Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Time4VPS need docker availability (EU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got Time4VPS need docker availability (EU)

CyberZeCyberZe Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Hi,
At the moment I've got T4VPS 1gb which is enough for my purpose. Sadly they run ovz6 and that gets me nowhere with docker as it need newer kernel to run.
At the moment I'm paying 23.88 EUR biennially.
Is there something similar that has ovz7 so I could use docker?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

why not use a KVM VPS?

• @MikeA said:
    why not use a KVM VPS?

If it would be in close price range then why not. The one in the link is only 4 times more expensive sadly.

• Probably hard to find for 1€/month.
    A small KVM at the Hetzner cloud is 2,49 € / month and would certainly be able to do the job ...

• that is understandable
    but i'm not really looking for kvm
    what id like is to know which providers in eu are using ovz7 which would be enough for my needs :)

• You'd better go with a KVM VM for docker. I've tried to work with docker on a ovz7 and it didn't work properly. Don't remember exactly what was the reason right now, probably something missing from the kernel.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CyberZe said:
    that is understandable
    but i'm not really looking for kvm
    what id like is to know which providers in eu are using ovz7 which would be enough for my needs :)

Until SolusVM supports it, first assumption is none. Though I'd be interested to be wrong.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Hey,

we wanted to clarify that our KVM VPS, are using OpenVZ 7 with KVM hypervisor. Whenever a customer asks for a Docker support, we are recommending our KVM VPS. Although the price is higher, you could wait until some future event and grab a discount.

• You cannot get 1GB ram kvm with 1xIPV4 for that price anymore.

Here's the next best thing:
    2GB for 2.5 Euro/mo
    or 512MB ram for 12Eur/year

• CyberZeCyberZe Member
    edited January 2018

@time4vps said:
    Hey,

we wanted to clarify that our KVM VPS, are using OpenVZ 7 with KVM hypervisor. Whenever a customer asks for a Docker support, we are recommending our KVM VPS. Although the price is higher, you could wait until some future event and grab a discount.

I'm aware of those as I have already been contacted by support.
    It's the price difference that keeps me from upgrading.
    Apart from docker I'm 100% happy about this service and can recommend to anyone.
    PS. Maybe you could implement some loyalty discount on upgrading? :D

That hetzner 2gb plan looks really reasonable. I might switch just to get KVM. I'll try doing what I need without docker and if that won't work i'll use this one then, as t4vps is sadly more expensive at the moment.