Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Xeon Dedicated Server Request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual Xeon Dedicated Server Request

nanohitsnanohits Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Hi all,

I am after a Dual Xeon with 48 to 64GB of RAM, a min of 500 GB SSD, failing which can settle for 2TB SATA. But SSD preferred. I am also after a min of 13 to 16 IP's (bought additionally). Min 1Gbit speed with min 10 to 20TB transfer.

My Budget will be around $90 to $100.

P.S: I have access to SSD's so if preferable happy to swap out the SSD for higher storage if its flexible.

Thank you.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

a min of 500 GB SSD failing

like this posting

• Seems reasonable. Although I would always go with raid 1 even at a loss of storage space.

• nanohitsnanohits Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

a min of 500 GB SSD failing

like this posting

Someone has problems understanding ;) Thanks but I fixed it by adding a comma :)

• WSSWSS Member

Thanks for giving me your seventh comment, with over 20% being in this thread already. I can hardly wait for more of your amazing abilities and intellect!

edited January 2018

Oh God, do you troll everyone you see on here. I have seen your posts with a lot of snide and insulting remarks. If you are going to post something, post something meaningful instead of insults.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

By having such an illustrious career of several posts, and yet the ability to surmise virtually anything happening in the world, why do you need to stoop down to join those of us in the mire? Good luck on your quest, King Nanohits of the Reflexive Response.

• nanohits said: post something meaningful instead of insults

I'm sure he'll meet you halfway & post meaningful insults instead.

edited January 2018

@sureiam said:
    Seems reasonable. Although I would always go with raid 1 even at a loss of storage space.

Thanks for that, will have to consider Raid 1.

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited January 2018

@nanohits said:

@sureiam said:
    Seems reasonable. Although I would always go with raid 1 even at a loss of storage space.

Thanks for that, will have to consider Raid 1.

Additionally although unlikely to find for a reasonable price Raid 10 4x 500gb HD would be better in my opinion than Raid 1 2x 1tb HD. The speed advantage of RAID 10 is very strong. Also you need to clarify what kind of XEON you have in mind, as in generation or model. That'll make it easier to receive and compare quotes.

• Delimiter has a dual xeon L5640/48GB/2x2TB disk with 20TB bw and a /28 for 97 usd right now, so OP's request is at least reasonable.

• @teamacc said:
    Delimiter has a dual xeon L5640/48GB/2x2TB disk with 20TB bw and a /28 for 97 usd right now, so OP's request is at least reasonable.

Oh thanks. I will check that out.

• @nanohits said:

@teamacc said:
    Delimiter has a dual xeon L5640/48GB/2x2TB disk with 20TB bw and a /28 for 97 usd right now, so OP's request is at least reasonable.

Oh thanks. I will check that out.

I did not say I recommended them. Support at delimiter seems to be AFK most of the days.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited January 2018

https://ssdblaze.com/servers/

only 1 tb satas.

nvm

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

The top highlighted one is bout $4-5/mo over your budget but has H/W RAID and ATS power;

https://incero.com/autoservers

Mouse over price for prepay options which better fit your budget, like that dual xeon for $103/mo is;

• @nanohits

Regional preferences? (us of a, europe, west coast, ...)