Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hudson Valley Host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hudson Valley Host

I used HVH's VPS servers for a month and was terminated. The termination was amicable - they did not like what I was doing for potential 'intel exploit' (I have no idea that was) and high CPU usage.They gave me a full refund and I respected their discretion.
I tried a couple of other provider during the time. HVH's servers and network were the most stable. I had consistent performance. Their low-end CPU was E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz, which was the fastest in the same price range. The servers were not high-density and my usage could hit 100%. In comparison, another provider gave me L5520 CPU which is 10x slower and their servers could not stay online for long.
I think HVH is good for hosting websites and and web apps. The rep I talked to was Mike, who was a reasonable guy.

Comments

• Mike is a great name.

• WSSWSS Member

I find it quite interesting that you found someone who throttle scores more than hvh. I didn't know it was possible to throttle you down more than 800 megahertz on a single core (by default).

• Great cores, until you had to use them?

I find it quite interesting that you found someone who throttle scores more than hvh. I didn't know it was possible to throttle you down more than 800 megahertz on a single core (by default).

Phenom II processors can be kicked down to ~700MHz.

• WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:
    Great cores, until you had to use them?

"Worked, but a little slow for 4 cores", and then I kicked them and they stayed at 800Mhz. Then Nick and company had to come out and spend 20 minutes defending it, and eventually putting it on Solus, when everyone around said "Not really.."

Long story short, don't use CC for VPS, they're sketchy at best.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:

@Aidan said:
    Great cores, until you had to use them?

"Worked, but a little slow for 4 cores", and then I kicked them and they stayed at 800Mhz. Then Nick and company had to come out and spend 20 minutes defending it, and eventually putting it on Solus, when everyone around said "Not really.."

Long story short, don't use CC for VPS, they're sketchy at best.

Well, lowendbox.com runs good.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@quick said:
    Well, lowendbox.com runs good.

It has IPv6 addresses and is also shunted through CloudFart, with Google MX. Jawsome sauce. It's not your standard HVH setup, as you know.

Thanked by 1quick
  • Hmm, I have never heard of them terminating without cause. You sure you aren't posting this to make good with them before they decide to do more than just terminate your service?