Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Server in EU Germany under 30EUR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Server in EU Germany under 30EUR

sadtunasadtuna Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

min 2TB storage and IPMI is my only requirement.

best deal wins.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

You missed the 8€/month Kimsufi sale, shitcoinminers emptied the hetzner server auction... @cociu isn't going to restock his storage VPS. I don't know where to get storage atm, but if you find a solution please tell me.

• Thanked by 1farnox
  • Maybe @Abdullah can do a thing, although the offer back then stated "not after 1st of jan, no exceptions"

• Hetzner, Webtropia

• If you're happy with Kimsufi models, the KS-2E's are still available at less than 10€/month. Granted they're not the fastest CPU or network wise but they are generally excellent value for the price considering they are dedicated machines for you to idle at will.

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited January 2018

Ok, that suggestion only meets the amount of space you are asking (not a dedi and not in DE), but @UltraVPS is still offering 2TB for €10 on their Storage Special 2:

https://www.ultravps.eu/en/

1 CPU core
    2 GB RAM
    2 TB data storage
    5 TB data transfer
    1 IPv4 address
    10 IPv6 addresses
    Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Contract term 6 months
    10.00 €/month

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • I have a server at serwerydedykowane.pl and I do not complain. I bought them some time ago and I have no problems with them. They have very low prices for such good equipment. It is easy to install the system using the panel and restart the server.

19.16 EUR / month for start server :) 2x core, 4 gb ram 2 tb or 120 gb disk

• @Yooster said:
    I have a server at serwerydedykowane.pl and I do not complain. I bought them some time ago and I have no problems with them. They have very low prices for such good equipment. It is easy to install the system using the panel and restart the server.

19.16 EUR / month for start server :) 2x core, 4 gb ram 2 tb or 120 gb disk

Any 75% off or 40% off promo might be attractive here.

• WSSWSS Member

Did all of you skip over IPMI?

@mtsbatalha said:
    Hetzner, Webtropia

You haven't looked since the Shoeminers took over, have you?

Right now an i7-2600 w/ 2 * 3TB is "bargain priced" at € 36.13, and they're not even enterprise HDs.

• Servdiscount have some available: https://servdiscount.com/
    27,99€/month for a Xeon E3-1230, 16 GB, 2x1TB and IPMI, but you'll have to RAID 0 these disks if you want 2 TB.

Thanked by 1sadtuna
  • @pike said:
    You missed the 8€/month Kimsufi sale, shitcoinminers emptied the hetzner server auction... @cociu isn't going to restock his storage VPS. I don't know where to get storage atm, but if you find a solution please tell me.

Server location is not DE

@Rodney said:
    Servdiscount have some available: https://servdiscount.com/
    27,99€/month for a Xeon E3-1230, 16 GB, 2x1TB and IPMI, but you'll have to RAID 0 these disks if you want 2 TB.

That looks very interesting.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2018

@sadtuna I dont host anything at myLoc DC anymore. And for 2TB I can go for a 2TB single disk kimsufi. 2x4TB is the stuff I want at that price point.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited January 2018

@sadtuna said:

@pike said:

Server location is not DE

@Rodney said:
    Servdiscount have some available: https://servdiscount.com/

That looks very interesting.

Please note: Servdiscount is just another myLoc brand. It’s the same thing as Webtropia.

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited January 2018

DennisdeWit said: Please note: Servdiscount is just another myLoc brand. It’s the same thing as Webtropia.

Yup and they have all the same downsides! But the requirements were kinda high and this is something that (mostly) fits the bill. You can use a coupon to bring that down to 7,99€ for the first month to see if it works well enough I guess.

Edit: I've just seen that they added another server with 3x1 TB for 30,99€, you could software RAID5 those to get 2 TB net capacity.

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Is Amsterdam datacenter also an option?

• erkinerkin Member
    edited January 2018

@sadtuna
    You wrote EU Germany. Should we understand this as Germany being your priority or preference?

• sadtunasadtuna Member
    edited January 2018

@erkin said:
    @sadtuna
    You wrote EU Germany. Should we understand this as Germany being your priority or preference?

sure

@spectraip said:
    Is Amsterdam datacenter also an option?

depends :)

lg?

• @Rodney said:

DennisdeWit said: Please note: Servdiscount is just another myLoc brand. It’s the same thing as Webtropia.

Yup and they have all the same downsides! But the requirements were kinda high and this is something that (mostly) fits the bill. You can use a coupon to bring that down to 7,99€ for the first month to see if it works well enough I guess.

Edit: I've just seen that they added another server with 3x1 TB for 30,99€, you could software RAID5 those to get 2 TB net capacity.

What I experienced with ServDiscount and Webtropia is that none of these disks actually seem to physically exist. They are using some network storage, slowing the I/O of the ‘hard disk’ down completely.

• DennisdeWit said: What I experienced with ServDiscount and Webtropia is that none of these disks actually seem to physically exist. They are using some network storage, slowing the I/O of the ‘hard disk’ down completely.

That should only be the case for the "Moonshot" servers. All other dedicated servers just have spinning rust in them as with any other provider.