Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Discovery offer now available for the first U.S. OVH data center!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Discovery offer now available for the first U.S. OVH data center!

RIYADRIYAD Member, Provider
edited January 17 in General

just got an email from OVH .

Great news! Our first U.S. data center is now available with an exclusive introductory offer!

We are excited to announce the availability of the new Vint Hill, Virginia data center on the U.S. East Coast! As an existing OVH customer, we are pleased to invite you to participate in an exclusive Discovery offer and be among our first testers.

Simply visit ovh.us, and choose from the two options that best fits your needs. You will be prompted to set-up a new OVH US account to complete your purchase. You’ll be up and running in no time!

Select from two introductory offers, starting as low as $99/month* Order now

*excluding applicable taxes

To sign-up for services in the U.S., you need to create an OVH US account at ovh.us that will be separate from your current OVH account. Please note that the website where you used to manage your OVH account has been relocated to https://ovh.com/world.

https://ovh.us/

Discovery Offer US - East
2x2TB HDD (SoftRAID)
Intel Xeon E3-1270 v6 – 4c/8ct – 3.8Ghz
32GB RAM
Unlimited traffic with 250Mbps bandwidth
Anti-DDoS protection included
$99 / month

Discovery Offer US - East
2x450GB NVMe (SoftRAID)
Intel Xeon E3-1270 v6 – 4c/8ct – 3.8Ghz
32GB RAM
Unlimited traffic with 250Mbps bandwidth
Anti-DDoS protection included
$115 / month

Can purchase up to 256Failover IP Per Server for $10 each.

Edited : Added few information

DeployNode - 1GB Ram , 20GB Storage , 1xCPU , 1TB BW ,Price :$1/month !
Host4Fun KVM VPS in : SG,LA,UK,NL,PHX,ASH,ATL,NY,NC,DAL,MIA,CHI,OR,RS,DE,FR,PL,CA (21+ Locations!).

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Return to sender.

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• WHTWHT Member

$99 to much for US.

• vishvish Member

Do not want

• sinsin Member
    edited January 17

Ugh, I was hoping it would be for VPSes...that email got me all excited =/.

• MasonRMasonR Moderator
    edited January 17

https://ovh.us/order/dedicated/

Current offers to save you a click:

E3-1270v6
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    2x2TB SATA (w/ Soft-RAID)
    250 Mbps guaranteed B/W
    $99/mo

E3-1270v6
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    2x450 GB NVMe
    250 Mbps guaranteed B/W
    $115/mo

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Provider

I was expected low price :(

Host4Fun KVM VPS in : SG,LA,UK,NL,PHX,ASH,ATL,NY,NC,DAL,MIA,CHI,OR,RS,DE,FR,PL,CA (21+ Locations!).

• E3-1270v6 32GB DDR4 RAM 2x450 GB NVMe 250 Mbps garunteed B/W $115/mo

$115 for this specification is too much. Have seen the similar offer on wht with $100 or so. How about they ip-failover policy? is it same is soyoustart and ovh?

Setup fees also increased .

• WSSWSS Member

lolol good luck, OVH- you're only so popular because of your cheap and semi-cheap shit; that need not apply in Beverly Hills, VA.

Thanked by 2Pwner inthecloudblog
  • Great! We charge you more to be a beta tester! What a bargain!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@jaypeesmith said: Great! We charge you more to be a beta tester! What a bargain!

You’re assuming they will decrease the prices after ‘beta’. I wouldn’t be so sure.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• @Clouvider said:

@jaypeesmith said: Great! We charge you more to be a beta tester! What a bargain!

You’re assuming they will decrease the prices after ‘beta’. I wouldn’t be so sure.

Actually, I was being facetious. If this is the "introductory" offer, I wouldn't be surprised if the price went up.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • imokimok Member

Wow

Expensive

Is OVH scam?

Janitor @ Netflix

• WSSWSS Member

@imok said: Wow

Expensive

Is OVH scam?

TotalSCAM.US.

• That price lol. Good luck OVH.

@crpatel can you tell me the company who is providing USA NVMe server around $100 in WHT .

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Hah

grape

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 17

MORE LIKE NOVH.US AHAHA

I'll log myself out and delete my saved password.

HarzemDesign and FraudRecord I have these. I have some new pre-made designs. Contact me if you are interested, they are half price.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • deankdeank Member

The end is nigh (for OVH).

Morningwoodhosting. Somebody get it now.

