Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeBlade shutting down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeBlade shutting down

joshbjoshb Member
edited January 2018 in Providers

Got this email today..

Hello,

As you are aware, our support response time has been decreased, and general performance of >NodeBlade has been subpar. For these reasons, we have decided to close our doors.

Servers will be shutting off throughout the month. Prorata refunds will be available for those who paid > quarterly, semi-annually or annually.

It's been a pleasure,

NodeBlade

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Well, @Nodeblade, what's up? Not worth trying to sell your client base to @Ishaq? C'mon, Mark, this is kind of lackluster..

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • szarkaszarka Member
    edited January 2018

Got the same email. TBH, I didn't think they were doing a bad job for a provider in their price range. My Dallas VPS had almost 99.99% reachability over the past 100 days, and the other was still decent. Too bad. :(

• WHTWHT Member

Well 6 locations means 6 servers. For LEA market is to much for a starter.

• yea I had no issue with my KVM NodeBlade in ATL (6 months) .. now looking for another provider in ATL specifically.

• WSSWSS Member

@joshb said:
    yea I had no issue with my KVM NodeBlade in ATL (6 months) .. now looking for another provider in ATL specifically.

@ramnet

Thanked by 2joshb ramnet
  • Doesn't seem like much notice

• I've had nothing but 100% uptime since June on my KVM in NJ. I'm looking for a replacement that can match that high bar.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited January 2018

@joshb said:
    yea I had no issue with my KVM NodeBlade in ATL (6 months) .. now looking for another provider in ATL specifically.

HostUS seems to be pretty stable (near 100% uptime over past 100 days) and in the same price range (at least, for whichever LEB/LET specials I bought). They migrated to a new facility back in September and it seemed to go smoothly enough, though I wasn't actually running anything on that VPS at the time.

Thanked by 2joshb AlexanderM
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    @ramnet

Thanks for the recommendation!

• thats not a recomendation

• WSSWSS Member

@JoeMerit said:
    thats not a recomendation

Why not?

They're in ATL, prices are sometimes decent (TinyKVM is a hell of a lot more affordable than their circa-2004 website, but I'm sure you can do a custom deal), and I've got not complaints from using them.

• WSS said: Why not?

Sorry, read the thread a little too quickly, thought you were summoning him to do another shithost refugee offer :)

• NodePingNodePing Member
    edited January 2018

My box in NJ just went dark. That was quicker than I expected. Still looking for a replacement if anyone wants to make a recommendation or offer. Doesn't have to be NJ.

• WHTWHT Member

@NodePing said:
    My box in NJ just went dark. That was quicker than I expected. Still looking for a replacement if anyone wants to make a recommendation or offer. Doesn't have to be NJ.

Go with hostus and sleep well.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited January 2018

@NodePing said:

If Chicago works, I can recommend Servercheap. I have an OpenVZ and a KVM there and am happy with both. (Actually using the KVM, not just idling and monitoring.)

In NYC, SSDNodes also looks good. (I am actually using Panix in NYC, and I recommend them highly, but pricing and bandwidth may not meet your needs.)

Feel free to check out my Nodeping dashboard for uptime on those.

• WSSWSS Member

@DavidGestionDBI also has a NJ node..

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • I've never heard about NodeBlade before.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @erkin said:
    I've never heard about NodeBlade before.

Thanks for playing, then. You won't go away empty-handed: we're sending you away with the LET home game!

• WSSWSS Member

@szarka said:

@erkin said:
    I've never heard about NodeBlade before.

Thanks for playing, then. You won't go away empty-handed: we're sending you away with the LET home game!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@NodeBlade very sad to hear this. Is there anything we can do to help you? Whats the full story? Feel free to pm.

• WSSWSS Member

@MikePT said:
    @NodeBlame very sad to hear this.

lollin at that typo

Thanked by 1MikePT

@WSS said:

@MikePT said:
    @NodeBlame very sad to hear this.

lollin at that typo

It was actually hilarious!!!

On a serious note, NodeBlame were one of the first design clients from LET, I would like to know if there is anything we can do for them and get the company running properly. Would appreciate if they can contact me. Granted if we are only talking about money there is not much we can do, but we definitely can see what is going on. This is a pretty stable company I thought would last.

• WSSWSS Member

Node one.. node one.. is to blame.

@WSS said:

Node one.. node one.. is to blame.

Reported. Band him!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I tried talking to @nodeblade via email about potentially taking over the client. Got a reply though after 2 more emails back and forth I haven't heard anything back since friday.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Awmusic12635 said:
    I tried talking to @nodeblade via email about potentially taking over the client. Got a reply though after 2 more emails back and forth I haven't heard anything back since friday.

Hopefully you guys can arrange something.

• WSSWSS Member

ModeBlame where are you!?

• WHT said: Go with hostus and sleep well.

I've tried them several times. Saw too much packet loss in GA and DC and they block SMTP in SG.

szarka said: Servercheap

Good service but I already have too many boxes there.

szarka said: SSDNodes

I had issues with network uptime in TX but I haven't tried their NY location. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

I had issues with network uptime in TX but I haven't tried their NJ location. Maybe I'll try that too.

• I think they did not got much clients, it is better to move from the provider as fast as possible.