Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU Mining - Looking for 10+ servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU Mining - Looking for 10+ servers

maverhickmaverhick Member
edited January 2018 in Providers

Any deals/suggestions on low cost boxes with high hash rates?
Edit: Dual Xeon E5-2680 V2 or better.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Little late to the party, bud.

You just got to be on the look out for Kimsufi i5 specials, online.net sales, and other promos. No one is selling boxes capable of paying for themselves through mining anymore. Sorry mate.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

MasonR said: You just got to be on the look out for Kimsufi i5 specials, online.net sales, and other promos. No one is selling boxes capable of paying for themselves through mining anymore.

Does it depend on what you mine? And obviously whether it has hardware AES?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

And?

Run the requests over a VPN, 4 threads are mostly as efficient as 8 threads, so the box is at 50% load, no one will notice?

Thats not a fucking vps with fair share, its physical hardware.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2018

If such Dedi exist it will be OUT OF STOCK for sure

• To clarify, not looking to mine any well known existing coins. Might try some new ones - more like wanting to know which kind of boxes have the best hashrate/$ pricing and figure out next steps.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FYI:

"Prohibited Uses of Joe’s Datacenter, LLC Systems and Services"

"11. Using Joe’s Datacenter Dedicated Servers or VPS Services for mining crypto currency such as Bitcoin, or Litecoin."

Thanks @AuroraZ

Thanked by 1uptime

raindog308 said: FYI:

"Prohibited Uses of Joe’s Datacenter, LLC Systems and Services"

"11. Using Joe’s Datacenter Dedicated Servers or VPS Services for mining crypto currency such as Bitcoin, or Litecoin."

Thanks.

• roland12roland12 Member
    edited January 2018

I recommend this:

Intel Xeon W-2145

8c/16t 3.7Ghz Upto 4.5Ghz

Have a look on https://idedicatedserver.com/dedicated-servers.html We will give you 40% discount if you're interested

maverhick said: low cost boxes

maverhick said: E5-2680 V2

Your edit makes this a tall order, but I guess if you mean 'cheap for the hardware spec" you might find something like that for between $125 - $150 p/month best guess.

• WSSWSS Member

Possibly DbD; I doubt Scott cares what you do with it, but getting them setup is an entire different ball of wax.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:
    Possibly DbD; I doubt Scott cares what you do with it, but getting them setup is an entire different ball of wax.

Yeap waiting on a replacement for my LET cheap fucks special. Whole server went blamo lol.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

Yeap waiting on a replacement for my LET cheap fucks special. Whole server went blamo lol.

Nice.

@AuroraZ said:

When did that happen? My server went down a few months ago and wouldn't come back up. They brought it back after a day or so and never said what the issue was.

• @MasonR said:

@AuroraZ said:

When did that happen? My server went down a few months ago and wouldn't come back up. They brought it back after a day or so and never said what the issue was.

About 3 days ago Scott said it had died and offered me an E3 as replacement. Hopefully it gets setup soon.

@AuroraZ said:

@MasonR said:

@AuroraZ said:

About 3 days ago Scott said it had died and offered me an E3 as replacement. Hopefully it gets setup soon.

Nice! Should be worth the wait then, I'd think. Good luck!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • All 3 servers I've had with DBD have been rock solid. Hope to see some more deals from them soon :)

• @maverhick said:
    To clarify, not looking to mine any well known existing coins. Might try some new ones - more like wanting to know which kind of boxes have the best hashrate/$ pricing and figure out next steps.

With existing coin at current price very hard to cover cost of server. With new coin less competition but very risky because could be months before coin listed on exchange so you pay for server but mine without coin price and hope it survive.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Prohibited by AUP:

qps said: Prohibited by AUP:

Yep, already mentioned that above :)

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

I've got some E5-2670 x 2 (2) $70/ea and an E5-2650 x 2 (1) $60/ea I'll rent for CPU mining.

• maverhickmaverhick Member
    edited January 2018

I've got some E5-2670 x 2 (2) $70/ea and an E5-2650 x 2 (1) $60/ea I'll rent for CPU mining.

PM'd

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I've got a ton of Dual E5-2660 and 2670v2s and I've recently setup a bunch of Ryzen 7 boxes too.