• WSSWSS Member

@Harzem said:

MORE LIKE NOVH.US AHAHA

I'll log myself out and delete my saved password.

Don't forget to clear your cache.

Thanked by 2caracal raindog308
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited January 17

no thanks.

It would be sweet for game servers though.

ExtraVM DDoS Protected VPS

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@MikeA said: no thanks.

Yeah the IP price is killer. I wonder if they're having a hard time sourcing subnets in the ARIN region?

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said: no thanks.

Yeah the IP price is killer. I wonder if they're having a hard time sourcing subnets in the ARIN region?

Francisco

oh lol, I didn't even notice that they want $10 per IP.

• WSS said: Don't forget to clear your cache.

You sound exactly like my therapist. Something about letting things go being healthy or whatever... I don't get it.

HarzemDesign and FraudRecord I have these. I have some new pre-made designs. Contact me if you are interested, they are half price.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider

Rather go for something like ReliableSite, got an E3 1271v3, 32 GB RAM, 2x 240 GB SSD there for 49$ /month.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • rm_rm_ Member

MikeA said: oh lol, I didn't even notice that they want $10 per IP.

Remember as with other OVH locations that's a one time fee, and you keep the IP for as long as you want. Still a bad deal?

Don't worry 144 ms is fine for Heavy monsoon

Thanked by 2Xei doughmanes
  • @MikeA said: oh lol, I didn't even notice that they want $10 per IP.

Wait. Is that per month?

Are You a LET Hoarder? | Currently Enjoying: NodePing Server Monitoring | Good LEB Value: Servercheap

• LOL That answers my question.

Are You a LET Hoarder? | Currently Enjoying: NodePing Server Monitoring | Good LEB Value: Servercheap

edited January 17

@rm_ said:

MikeA said: oh lol, I didn't even notice that they want $10 per IP.

Remember as with other OVH locations that's a one time fee, and you keep the IP for as long as you want. Still a bad deal?

Yeah, of course, I would still still do it if I really needed them, but I doubt I will be using their Virginia location at all, unless RAM prices come down (not just OVH, anywhere really). BHS isn't that far and is much cheaper, and will likely have better connectivity for a long time.

• FHRFHR Member, Provider

Just to add: This is actually not offered by OVH, but by their "OVH US" subsidiary. You have to create a totally separate account and no data is shared between them. They've mainly done that to protect non-US OVH infrastructure and customers from the spying eyes of the US government (Patriot Act, DMCA, etc)

Affordable Semi-Dedicated VPS - Enjoy the performance to the fullest extent. | 40% OFF promo

Thanked by 2Xei kh81
  • @RIYAD W3Space Technologies

Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 2 X 2 TB SATA or 2*500 GB NVMe SSD 32 GB DDR4 RAM Unlimited Bandwidth 5 Usable IPs (You Can order as many as you need) 500Mbps Dedicated Port Free Software RAID, Hardware RAID cost $40 Premium anti-DDoS Protection free 15 Location 100% Uptime SLA Guarantee $100/m

However, their order page shows different configuration. WEIRD!

saw them before , but nothing matches once visit their site . Maybe some marketing strategy .

• LeeLee Member

rm_ said: Remember as with other OVH locations that's a one time fee, and you keep the IP for as long as you want. Still a bad deal?

An untrustworthy deal given their history with IP charges.

It's better to keep your mouth closed, and let everyone wonder if you're stupid; than to open it and remove all doubt.

• FHRFHR Member, Provider
    edited January 17

@Lee said: An untrustworthy deal given their history with IP charges.

What do you mean? I have multiple additional IPs and I never had to pay anything, apart from the setup fee of around 3e/each.

Affordable Semi-Dedicated VPS - Enjoy the performance to the fullest extent. | 40% OFF promo

• LeeLee Member
    edited January 17

FHR said: What do you mean? I have multiple additional IPs and I never had to pay anything, apart from the setup fee of around 3e/each.

A few years back it was the system they had, you could order a /x, single payment all good. Then they claimed that ip4 exhaustion meant everyone would simply have to start paying monthly for all their blocks. It sent the costs spiralling.

Here we are again, a few years of no monthly fee ips. Perhaps that won't change but they have done it once so no reason to think they won't do it again.

Not really an issue if you only have a handful of IP's unless you're on a shoestring budget.

It's better to keep your mouth closed, and let everyone wonder if you're stupid; than to open it and remove all doubt.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Provider

Would have been the right price for 500Mbps with 1Gbps burst. Will wait.

