_OL has been very clear on this matter, and the same could be going on with netcup (minus the "being clear" about it)

Going forward, I have no idea how to resolve it. It was probably bad to ignore the bills though.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @godong said:
    @cece you should really put some use of that server, or make someone else put a good use to it :) Anyone can defend Netcup and justify the so-called "German law" but Hetzner is a German company and they are not doing the shady practice Netcup is employing. +1 for Hetzner and -1 for Netcup that what I learnt from this topic today :)

I am fine with this .
    In China ,such things happens everyday.They make ambigious tos ,if you pay them, you are fine, if you try to leave them, you should send them photos you put your ID card in front of you. Some times you should mail them by EMS.

I dont want to comment on how their billing&cancellation system works or even sent some debt collector. It is their own choice. They can do business as they like.

I just post here the whole thing , readers can think for themself. Does the server good&cheap&convinent enough for what you pay ? And they sell your personal information to some random lawyers.

think twice before you buy, and remember pay for it,cancel the renewal, ask them to cancel it now, send them your hand write signature. Wait for them to approve your cancellation.

Thanked by 3Falzo MikePT iKeyZ
  • @teamacc said:
    What I read here is that OP tried to cancel using the 14-day-money-back period, but clicked the wrong button. He cancelled the server, not the order.

Same with hetzner, if you want to get your money back, you need to cancel the order, not the server. @Hetzner_OL has been very clear on this matter, and the same could be going on with netcup (minus the "being clear" about it)

Going forward, I have no idea how to resolve it. It was probably bad to ignore the bills though.

With hetzner the only thing you do is click the cancel button ,if you are in the first 14 days, you get a full refund without bothering anyone. It automatically happens.

Thanked by 1fat27
  • I immediately cancel my netcup after reading this.

Well, better sooner than later. You can always cancel your cancelation request.

Thanked by 2rm_ geekalot
  • @yokowasis said:
    I immediately cancel my netcup after reading this.

Are you sure you click the right button?
    You sent them your hand write signature ?
    Do they really know what you want to cancel?
    They may think you just cancel it for next year/month ,but not NOW.

And do they approve your cancellation?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2018

@cece said:

@yokowasis said:

I am pretty sure.

Dear Mr/Ms Awesome,

this mail confirms the receipt of your cancellation. While we are sorry to see you go, we will process your cancellation in accordance with the agreed periods of notice as follows:

On 05.03.2018, the following products will be deactivated:
    v22017125216057130 - Adv17 RS 1000 Plus

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom.

We would be happy to welcome you back as our customer in the future. We make changes to our product range on an almost weekly basis and offer competitive prices at a level of quality that is hard to find elsewhere.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Ihr netcup Team

• WSSWSS Member

@yokowasis said:

On 05.03.2018, the following products will be deactivated:
    v22017125216057130 - Adv17 RS 1000 Plus

See? You're still held to your contact period. There's nothing specifically shady about this- you didn't cancel within the first two weeks, so it's yours until March 5th. OP just clicked "Cancel" like you did, but never paid for the period, which they realize, and certainly won't do again.

• @cece said:

@yokowasis said:

I think @yokowasis was about "now" cancelling the renewal, so he just can't forget it before the 31 days are approaching...

@cece no offense! I really don't blame you for getting into trouble with all those regulations, it's simply hard to grep from the outside, I get that... I would not know much about chinese laws either.

I made use of their satisfaction guarantue ones and yes, I simply send them a FAX with my signature on it - imagine that :-D :-D :-D

for not having the services renewed an early cancellation in their control panel always has been enough.

for what it's worth I also agree that it would be a much easier way to simply let people leave, especially if they haven't paid yet but got buyers remorse. I often wrote here, that I also much more prefer approaches where provider simply refund and be done with it.

same of course goes for netcup!! I think it would help more to simply cut it instead making a fuss about it and even involve debt collectors.

but only difference to the no refund strategies I see here is that what netcup does assumes you know what a contract is and how you're bound to it (in terms of german laws that is), rather then a provider writing some 'no refunds' in his ToS and fighting over 10$ for a cheap yearly service afterwards and based on that ToS rule...

for the latter usually the buyer demanding a refund even gets suspended/terminated and blamed for not reading the TOS or even for commiting fraud if he did a chargeback - at least if he comes here to complain.

so I think of the case not being much different, despite @cece being very polite and much more reasonable than what is to be seen here usually. it's just not about refund, but a provider demanding to be paid.

after all you will be able to use that service for the rest of the remaining time...