I don't know what algo you'll use, but if it's Cryptonite, the E5s get over 1KH/s, and the Ryzen get over 500H/s.

I'm willing to rent both at reasonable (even low) price, but not less than what I know I could mine for. That would be crazy!

For the E5s, could do it FROM US$100 /month.
    For the Ryzen, could do it FROM US$50 /month.

The 2670 and 2650 (v1) can get about 900 and 800H/s respectively. They use more power than v2 and newer too... But $70 and $60 is pretty decent. That's about what you could make from mining the 'known' coins.

Since it's for mining, I assume you don't need much RAM, disk or bandwidth?

• roland12roland12 Member
    edited January 2018

@randvegeta said:
    I've got a ton of Dual E5-2660 and 2670v2s and I've recently setup a bunch of Ryzen 7 boxes too.

I don't know what algo you'll use, but if it's Cryptonite, the E5s get over 1KH/s, and the Ryzen get over 500H/s.

I'm willing to rent both at reasonable (even low) price, but not less than what I know I could mine for. That would be crazy!

For the E5s, could do it FROM US$100 /month.
    For the Ryzen, could do it FROM US$50 /month.

The 2670 and 2650 (v1) can get about 900 and 800H/s respectively. They use more power than v2 and newer too... But $70 and $60 is pretty decent. That's about what you could make from mining the 'known' coins.

Since it's for mining, I assume you don't need much RAM, disk or bandwidth?

W-2145 almost double the benchmark of e5-2650v1 but not sure with hashrate.

Thanked by 1kozi

roland12 said: W-2145 almost double the benchmark of e5-2650v1 but not sure with hashrate.

Never even heard of this model....

First, didn't the previous guy offer Dual E5-2650v1?

The main thing with hash rate (if it's Cryptonite) and Intel CPUs is cache. The E5-2650 has 20MB cache EACH. The W-2145 only has 11MB. So even though the W-2145 has 8 cores, only 5 could be used, so I suspect a single E5-2650 would still be better than the W-2145. So 2 will definitely be better.

Thanked by 1roland12
  • @randvegeta said:

roland12 said: W-2145 almost double the benchmark of e5-2650v1 but not sure with hashrate.

Never even heard of this model....

First, didn't the previous guy offer Dual E5-2650v1?

The main thing with hash rate (if it's Cryptonite) and Intel CPUs is cache. The E5-2650 has 20MB cache EACH. The W-2145 only has 11MB. So even though the W-2145 has 8 cores, only 5 could be used, so I suspect a single E5-2650 would still be better than the W-2145. So 2 will definitely be better.

Maybe he should go with the cheapest E5-2650 offer. I guess so, I dont know much more about mining since im not a fan of it.

roland12 said: Maybe he should go with the cheapest E5-2650 offer.

The E5-2650 for $60 /month is a steal of a price. But the provider says he only has 1 in stock, and 2 of the 2670s. OP requested 10+, so he will still need more.

But if you assume that the 2670 can do 900H/s, and the and the 2650 can do 800H/s, then that's a cost of $1 / 12.8 and 13.3 per hash per second.

The E5-2660 and 2670v2 can do over 100H/s, of which I would be willing to sell for $100 - $110 /month. The hash rates are 1KH/s - 1.1KH/s respectively, so my pricing is $1 = 10H/s. More expensive, but not worth selling for less since mining can earn more.

roland12 said: I dont know much more about mining since im not a fan of it.

To be honest, neither am I. It's completely wasteful and pointless. It serves no social function, and the processing of crypto transactions can easily be handled by a tiny number of machines (1 technically). After all, BTC can only handle 7 transactions per second. Imagine if your computer couldn't handle 7 databases queries per second...

With all that being said, as a provider with excess servers available, it only makes economic sense to put those machines to use and make SOME money. So long as the operating costs are less than the income generated, it's good for the company's bottom line.

• @randvegeta said:

roland12 said: Maybe he should go with the cheapest E5-2650 offer.

The E5-2650 for $60 /month is a steal of a price. But the provider says he only has 1 in stock, and 2 of the 2670s. OP requested 10+, so he will still need more.

