Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host node locations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host node locations?

We have been using OVH canda for a while, we don't have any problems but I think we need to have other locations apart from canada, any suggestions?

Comments

• France kvm would be great. At least myself would like few of them.

• edited September 2013

@alexvolk said:
    France kvm would be great. At least myself would like few of them.

Thanks, as of now we only plan to offer Openvz but we'll add KVM too

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited September 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    Thanks, as of now we only plan to offer Openvz but we'll add KVM too

OpenVZ is not good at all, One abuser and vps will not be accessible for others. You would better have small plans rather overselling big plans. Just a personal suggestion.

• @alexvolk said:
    OpenVZ is not good at all, One abuser and vps is not accessible for others. You would better have small plans rather overselling big plans. Just a personal suggestion.

I guess you're right!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Go for South Africa

• @AlexanderM said:
    Go for South Africa

Suggestion of the year, why you did'nt go with South Africa yourself?

@alexvolk said:

I live in the UK, so ping time ain't good for me. He asked for a suggestion, i suggest South Africa as its not got alot of providers = target marget = money to be made.

@alexvolk said:

I live in the UK, so ping time ain't good for me. He asked for a suggestion, i suggest South Africa as its not got alot of providers = target marget = money to be made.

• What do you guys think of Lithuania as a KVM location?

• @ultimatehostings said:
    What do you guys think of Lithuania as a KVM location?

I don't have any vps in Lithuania, but if you'll KVM offer there that would be great :)

• @alexvolk said:
    I don't have any vps in Lithuania, but if you'll KVM offer there that would be great :)

We're discussing with various providers, let's see how it goes.

• Cheap australia ones. Netherlands ones that aren't overloaded. Ukraine. Czech Republic. Panama, isle of man

• @AlexanderM said:
    Go for South Africa

Already taken. VPS.co.za (9 year old company) had a LEB XEN offer at the beginning of the year and I'm not switching!!!! :P (no downtime in 7 months since signing up)

South Africa has extremely high bandwidth prices (bandwidth can cost up to $1 per GB) so it is even less of an option as a location for most small startup VPS providers than Brazil if you want to turn a profit.

I live in the UK, so ping time ain't good for me.

150ms-160ms ping times from my VPS in Cape Town to London, 210-220ms to NYC, 280-290ms to Los Angeles, 360-370ms to Hong Kong

• I'm somewhat not too firm on the location, I've come up with 2 choices, France and Lithuania, can someone please suggest which would be the best location? Thinking of offering KVM.

• @ultimatehostings said:
    I'm somewhat not too firm on the location, I've come up with 2 choices, France and Lithuania, can someone please suggest which would be the best location? Thinking of offering KVM.

France would be great rather than Lithuania. Myself will have at least 2-3 kvm, maybe more.

• Have decided to skip both location and went with Dallas, TX, launching KVM plans in a couple of days!

• @Jeffrey said:
    ultimatehostings with what DC?

It's the Incero Dallas facility.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Cheap australia ones. Netherlands ones that aren't overloaded. Ukraine. Czech Republic. Panama, isle of man

Netherland has RamNode and Iniz. :D

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@ultimatehostings said:
    We have been using OVH canda for a while, we don't have any problems but I think we need to have other locations apart from canada, any suggestions?

I mean it depends on your client base, were in Detroit because of convenience (local to us) and a lot of our clients are relatively close to us in the US.

• @anyNode said:
    I mean it depends on your client base, were in Detroit because of convenience (local to us) and a lot of our clients are relatively close to us in the US.

That's true however that is not the case with us, we have clients spread across different countries.

• We're almost ready to launch the new KVM packages, just wanted everyone to know about the same. Did some tests, let me know how they are;

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz Number of cores : 8 CPU frequency : 3192.887 MHz Total amount of ram : 32088 MB Total amount of swap : 32767 MB System uptime : 2 days, 9:07, Download speed from CacheFly: 110MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 42.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 108MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.66MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.16MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 29.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 34.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 36.6MB/s I/O speed : 117 MB/s

[root@dallas ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1024 1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.54095 s, 126 MB/s