• RadiRadi Member, Provider

IP price is okayish. Dedies are too expensive.

VikingLayer now offers VPS resource pools. Ask me about them today. :)

Thanked by 1Xei
  • KrisKris Member

No thanks. If I wanted an expensive dedi in Virginia I would've kept the machine I had from LeaseWeb just outside Washington, DC in Manassas, VA.

Maybe at half this price, hopefully they have Kimsufi or SyS here over time. Just going to keep my machine in BHS, I actually planned on moving to this DC, but not at this price.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Kris said: No thanks. If I wanted an expensive dedi in Virginia I would've kept the machine I had from LeaseWeb just outside Washington, DC in Manassas, VA.

And yet, if we match specs between OVH and LSW WDC, you'd for same specs (actually 100mbit unmetered at LSW), pay $278.59 (2x2TB)

$99 vs $278.59

So I can indeed see prices are almost equal.

• XeiXei Member
    edited January 18

@Zerpy

Though Leaseweb at least has superior network in EU. Curious how LW VA compares to OVH VA. I have an instance with LW VA ever since they opened up has worked flawlessly all these years. Totally not saying the OVH isn't nearly a 3x better deal per your pricing, so a no brainer. These new OVH DCs aren't without their introductory hiccups though.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • For the price, I think it's too expensive.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Xei said:

@Zerpy

Though Leaseweb at least has superior network in EU.

Latency wise and throughput wise - it's not worth the 2-3x cost

I agree, their network was superior 5+ years ago, it just seems they forgot to grow it the last 5 years, so they started to lack behind even low-end competitors.

If you want to be a superior network, you have to evolve, and continue to evolve as time goes by.

You cannot evolve to X network size, and then stop evolving meanwhile competitors continue to grow - that will bite your ass eventually.

• XeiXei Member

@Zerpy said:

@Xei said:

@Zerpy

Though Leaseweb at least has superior network in EU.

Latency wise and throughput wise - it's not worth the 2-3x cost

I agree, their network was superior 5+ years ago, it just seems they forgot to grow it the last 5 years, so they started to lack behind even low-end competitors.

If you want to be a superior network, you have to evolve, and continue to evolve as time goes by.

You cannot evolve to X network size, and then stop evolving meanwhile competitors continue to grow - that will bite your ass eventually.

I agree! Vultr and DO provide better performance on their offerings on average over Leaseweb's offerings due to Leaseweb's slow SAN technology which reduces I/O greatly. In comparison DO's block storage which is also served over network is blazing. Slow I/O is biggest gripe w/ LW, otherwise it performs well with a low cost point for bandwidth/resources. Not to mention their horrendous bandwidth overages... OVH is a clear winner here with their dedicated offering in comparison. OVH's VPS offerings are antiquated at 100mbit however... both LW and OVH need to evolve IMO.

• ShazanShazan Provider

@Xei said: Slow I/O is biggest gripe w/ LW

It is always consistent though, it never goes under an acceptable minimum.

• XeiXei Member

@Shazan said:

@Xei said: Slow I/O is biggest gripe w/ LW

It is always consistent though, it never goes under an acceptable minimum.

True everything remains consistent, same can be said for Vultr in my experiences. Consistency is not the easiest thing to find.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@Lee said:

FHR said: What do you mean? I have multiple additional IPs and I never had to pay anything, apart from the setup fee of around 3e/each.

A few years back it was the system they had, you could order a /x, single payment all good. Then they claimed that ip4 exhaustion meant everyone would simply have to start paying monthly for all their blocks. It sent the costs spiralling.

Here we are again, a few years of no monthly fee ips. Perhaps that won't change but they have done it once so no reason to think they won't do it again.

Not really an issue if you only have a handful of IP's unless you're on a shoestring budget.

They also gave free IP's a couple times within that period too.

From the outside it just smells like OVH is always flying by the seat of their pants on things like IP addresses and them not being able to source another /16 for a price they can cope with is going to turn into things turn into monthly costs.

There's only so much open space on the market. Microsoft/AWS have been chomping up the majority of the massive blocks on the market so OVH is going to be stuck using brokers probably.

As @mikea said, it's not worth it for companies to do VPS on it unless you force everyone pay yearly on everything, and even then it's slim pickings.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • EasedEased Member

I'll wait patiently for the Public Cloud offering.

​All views and opinions expressed are personal opinions and do not represent those of any company. No liability can be held for any damages or hurt feelings, however caused, to any readers of this message.