Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS that requires hours to calculate the cost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS that requires hours to calculate the cost

Do not limit the area, as long as it is true. I hope you will introduce it to you. You can open the 25 port protocol! Thank you It's as good as Linode! ~ ~

Comments

• Well, I assume you want a VPS with...

• Hourly Billing
    • Port 25 Open
    • Something similar to Linode
    Thanked by 1qq2256266
  • LeeLee Veteran

sanvit said: Well, I assume you want a VPS with

I thought it was intended to be an offer by a failed bot.

Thanked by 1qq2256266
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You want AWS. As anyone who’s used their pricing calculator can tell you, it takes hours to calculate the cost.

If rhat’s too fast, with Azure it can take weeks.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That for 'mailing' ?

I guess spam is not as profitable anymore so cost optimisation becomes important.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

Calculation is good my man!

edit: hourly billing is available from Lunanode, Digital Ocean, Prometeus, vultr, @vmhaus, @cloudcone, @ikoula ... all recommended, savvy providers who will no doubt quickly boot any spammer should they end up abusing an open port 25.

Thanked by 2qq2256266 Cloudcone
  • HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018

@raindog308 said:
    You want AWS. As anyone who’s used their pricing calculator can tell you, it takes hours to calculate the cost.

If rhat’s too fast, with Azure it can take weeks.

Please don't make fun of Google Translate. It's doing its best to translate sushi words into english!

sanvit said: Well, I assume you want a VPS with...

He also wants:

• the disk space doesn't matter, as long as it's enough.

Trying to guess what google translated is fun.

• @Harzem said: [...]

My favorite so far was figuring out the mapping from "without foundation" to "no support"

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018

@uptime said:

@Harzem said: [...]

My favorite so far was figuring out the mapping from "without foundation" to "no support"

#HolyShit

I just tried writing some turkish in google translate and tried to see how bad it would translate. Turns out google translates turkish better than I do. Check this out:

I write this in Turkish, I will translate it to google. See if you can understand. I need VPS servers to be able to connect from different IP addresses to take advantage of shoe discounts. Port 25 does not have to be open but the ping should be low and traffic should be sufficient. Hourly charge is required, I will ignore the server after a few hours of use. Support is not important, but you need to be able to get paid with crypto money. Please help me.

Original:

Bunu Türkçe yazıyorum, google'a çevirteceğim. Bakalım anlayabilecek misiniz. Ayakkabı indirimlerinden faydalanmak için farklı IP adreslerinden bağlanabilecek VPS sunuculara ihtiyacım var. Port 25 açık olmak zorunda değil ama ping düşük olmalı ve trafik yeterli olmalı. Saatlik ücretlendirme gerekiyor, birkaç saat kullandıktan sonra sunucuyu yok sayacağım. Destek önemli değil ama kripto para ile ödeme alabilmesi gerekiyor. Lütfen yardım edin.

Thanked by 2uptime brueggus
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I suppose it's about how much data google has on particular language and the 'features' of particular language that make it easier or harder to write an algorithm for that.

• @Harzem [...]

Lütfen yardım edin.

Hmmm ... Here's my test:

Cam yiyebilirim, bana birsey yapmaz.

I can eat glass, he will not do anything to me.

I am disappoint ...!

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018

@uptime where did you find or how did you come up with the phrase "Cam yiyebilirim, bana birsey yapmaz."? Any backstory I'm missing?

Edit: okay I get it, something something internet meme: http://www.oocities.org/nodotus/hbglass.html

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Not everybody understands kebab, so please guys.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

@Harzem - yup, a translingual meme to reckon with ...

here is maybe a more up-to-date link: https://everything2.com/title/How+to+say+%2522I+can+eat+glass%252C+it+does+not+hurt+me%2522

Personal backstory: something something my Hungarian brother-in-law

By the way, Google translates @cociu to Romanian and then back again pretty well:

this can not be called a client, we do what we can play at this moment. If this is not appreciated, also hard to understand that I had a few seconds to compose the email, is his problem. I do not kiss on the bottom of my clients.

(I thought this would surely break the internet, but actually makes almost just a bit more sense than the original. If a bit dryer to read ...)

Have we sufficiently derailed this thread yet?

ps: Pot minca sticla. Nu ma doare.

• Maybe Baidu translate isn’t as good as Google’s.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2018

I can do that for USD 35.00 per month (3 year prepayment), but you have to bring your own devices and please no cameras involved. I would furthermore not buy that record, the hovercraft is full of eels.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

@Amitz:

the hovercraft is full of eels.

Google:

氣墊船充滿了鰻魚。

Baidu:

气垫舟中满矣鳗鱼。

Translation is good my man!

(Edit: ah ... enlightment. It is actually full of Pythons!)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • The fish slapping has to stop! Finland! Finland! Finland! That's the country to be!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Why Finland? I'd rather be in Norway.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2018

Nor way! Tu es bella comme le papaya, Papagena!

• network is fast my man

Thanked by 1jammy
  • No mention of Google Cloud?

Not as complicated as AWS, though it'll still take a few hours to calculate your costs!