Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shockbyte | Unmetered SSD VPS | DDoS Protected | Starting from $2/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shockbyte | Unmetered SSD VPS | DDoS Protected | Starting from $2/Month

(Our domain name is currently privately registered, so we have provided proof of our business registration here.)

Shockbyte was established in March 2013 as a hosting provider for game servers. We quickly grew, and have subsequently expanded into webhosting, VPS and dedicated servers. We are committed to providing the highest quality service as possible, from our hardware, to our support team.

Reviews from our game hosting services: http://bit.ly/1afcGYh

Our nodes run on enterprise-grade hardware, with Intel Xeon multicore processors and Samsung SSD drives. Our VPS nodes are located in the state-of-the-art VegasNAP datacenter in Las Vegas, Nevada.

All of our VPS plans include:

• 5 Day Money Back Guarantee - No questions asked

• Hardware RAID1

• OpenVZ Virtualisation

• Full root access

• Free & Instant Setup via ssh

• TUN/TAP/PPP enabled

• FREE DDoS protection

Basic Plan: $2/Month

-128 MB RAM/256 MB Burst -1 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlimited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

Personal Plan: $4/Month

-256 MB RAM/256 MB Burst -2 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlmited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

Professional Plan (Best Value!): $6/Month with promotional code 'lowendtalk2013'

-512 MB Ram/512 MB Burst -4 GB SSD -1 IPv4 Address -Unlmited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

Order here.

We also offer custom plans. Contact us for more information.

Comments

• Members must have 5 posts ... to be allowed to post in this forum

• Will you do Basic Plan $6/Month with 10GB SSD?

• 9 vps now , may be one more

• Shockbyte_JShockbyte_J Member
    edited September 2013

@sundaymouse said:
    Will you do Basic Plan $6/Month with 10GB SSD?

Yes, we can offer that. Submit a support ticket or hop onto our live help.

• Unlimited Bandwidth -1 Gbps Port

300 TB/month? ) what is the actual bandwith can be used?

• We do not expressible limit the bandwidth consumed by services, however actual usage is limited by other services running on the same node.

• I thought Australian company would offer vps in Australia ?
    Quite strange for me.

• We offer our services based in the US due to its central location, and a large proportion of internet infrastructure is located there. As well, any service located in Australia has a much higher latency to the rest of the world than the US does.

• In response to inquiries about TOR nodes, we do allow TOR relay nodes (not exit), as long as they abide within our TOS.

• have a speedtest or download link to test speeds?

ip to test?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Please be aware those guys are selling "unlimited" 500 gigabytes:

• @Nyr
    Our unmetered vps services are not limited in bandwidth by us. However, they are limited by our port speed, and other services on the node. 500 GB was given as a 'normal' amount.

• @doughnet said:
    have a speedtest or download link to test speeds?

ip to test?

We will be setting those up shortly.

edited September 2013

@Shockbyte_J said:
    Nyr
    Our unmetered vps services are not limited in bandwidth by us. However, they are limited by our port speed, and other services on the node. 500 GB was given as a 'normal' amount.

I understand, that's different then.

If you got unmetered gigabit that's 657 terabytes per month.

Then, would be ok for a customer to use 20 terabytes per month? (10 TB up/10 TB down, constant bandwidth, no spikes)

• @Nyr said:
    If you got unmetered gigabit that's 657 terabytes per month.

I think it's arround 300 Tb per month :)

@Inglar I assume they got a full duplex connection ;)

• so, what is the port limit? unmetered 100mbps/month?

• InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2013

@Nyr said:
    Inglar I assume they got a full duplex connection ;)

Ah ok, then I really shocked )

• Who is handling the filtering?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2013

Sounds dodgy to me.

What's this DDOS protection? will you null route me if I had a 10gig attack? (edit) I didn't see anything in the TOS about null route or DDOS attacks, so it'll be safe to say I could have a 50gig/s attack and not be suspended.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anybody bought? Reviews?

• @Nyr that usage would be perfectly acceptable, assuming it was not copyrighted materials.

• Can you go into detail about your DDoS protection? How large of an attack can you withstand and so on.

• We employ DDoS protection in two stages. First, all traffic into our servers passes through a Cisco® Guard XT 5650 DDos Mitigation appliance (Level 1 Protection). As well, on our individual servers, we have configured extensive firewall rules to filter out higher-level attacks, such as http, syn, and icmp floods. Services may be null-routed if it is flooded with over 10gbps for a sustained amount of time (3 hours.

• you have any test ip for ddos attack?

• @amigo said:
    you have any test ip for ddos attack?

DDoS without express permission is illegal. We do not solicit DDoS attacks, neither do we allow our customers to.

• Bought my VPS today and I must say that it is great! The support was very helpful and very polite. They gave me some days for free because my VPS wasn't set up immediately and because I've reported an error. Network speed is also quite good.

wget -O /dev/null  http://mirror.leaseweb.com/speedtest/100mb.bin
    --2013-09-23 18:27:41--  http://mirror.leaseweb.com/speedtest/100mb.bin
    Resolving mirror.leaseweb.com (mirror.leaseweb.com)... 94.75.223.121, 2001:1af8:4030:1:0:dead:beef:cafe
    Connecting to mirror.leaseweb.com (mirror.leaseweb.com)|94.75.223.121|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[======================================>] 100,000,000 9.64M/s   in 11s

2013-09-23 18:27:53 (8.31 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [100000000/100000000] 
    wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2013-09-23 17:44:55--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 17.3M/s   in 5.5s

2013-09-23 17:45:01 (18.1 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

The I/O speed is about 280MB/s, which is more than enough for me. I can only recommend them.

• Thank you very much @typh0n for reviewing us here!

We now have test files: 10 MB Test and 100 MB Test

• Prices have been updated to $3/Month for our basic plan, and $5 for our 'personal' plan.

We have posted a new thread with updated prices and information here.

This discussion has been closed.