Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$30AUD budget for 2TB storage dedicated/VPS; NL based
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$30AUD budget for 2TB storage dedicated/VPS; NL based

enu0enu0 Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Looking to setup a dedicated server/VPS, preferably hosted in the Netherlands, but a France-based OVH server is fine.

After a dedicated 1Gbit line, or min. 1GBit guaranteed bandwidth.
The setup doesn't need to be overly powerful, but needs to have minimum 8GB RAM. Naturally, the more powerful, the better.

Unlimited bandwidth is preferred, but 10TB/mo should be fine.

Overview:

Storage: min. 2TB; Bandwidth: Unlimited, 1Gbit (or min. 10TB).; Location: NL, FR (OVH-hosted)

Willing to be flexible, but money is a concern.
Currently hosted with OneProvider, but unhappy with the speeds and performance I'm getting for the price.

Should mention that I'm planning on using this as a seedbox. I've been with FH, but speeds were inconsistent, and the server often throttled during peak times.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Lots of luck with that.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • enu0 said: but unhappy with the speeds and performance I'm getting for the price.

enu0 said: Bandwidth: Unlimited

Wait, what? You're NOT paying enough to justify the speed you're receiving.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

enu0 said:

Unlimited bandwidth is preferred, but 10TB/mo should be fine.

Unlimited isn't happening, 10TB is maybe doable.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Maybe in Australia internet is free, but in Europe we still have to pay for that )))

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@GTHost said:
    Maybe in Australia internet is free

Isn't the opposite true. Like stupid expensive.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Aidan said:
    Wait, what? You're NOT paying enough to justify the speed you're receiving.

With OP I'm paying $40+. The speeds I'm getting are definitely not worth the price.

@willie said:
    Unlimited isn't happening, 10TB is maybe doable.

Yeah, didn't think unlimited would be possible. 10TB is easily workable, but anything lower than that might throw up the odd issue (some days I'm downloading ~500GB).

@MikeA said:
    Isn't the opposite true. Like stupid expensive.

That's an affirmative. Paying $100AUD for 100/20, unlimited.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Are speeds to Australia the issue your trying to fix by moving provider or just speed in general?

• @trewq said:
    Are speeds to Australia the issue your trying to fix by moving provider or just speed in general?

Speeds in general; the download speeds to AUS were fine.
    To use an example, on a large torrent (100GB+) I uploaded to a major private tracker, I could barely get above 30MB/s. This wasn't a peering issue, as there were other online.net (where my OP server is hosted) in the swarm.

• If such a deal existed, it’d be wiped out quick.

(Probably even by OneProvider themselves)

• @Zen said:
    Mb/s or MB/s? And are we talking about burst capability or long-term? I think sustaining 30MB/s on a VM is perfectly acceptable.

That's burst, in a time that I should really be getting around 100MiB/s, if not more.

Do you actually need the RAM and decent processing power? SYS has ARM servers if you're using this purely for downloads/uploads with no transcoding or whatnot.

Honestly, not really. I need enough RAM and processing power to run 100's of torrents seeding simultaneously, and to create the odd torrent, but that's it.

I just had a look at SYS - though they're a little bit out of my price-range, they do look promising, but unfortunately their network is limited to 100Mbit/s.