Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4-5 TB Storage Server with the prices like Kimsufi? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4-5 TB Storage Server with the prices like Kimsufi?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@spectraip said:
    Special deal, I have approx 2-4 servers (NUCs) available.

I might be interested if the bandwidth wasn't so abysmal. 5TB? Really?

• @spectraip said:

Eh? Is is 2 or 4? Or 3?

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@spectraip said:

Bandwidth in NL is fucking expensive Ya know

@Nekki said:

@spectraip said:

Eh? Is is 2 or 4? Or 3?

He means there are 2, 3 or 4 available, depends

• WSSWSS Member

@FoxelVox said:

I'm not disputing that, but a 4TB service with 5TB bandwidth, and I suppose that is bidirectional..

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @FoxelVox said:

@WSS said:

@spectraip said:

@Nekki said:

@spectraip said:

Eh? Is is 2 or 4? Or 3?

He means there are 2, 3 or 4 available, depends

That was helpful, thanks!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@spectraip said:

Neat, where can we order?

• @WSS said:

@FoxelVox said:

I'm not disputing that, but a 4TB service with 5TB bandwidth, and I suppose that is bidirectional..

I think he was joking

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Order link here!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2018

Before everyone dives in, do your due diligence, ffs.

Servers sold out!

• @Nekki said:

They wonder why we shitpost a lot, might be because no body listens anyways.

Thanked by 1MasonR

"We have ordered the necessary additional hardware, which we expect to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. As soon as your server has been delivered, you will receive your details and we will configure the renewal date."

• @Neoon said:
    "We have ordered the necessary additional hardware, which we expect to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. As soon as your server has been delivered, you will receive your details and we will configure the renewal date."

They had to buy new hardware for what appeared to be a piece of shit thrown-together from old parts?

• Seems legit

• Everyone who bought the server got the same message as @Neoon?

edited January 2018

@Nekki said:

This reminds me of that last DEAL, were a different host went on LET and came up like, yea we have like 20-40 XEON BREAD boards.

After a day, he took a look and he had only 20.

It took them a few weeks to let us know.

Those people should be send to church.

But lets hope for the best, that he only needs some memory baaars or a HDD.

SpectraIP is active for lots of years in the hosting business. All ordered custom servers will be delivered and all customers will be very happy with our services.

Due to the large amount of orders, I do not have these drives (4TB) in stock. That is the reason of the delay for some orders. My apologies for that.

• @spectraip said:

Due to the large amount of orders, I do not have these drives (4TB) in stock. That is the reason of the delay for some orders. My apologies for that.

You said you had 2-4 servers, you ended up selling more than that?

Thanked by 1Aidan

I had 2 with 4 TB HDD included and 2 with 500 GB HDD included, which means that I need to order some new drives.

• @spectraip said:
    I had 2 with 4 TB HDD included and 2 with 500 GB HDD included, which means that I need to order some new drives.

Ok guy.

I’ve got to be honest, this sounds a bit like bullshitting (who refers to 4 orders as a ‘large amount’?), but I guess time will tell.

Thanked by 3MasonR Rolter iki
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

Hope to hear good things about (and more offers from) @spectraip ...

Another possibility (if KVM in Buffalo NY is suitable) is recent storage plan from @Virmach (some discussion here) - but please do carefully check their TOS (ie copyright and/or adult content) as well as expected CPU use! Anyway, attractive pricing at $7 monthly per TB storage (with 1 GB RAM / 10 TB xfer) and 10 gigabit/s uplink advertised - $28 per month for 4 TB storage (with corresponding multiple of RAM and xfer).

Also @ikoula has some decent dedi offers (possibly with promotion giving 50% off first billing period upto 3 months) - some of these allow upgrading drives (I got a 3 TB drive on my e3-1220 for just a few € extra monthly fee). I think cost not considering promotions may be a bit more than kimsufi but you do get what you pay for - ie better equipment and service. Perfect uptime, at least the several months I've been using them. Ikoula has DC in France, network is somewhere between okay and "pretty good" - always providing at least the advertised 100 megabit/s every time I've checked.

Thanked by 1Ikoula

Our reviews:

Google - Trustpilot - Dutch ISPGids

Thanked by 1uptime

@spectraip said:
    Our reviews:

Google - Trustpilot - Dutch ISPGids

Well, I am sure you will deliver.

On LET we are a bit sceptical on new offers.

• Next time be open about it, like "I have 4 servers, 2 of which are with 4TB drives, 2 of which are with 500GB drives. The first 2 orders will immediately be provisioned, the other 2 will have to wait a bit for me to order new drives, but you will be on NEW drives" would have been one hell of a marketing thing.

Now you just look shady and dishonest imo.

Thanked by 3Nekki lazyt Ewok
  • @teamacc said:
    Next time be open about it, like "I have 4 servers, 2 of which are with 4TB drives, 2 of which are with 500GB drives. The first 2 orders will immediately be provisioned, the other 2 will have to wait a bit for me to order new drives, but you will be on NEW drives" would have been one hell of a marketing thing.

Now you just look shady and dishonest imo.

Why so toxic again @teamacc?

I bought one and he responded immediately with a ticket(dutch) explaining when they would be setup. He made a nice offer on some extra hardware he had laying around. Sure, marketing wise it could be different, but this is LET and he sold the stuff anyway with none of his customers having a problem with it.
    Gosh..

@spectraip keep up the good deals! Hope you find some good new customers here on LET.

• @AuroraZ said:

@Nekki said:

They wonder why we shitpost a lot, might be because no body listens anyways.

Well I doooooo.

• @VirtualByte said:

No toxicity intended. Just relaying my own opinion on how that was handled, with advise on how to improve it the next time, while outlining that it would possibly even improve his stance and reputation within the community.

Call it constructive criticism if you want, not toxicity.

Thanked by 3Nekki uptime Ewok
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2018

@VirtualByte said:

I bought one and he responded immediately with a ticket(dutch) explaining when they would be setup. He made a nice offer on some extra hardware he had laying around. Sure, marketing wise it could be different, but this is LET and he sold the stuff anyway with none of his customers having a problem with it.
    Gosh..

Wind your neck in son, he’s trying to prevent folks getting scammed.

This looked dodgy as hell on the face of it, even I thought so and I usually pay no mind to this sort of thing.

We all hope the provider is legit, but all to often they’re not so when the danger signs are there, they should be flagged up, for buyers and providers alike.

Thanked by 3lion lazyt Ewok

@Nekki said:

This looked dodgy as hell on the face of it, even I thought so and I usually pay no mind to this sort of thing.

We all hope the provider is legit, but all to often they’re not so when the danger signs are there, they should be flagged up, so buyers and providers alike.

Yes, but where the danger is, there are the deals.

There is always a risk of someone who could scam you.

When I think back to the Poland DEALS, it looked first like a scam but then when It got DEPLOYED and the Benchmark ran:

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • @Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

We all hope the provider is legit, but all to often they’re not so when the danger signs are there, they should be flagged up, so buyers and providers alike.

Yes, but where the danger is, there are the deals.

There is always a risk of someone who could scam you.

When I think back to the Poland DEALS, it looked first like a scam but then when It got DEPLOYED and the Benchmark ran:

Only saving pennies. Not enough pennies to be worth it.