Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET

13»

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I've used Servage in the past for shared hosting - was a good service for the money but I tend to use VPS/dedicated now.

• fkjfkj Member

@AnthonySmith said:

fkj said: AWS, GCE, Azure, Alibaba, Tencent, literally every "CLOUD" provider has no presence in LET.

And you use them all and they are your goto hosts?

Sure why not. LE market is for personal interest and hobbies. But when it comes to production, I certainly prefer cloud providers to lower down deployment risk. A very example would be how providers handle node reboot, my KVM at Dediserve etc. restart two or three times every month, and I didn't get any notification at all (only those from Zabbix monitor); while, for four years, my clouds at Alibaba had rebooted only once, with notification send out a week before, attached with a ~30USD voucher for the inconvenient caused.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

fkj said: Sure why not.

fair enough, I just was not sure if you were making a statement or if that is who you actually use.

@bsdguy, personally I have found German companies to be by far the most bureaucratic and inflexible of all, in fact, I have only lost any significant sum of money with hosting companies twice in 10 years, both were German.

In fact, to be honest, the most straightforward dealings and most hassle-free experiences have been with west coast USA hosts, perhaps its something in the water :) obviously this is just my experience which is no measure for a global market state.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Leaseweb. Their VPS are very stable and with consistent performance.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • @fkj said:

@AnthonySmith said:

fkj said: AWS, GCE, Azure, Alibaba, Tencent, literally every "CLOUD" provider has no presence in LET.

Sure why not. LE market is for personal interest and hobbies. But when it comes to production, I certainly prefer cloud providers to lower down deployment risk. A very example would be how providers handle node reboot, my KVM at Dediserve etc. restart two or three times every month, and I didn't get any notification at all (only those from Zabbix monitor); while, for four years, my clouds at Alibaba had rebooted only once, with notification send out a week before, attached with a ~30USD voucher for the inconvenient caused.

Never realized that didibaba is such good, but true it's the best option among Chinese cloud hosting providers. We often jokingly call them "tricks cloud" to avoid been sued 10 million.

• isijosamuaisijosamua Member
    edited January 2018

I've been a Crocweb reseller customer for more than a year now, never need to raise any support ticket regarding services. Really great server uptime compared to HostMantis and BuyShared downtime. I always look forward to BuyShared improvements. :)

• fkjfkj Member
    edited January 2018

@hiphiphip0 said:

@fkj said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Never realized that didibaba is such good, but true it's the best option among Chinese cloud hosting providers. We often jokingly call them "tricks cloud" to avoid been sued 10 million.

It was actually ~50USD for each EC, I just checked, when they asked clients to reboot for migrating from the very old architecture to a new one in Qingdao DC (aka. you need a very old server with them to claim the reward with 1min downtime, totally worth it). Other than that, their server hasn't rebooted at all, and the same goes to AWS etc.

• @isijosamua said:
    I've been a Crocweb reseller customer for more than a year now, never need to raise any support ticket regarding services. Really great server uptime compared to HostMantis and BuyShared downtime. I always look forward to BuyShared improvements. :)

Agree with that if @Francisco increase price and make mailchannel as an add-on, sometimes the load is too high.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @bsdguy, personally I have found German companies to be by far the most bureaucratic and inflexible of all, in fact, I have only lost any significant sum of money with hosting companies twice in 10 years, both were German.

In fact, to be honest, the most straightforward dealings and most hassle-free experiences have been with west coast USA hosts, perhaps its something in the water :) obviously this is just my experience which is no measure for a global market state.

I guess that's a lot to do with mindset and cultural standards and what one is used to. I personally perceive the german hosters as hands on, no fuzz, no bullshit but, yes, mildly bureaucratic. But if one is used to it one hardly notices it.

Plus generally (well according to my personal impression) germans tend to have a very pragmatic craftsmen like attitude. They hate bureaucracy just like anyone else but have a somewhat higher tolerance for it because they take it as a form of "doing thing right and orderly".

That said, keep in mind that I was talking about what I do with/for clients (many of them german companies), particularly ones who typically want a provider either from their own country or from one close by and with a somewhat similar culture (read: NL, CZ, AT maybe FR but less so).