• @Falzo

Yes, now I realize they didnot know I want cancel it immediately .And I thought I have canceled it already,but didnot notice the 2018 things.

really thank you for your words,last time I use English is about 10 years ago while I was in colledge.It is pretty hard for me to understand it fast.

would definitely pay it, also warn people who new to it want to cancel.

lesson learnt , price not bad.

Thanked by 2MikePT Falzo
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2018

For a start, this is not about german companies or german laws. Generally speaking, most laws in european countries are but nationalized versions of whatever the diktat from brussels is.

Is it netcups error that some chinese customer doesn't understand the terms properly? My response might surprise you: Yes, at least in part. If I were a hoster I wouldn't do any business at all with chinese customers unless they pass a very strict entry test and pay front-up.

Am I a nazi? Allow me to quote OP -> "dont use your real name" - that's what he "learned" from it.

And btw, those terms of super-evil netcup are just about the same many, many, many providers in europe have.

The game isn't that difficult: You provide your name and data and you have 14 days to cancel the whole thing, to step back from the contract you just made. Doesn't sound that frighteningly difficult.

And I'd bet the basic legal model in China is quite similar. You have some time, maybe 3 days, maybe 14 or 30, to step back from a contract or to return a purchase. Plus, if it's about a more or less long running service contract you may stop to prolong it every x months (typ. 12).

Oh, and there's something else we evil europeans have for you chinese: "Audiatur et altera pars" - hear both sides before making a judgement! I fucking bet that after hearing netcups version the whole situation would look very different. But alas we evil europeans actually protect the customers so bloody well that netcup can not even talk about it but has to quietly tolerate all weird an crazy allegations.

You, OP, learned to use a fake name? Well, I learned from this thread to avoid chinese, to simply say "thanks no" unless they proove being real and having good intentions. And yes, betcha, chinese should show their passport plus a confirmation from their embassy (which I, maybe stupidly, assume to play honest).

Thanked by 1cece
  • WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy Ya know, there are plenty of decaf options which taste as good as the real thing..

@cece said:
    @Falzo

Yes, now I realize they didnot know I want cancel it immediately .And I thought I have canceled it already,but didnot notice the 2018 things.

really thank you for your words,last time I use English is about 10 years ago while I was in colledge.It is pretty hard for me to understand it fast.

would definitely pay it, also warn people who new to it want to cancel.

lesson learnt , price not bad.

Your English is pretty good, with the assistance of google translator you'll do just fine, it takes some time to learn (I'm from Portugal, had to learn English as well), you'll get there :-).
    Keep checking these forums and find awesome offers here.

• @Falzo

I have a BF deal that I "cancelled" few weeks ago, just to be sure I was well in advance. Now, reading this thread makes me wonder if I cancelled correctly. Here's a screenshot from the service in the ccp:

It's marked for cancellation on the 02/23/18

They also says "Next statement on the 02/24/18" - Does it mean I will be charged again ?

Thank you @cece for this thread as it rises a few legitimate questions...

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc said:
    They also says "Next statement on the 02/24/18" - Does it mean I will be charged again ?

Click the support link to your lower left, and send a message confirming your cancellation.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    @bsdguy Ya know, there are plenty of decaf options which taste as good as the real thing..

My blogs and communities get mercilessly spammed by chinese assholes. And having a little insight into one or the other hosting operation I know how troublesome (many, not all) chinese customers are. One problem being that as hoster you are fucked either way because differentiating consumes resources and always favours the chinese "customer" and because you are more or less at their mercy when they start their shit storms because our oh so evil laws actually are in their favour.

So often the provider ends up double fucked because them chinese non-clients drive away some potential real clients with their shit storms.

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    So often the provider ends up double fucked because them chinese non-clients drive away some real clients with their shit storms.

So, just ban them from service, and don't take new signups from China. If you're tripping over dollars to pick up pennies, you're doing it wrong.

• WSS said: send a message confirming your cancellation

Done :P

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc said:

WSS said: send a message confirming your cancellation

Done :P

For what it's worth, when I've cancelled services with them, I received a nearly-immediate email confirming my last date of service.