But if you assume that the 2670 can do 900H/s, and the and the 2650 can do 800H/s, then that's a cost of $1 / 12.8 and 13.3 per hash per second.

The E5-2660 and 2670v2 can do over 100H/s, of which I would be willing to sell for $100 - $110 /month. The hash rates are 1KH/s - 1.1KH/s respectively, so my pricing is $1 = 10H/s. More expensive, but not worth selling for less since mining can earn more.

roland12 said: I dont know much more about mining since im not a fan of it.

To be honest, neither am I. It's completely wasteful and pointless. It serves no social function, and the processing of crypto transactions can easily be handled by a tiny number of machines (1 technically). After all, BTC can only handle 7 transactions per second. Imagine if your computer couldn't handle 7 databases queries per second...

With all that being said, as a provider with excess servers available, it only makes economic sense to put those machines to use and make SOME money. So long as the operating costs are less than the income generated, it's good for the company's bottom line.

But for 3rd world countries, mining would be profitable but the only risk was its value decrease a lot sometimes. CPU & GPU cost gets high because of that.

roland12 said: But for 3rd world countries, mining would be profitable but the only risk was its value decrease a lot sometimes. CPU & GPU cost gets high because of that.

I don't see what difference it makes regarding profitability between the developed and developing world.

Generally speaking, most 'poor' / developing countries have very unreliable power, and not particularly cheap either. Access to technology is also limited.

I would no longer really consider China 'developing' any more. And if it were not for government policy, China would be the undisputed centre of mining due to access to the technology (all the factories are based there), good infrastructure (at least more than sufficient for the purpose of mining), cheap land/property and of course, cheap electricity.

Again, other than Gov policies, there is no sign that these advantages would ever be taken away from China given it has the fastest growing renewable energy sector in the world, and renewables are already cheaper per KWH than fossil or nuclear sources, so energy cost would likely fall in the long term.

North American energy is also pretty damn cheap, with many places around the US paying less than $0.10/kwh RETAIL. Wholesale rates of course are much lower. There are certain areas where land / property is also very cheap, and again they have decent infrastructure. The biggest problem with the US is that they need to import all the hardware since most of it is made in Asia (China in particular).

Even in parts of Europe, like Lithuania, I imagine would still have a great advantage over any properly 3rd world country. It's cold, which reduces electricity requirements, and property is relatively cheap and infrastructure is excellent! Biggest downside is again, all hardware is imported, and sales tax is higher than that of USA or anywhere outside of the EU pretty much.

I see no reason why any 3rd world country would particularly benefit from mining over developed countries.

• robohostrobohost Member
    edited January 2018

@randvegeta said:

roland12 said: But for 3rd world countries, mining would be profitable but the only risk was its value decrease a lot sometimes. CPU & GPU cost gets high because of that.

I don't see what difference it makes regarding profitability between the developed and developing world.

Generally speaking, most 'poor' / developing countries have very unreliable power, and not particularly cheap either. Access to technology is also limited.

I would no longer really consider China 'developing' any more. And if it were not for government policy, China would be the undisputed centre of mining due to access to the technology (all the factories are based there), good infrastructure (at least more than sufficient for the purpose of mining), cheap land/property and of course, cheap electricity.

Again, other than Gov policies, there is no sign that these advantages would ever be taken away from China given it has the fastest growing renewable energy sector in the world, and renewables are already cheaper per KWH than fossil or nuclear sources, so energy cost would likely fall in the long term.

North American energy is also pretty damn cheap, with many places around the US paying less than $0.10/kwh RETAIL. Wholesale rates of course are much lower. There are certain areas where land / property is also very cheap, and again they have decent infrastructure. The biggest problem with the US is that they need to import all the hardware since most of it is made in Asia (China in particular).

Even in parts of Europe, like Lithuania, I imagine would still have a great advantage over any properly 3rd world country. It's cold, which reduces electricity requirements, and property is relatively cheap and infrastructure is excellent! Biggest downside is again, all hardware is imported, and sales tax is higher than that of USA or anywhere outside of the EU pretty much.

I see no reason why any 3rd world country would particularly benefit from mining over developed countries.

Maybe what he tried to say is, for 3rd world country they will take smalest profit without calculate the effort