Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help: IO policy setting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help: IO policy setting?

Hi,
I am new to VPS hosting. I was playing with Virtualizor and wanted to know what is the best to prevent from Hard drive abuse and also not giving a crap performance to the user? Could you please share your experience on these settings? What number should I set for SSD RAID1 and Spinning RAID1 HDD?

Disk Caching: on Writeback?
I/O Policy: On default. Native and Threads are available as well
and value for these?
Total I/O's per sec
Read Mega Byte's/s
Write Mega Byte's/s

I did search on these values but unfortunately I could not find much help.

Comments

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2Aidan coreflux
  • @cubedata Is it related to IO policy?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

I believe what @cubedata was trying to say is that Winter is a hard time of year to setup IO Policy. Summer is generally when you will have an easier time setting those up properly.

Thanked by 3Aidan vovler Yakooza
  • I know we all like to poke fun at new/unknowledgeable hosts for asking seemingly (?) trivial questions.. asking to be spoon fed. But the OP here stated that he made reasonable attempts to Google and is humbly here asking for help..

Let’s troll first - answer his question after?

(This is in no way related to my personal want to be spoonfed secrets about IO limits)

Thanked by 1Yakooza
  • WSSWSS Member

@caracal said:
    I know we all like to poke fun at new/unknowledgeable hosts for asking seemingly (?) trivial questions.. asking to be spoon fed. But the OP here stated that he made reasonable attempts to Google and is humbly here asking for help..

Let’s troll first - answer his question after?

How do I tune a database for the best thoroughput?

How do I diversify my portfolio to have the best return while still keeping fairly conservative holdings?

Does it taste great, or is it less filling?

There is no answer other than to play with things and learn what works for your specific circumstance.

If you want a quick cut-n-paste response, there are plenty of halfassed MySQL tutorials around there that claim to be the do-all, be-all.

Without knowing the disk subsystem, how it's laid out, what the controller is, etc- all we can do is speculate and shrug. With that information, we can do just as much research as the OP hasn't.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

@WSS said: How do I tune a database for the best thoroughput?

How do I diversify my portfolio to have the best return while still keeping fairly conservative holdings?

There is no answer other than to play with things and learn what works for your specific circumstance.

If you want a quick cut-n-paste response, there are plenty of halfassed MySQL tutorials around there that claim to be the do-all, be-all.

Without knowing the disk subsystem, how it's laid out, what the controller is, etc- all we can do is speculate and shrug. With that information, we can do just as much research as the OP hasn't.

Invalid. Please phrase your answer in the form of positive integer (in terms of Mega Bytes).

• @RadWebHosting said:

@WSS said: How do I tune a database for the best thoroughput?

Invalid. Please phrase your answer in the form of positive integer (in terms of Mega Bytes).

Nice, nearly 3 years later.

• @RadWebHosting Nearly a 3 year necro. Lovely.