Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Softlayer, what does it mean to you? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Softlayer, what does it mean to you?

2»

Comments

• @apollo15 said: and you couldn't manage to get a profit... thats sad

>

Club Uptime was very profitable. Brohoster wasn't. Their having the same Softlayer account and being tied at the hip financially is what took Club Uptime down. This isn't a discussion about that, however. If you want to discuss that, discuss it in the appropriate thread that's actually dedicated to that situation.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Spirit said: Huh? Why you're trying to convience us SO hard that there aren't softlayer hosted LEB providers?

I'm not trying to convince anybody. I'm trying to find somebody to convince me you can run a LEB provider from Softlayer. I've never seen it done before but I haven't been around forever so it could be possible but so far I've found nothing.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@KuJoe said: I've never seen it done before but I haven't been around forever so it could be possible but so far I've found nothing.

I tryed with names. Then I tryed with direct URLs + pricing. And now I am wondering... is it my english? :( Should I try with screenshots? Would it help you if I post RESIZED screenshot of NQhost or/and fusevps vps offer hosted at softlayer under 7$?

• He's talking about providers that focus on the LEB market, not just providers that also have LE pricing.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Well, FuseVPS is closing.

Due to complications with our dedicated server provider, Softlayer, we are unable to continue with FuseVps.

You may have noticed other OpenVZ providers discontinue their service at Softlayer over the last 12 months. While we cannot say this with certainty, we would not be surprised if they found the same difficulties we have.

SoftLayer even refused to put a server back online so that users could take back their data.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited February 2012

@pankkake said: SoftLayer even refused to put a server back online so that users could take back their data.

What's wrong with that? Softlayer has no obligation to VPS users, people SHOULD have their data backed up. If the owner of the node didn't pay Softlayer, then why should they put the server back on even for an hour?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Aren't FUSEVPS the ones that suddenly started doing $15/y - $24/y plans in the past < 6 months?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Softlayer isn't doing nothing but their business...