Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xiamoi, Honor or Wileyfox? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xiamoi, Honor or Wileyfox?

2»

Comments

• i use xiaomi redmi note 2 from 2 and half years ago ( around $150 at those time in my country ) and it work very well until now and i use beta rom miui 9 .. my wife use redmi note 3 from 1,5 year ago and also still working until now .. i just bought mi a1 ( $230 in my country ) and still try to learn more how to use this phone but so far its all good too ... Redmi Note 5A is around $150 at my country but it only use 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage ( Mi A1 give 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, 2 rear camera 12mp and 1 front camera 5mp ).

MIUI is great, just make sure your phone use latest miui available ( global or beta ) not some custom rom from shady seller. But if you like original android, then choose Android One MI A1, and as far as i know MI A1 is supported in Europe but not work very well with USA LTE/4G frequency

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2018

using a Redmi Note 3, sorely tempted by mi Max2 for home media /web consumption phablet

• shirakun2shirakun2 Member
    edited January 2018

There are only two brands of mobile phones in the world

sony brand
    other brands

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Avoid lesser known brands. I bought a tablet in China with very good price/performance ratio, which even came with free remote access toolkit malware/adware/spyware installed on a system level. Fantastic deal!

Big brands (like Xiaomi, Huawei, Honor, Lenovo etc) are going to be fine though.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @FHR said:
    Avoid lesser known brands. I bought a tablet in China with very good price/performance ratio, which even came with free remote access toolkit malware/adware/spyware installed on a system level. Fantastic deal!

Big brands (like Xiaomi, Huawei, Honor, Lenovo etc) are going to be fine though.

lol

• Don't sure is this working in Germany or not but Xiomi 5A just launching and its my view its best above your requirement like Budget space and RAM all its really too good phone

• I am using Honor View 10 and it is an amazing device for it's price. Looks and feels much better than OP5T and as fast. So if you have the budget, Honor 8 Pro or View 10.

If not, then Honor 7x and 9Lite both are excellent options for their price.

Leeco is dead, Xiaomi only has A1 or Mix2 as decent options.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited January 2018

Am so hot of xiaomi redmi 5 plus. I think am gonna get this one if no one says something bad :)

• I love my Xiaomi 5s Plus, and have used for one year and a half, light weight, fast response, never hang, cheap. I am going to buy Xiaomi MIX 2 within couple of months.

• xiaomi 6 is better

• xiaomi 6's screen is smaller than 5s plus

• 057057 Member

Why not try HUAWEI?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Elephone p8 mini is good.

• I recently got Xiaomi RedMi Note 4 Global Edition, which works with all networks worldwide. Things I like in this device:

1. The user interface is MIUI 9 which has everything anyone would imagine right out of the box. Call recording, black list, qrcode and document scanners, screen recording, remote control (for TVs, Airconditioning, etc)
    2. 4GB RAM 64GB ROM, dual sim
    3. Snapdragon processor
    4. 4000 battery (lasts more than 2 days with regular use)
    5. Almost 85000 score on AnTuTu
    6. Unbeatable price
    7. Embedded VoIP calling (VoIP account not included ofc)

Updates on this device (and other Xiaomi devices AFAIK) are frequent and it also has a vibrant community.

• I've been using Xiaomi Mi Max (MIUI device) for more than a year. It's great, I love it. battery management is a little too harsh on background apps, sometimes I switch to another app for a second and return back to the original app, just to see it was auto-closed.

But power/battery management options are enormous, and I fiddled with them a lot in the past, it's possible I made a misconfiguration myself.

I love granular permission controls for each app (start in background, able to open another app, allow X, Y, Z,...). I turned off most of facebook's background permissions, so it auto-closes a lot, can't restart itself, and can't track me while I'm not in the app. This move improves battery in most phones.

The interface is quite different than my previous Samsung phones, it's a lot to learn before you are comfortable with every detail.

It also has many in-house tools, such as a security center, task scheduler, call recorder.

A very interesting feature is "second space" where you can set up a whole new secondary android device within the phone. You can access is with a different password or fingerprint, and it has nothing common with the "first space" android, unless you copy apps.

Great to cheat on your wife without her being able to fiddle your secret whatsapp messages and such. But the main purpose is being able to have two phones in one for dual-SIM setups.

You can also clone an app (dual app) within the same space, so you can have two facebooks, two whatsapps, in a single space. Coupled with the second space, you can effectively run 4 different copies of a single app. The dual app is also for the dual-SIm setup, such as having two whatsapps side by side for different phone numbers.

I'm pretty sure it's riddled with spyware for Chinese government so they track everything I do, but the phone and the software itself is way beyond what Samsung or others offer just by skinning and bloating the core android.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • My current phone is Honor 6x and I really like it I bought it from Amazon for $149 and the one before was Honor 5x good phone but rom was only 16g

Thanked by 2Ympker Junkless
  • +1 for Xiaomi, all my phone are Xiaomi. Because it's cheap and I am an LET member.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ordered the Xiamoi Mi A1 :) Hope I won't regret it...

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited March 2018

The only problem is that these phones often steal privacy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

@elliotc said:
    The only problem is that these phones often steal privacy.

I gave up on my privacy the moment I signed up with google services (or rather started using the internet) but yeah you have a point :)

Thanked by 2Aidan 404error
  • There is a little difference between collecting my privacy and proactively posting my privacy especially in a state of monarchy. Emm, forgetting that Hong Kong is operating "slavery." I am sorry master, my king.

• @elliotc said:
    There is a little difference between collecting my privacy and proactively posting my privacy especially in a state of monarchy. Emm, forgetting that Hong Kong is operating "slavery." I am sorry master, my king.

I'm pretty sure that Samsung and Apple and the likes have just as much dirt on their hands as Xiaomi may have so yeah. Not saying you are wrong entirely though^^