Side note: I generally had positive impressions from my side, i.e. the techie who needs to actually work with them servers. I almost always found german providers friendly, ready to help, provide the information I need or, say, quickly plug in a kvm for me. Can't talk a lot about us of a providers since I very rarely had a server there.

• @fkj

It was actually ~50USD for each EC, I just checked, when they asked clients to reboot for migrating from the very old architecture to a new one in Qingdao DC (aka. you need a very old server with them to claim the reward with 1min downtime, totally worth it). Other than that, their server hasn't rebooted at all, and the same goes to AWS etc.

Yeah, I still remember their 100 times compensation. It's too hard to maintain these high-level service standards.
    I checked my VM with them, one is up 653 days, another is 22:55:03 up 547 days, 4:16, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05, another is 22:58:21 up 464 days, 11:10, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05 , it's good enough.

• sinsin Member

@Shazan said:
    Leaseweb. Their VPS are very stable and with consistent performance.

Yup, same here. Leaseweb's VPSes have never let me down and their performance stays the same.

Thanked by 2Shazan Xei
  • AWS is great

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Sazan, @sin Leaseweb VPS yes they work stable, but the overall performance is really bad (NL and DE Location tested).

Dedicated server that does well for me since years: Leaseweb, Core Backbone

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Well besides Hetzner (now active even here) and Prometeus (not active here any more but still renowned) there are some regional providers, Enter and Seeweb

I have to interact with Aruba and KPNQwest (the "Highlander" branch) and that's probably a karma I have to carry for some tort in a past life

I tried Alibaba in Frankfurt and it was pretty solid

Not a fan of AWS

fkj said: when it comes to production, I certainly prefer cloud providers to lower down deployment risk

I all frankness I always looked at it in the opposite way; "cloud" (possibly, billed hourly) as a test/development tool and "non-cloud" (dedi, VPS, webhosting, whatever) for production, but yours approach is more and more common. "Deployment risk" (I think you mean HA) is handled possibly in a better and cheaper way in your infrastructure, or with a simple diversification of risk (replication across multiple providers). I believe it has its own pitfalls but it all depends on your usage case. With the market prices now available for "cloud" (namely, Hetzner) this kind of resources are becoming more and more of a commodity anyway.

For sure your provider (cloud or not) shouldn't power-cycle your machine randomly and without notice, this is not acceptable as a business practice anywhere I guess

• Serwerydedykowane.pl i have a few dedis with them and its been perfect.

Binarylane.com.au for vps's that are for serious things like hosting customer websites.

Namesilo for domains, cheap and never had a single problem.

• @hiphiphip0 said:

@isijosamua said:

Agree with that if @Francisco increase price and make mailchannel as an add-on, sometimes the load is too high.

Yeah. Price increased isn't an issue, as long as the uptime is improved. :)

• Mine is Pressable. Been great, no issues whatsoever.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@isijosamua said:

@hiphiphip0 said:

@isijosamua said:

I'll likely go the route of just over-beefing the nodes so the load doesn't matter. If the box has 48 threads, a 20 load is nothing. I'll likely do a paid addon to allow a reseller to buy more CPU/RAM, but bumping the price for clients just doesn't sit well with me.

But, that's for a different thread.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@isijosamua said:

@hiphiphip0 said:

I'll likely do a paid addon to allow a reseller to buy more CPU/RAM.

Francisco

Please make it happen. Can't wait to upgrade. :P

• NFO Servers :D

• Another vote for yourserver.se - a single routing issue during the past year was dealt with swiftly,
    Even though OVZ they also supports NFS and some IPsec.

openvz.io - (iniz.com) .. no issues

Also happy with time4vps -

• @Francisco said:

@isijosamua said:

@hiphiphip0 said:

@isijosamua said:

I'll likely go the route of just over-beefing the nodes so the load doesn't matter. If the box has 48 threads, a 20 load is nothing. I'll likely do a paid addon to allow a reseller to buy more CPU/RAM, but bumping the price for clients just doesn't sit well with me.

But, that's for a different thread.

Francisco

Cloudlinux has released reseller limits out of beta.
    https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux-os-blog/entry/cloudlinux-releases-lve-manager-with-reseller-limits-to-production

Is this what you are referring too?