Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

secondry IP in dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

secondry IP in dedicated server

can i integrate 2 IP in a dedicated server at a time.
Is this work at a same server at same time?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

No. It's only possible to put one IP per machine.

• @WSS said:

Then explain how can providers offer you extra IPs to vps/dedis?

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

Then explain how can providers offer you extra IPs to vps/dedis?

Smoke and mirrors.

• IAlwaysBeCoding said: Then explain how can providers offer you extra IPs to vps/dedis?

because of this i am interested to experiment on this.If they offer then it may be possible.

• @RDPPROVIDERS said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Then explain how can providers offer you extra IPs to vps/dedis?

because of this i am interested to experiment on this.If they offer then it may be possible.

So with one of my best providers, OneProvider, they call them failover ip. And it was easy to setup on their paris servers. I have no idea why @WSS says is not possible when it's really possible. I've done it before.

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@RDPPROVIDERS said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Then explain how can providers offer you extra IPs to vps/dedis?

So with one of my best providers, OneProvider, they call them failover ip. And it was easy to setup on their paris servers. I have no idea why @WSS says is not possible when it's really possible. I've done it before.

Because it isn't possible.

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • IAlwaysBeCoding said: I have no idea why @WSS says is not possible when it's really possible. I've done it before.

because he is @WSS, he's messing with ya!

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

To just add one in linux you can use 'ip address add [ip]/[mask] dev [interface]' and it should work.

You'd need to add to /etc/network/interfaces for it to stay after a reboot. (Debian/Ubunutu, others may be different)