Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus - Los Angeles Launch, Alipay, BGP, hourly billed. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus - Los Angeles Launch, Alipay, BGP, hourly billed.

13»

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@brueggus said:
    While reading this thread... I guess you're gonna have a lot of fun during the next few weeks, @vmhaus... Good luck!

Hello,

We've had a lot of fun setting it up, hope everyone has fun using it!

• Glad to see you guys are expanding! Very tempted to move to LA; however, the UK location has been treating me very well thus far.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • XeiXei Member

Anyone have benchmarks for this new location?

• @Xei said:

Yep!

https://serverscope.io/trials/e5v3

• KousakaKousaka Member
    edited January 2018

@arjunnadar said:
    dear vmhaus,I don't know how to check traffic used

Yeah you don’t have a resouce usage table or graph. And your “Graphs” in Bonsai panel is not working at all!

Besides, I wonder how much traffic can your DDOS protection deal with in London.

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    edited January 2018

@Kousaka said:

@arjunnadar said:

Yeah you don’t have a resouce usage table or graph. And your “Graphs” in Bonsai panel is not working at all!

Besides, I wonder how much traffic can your DDOS protection deal with in London.

" Clouviders protection we cannot disclose too much but it will handle most Attacks. "

^ Their response in PM when I asked not too long ago. ( London, UK location )

• XeiXei Member

Anyone have benchmarks for this new location?> @PeachBlossom said:

@Xei said:

Yep!

Nice performance! I was curious if you have the results of the FreeVPS bench script also? It tests various locations East Coast US, EU and Japan. :P

• @Xei said:
    Anyone have benchmarks for this new location?> @PeachBlossom said:

@Xei said:

Yep!

Nice performance! I was curious if you have the results of the FreeVPS bench script also? It tests various locations East Coast US, EU and Japan. :P

No, sorry. XD

• arjunnadararjunnadar Member
    edited January 2018

@Kousaka said:

@arjunnadar said:

Yes,I can't see now,hope can see soon,and my node is in LA,I also don't know how to see the traffic ddoss protection deal with......(⊙o⊙)

• Do you offer change the vps instance's location?

In the evening(asian), the delay in the London network is already close to 400ms :( But I have to admit that the network is not lost packets,it is good.

• MozillaMozilla Member
    edited January 2018

Ooo it's finally here!

Thanked by 1vmhaus

@wowapollo said:
    Do you offer change the vps instance's location?

In the evening(asian), the delay in the London network is already close to 400ms :( But I have to admit that the network is not lost packets,it is good.

Hello,

We can change the location but your data will be lost and your will gain a new IP. Can you open a ticket and let me know what ISP you are using with some traceroutes. I was working on China Unicom routing last night.

Thanked by 1wowapollo
  • vmhaus said: I was working on China Unicom routing last night.

But the trace route from China Unicom to your host seems no difference with other QuadraNet LA based host provider.

@cccat said:

vmhaus said: I was working on China Unicom routing last night.

But the trace route from China Unicom to your host seems no difference with other QuadraNet LA based host provider.

Hello,

I was referencing our London location. I will be investigating our LA routing shortly.

• @vmhaus said:

@wowapollo said:

Hello,

We can change the location but your data will be lost and your will gain a new IP. Can you open a ticket and let me know what ISP you are using with some traceroutes. I was working on China Unicom routing last night.

Thanks for your reply.
    Tonight the network is normal (I feel),delay is about 300ms,my ISP is CHINA TELECOM.
    If I have any issues, I will open a new ticket. Thanks again :)

• By the way, I forgot to tell you, the LA Looking Glass's url on your website is wrong.
    https://lg.lax1.vmhaus.com/ => https://lg.lax.vmhaus.com/ :P

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • arjunnadararjunnadar Member
    edited January 2018

@wowapollo said:

@vmhaus said:

@wowapollo said:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
    Tonight the network is normal (I feel),delay is about 300ms,my ISP is CHINA TELECOM.

Hello,dear wowapollo,I also use china telecom but 4G via sim,mine is in LA node,you still want to change to LA when packet loss is normal?But in fact,I ma considering some days if I need to migrate to London node(≧∇≦)ノit's funny

Hello,

I've fixed London routing for China Telecom. Users are reporting good latency. I will work on LA in the upcoming days

• @vmhaus said:
    Hello,

I've fixed London routing for China Telecom. Users are reporting good latency. I will work on LA in the upcoming days

take care,dear vmhaus,and about our service policy,I want to ask you privately

• @arjunnadar said:

@wowapollo said:

@vmhaus said:

@wowapollo said:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Hello,dear wowapollo,I also use china telecom but 4G via sim,mine is in LA node,you still want to change to LA when packet loss is normal?But in fact,I ma considering some days if I need to migrate to London node(≧∇≦)ノit's funny

I will stay at the London node for a few weeks to observe the network situation.

• @wowapollo said:

@arjunnadar said:

@wowapollo said:

@vmhaus said:

@wowapollo said:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I will stay at the London node for a few weeks to observe the network situation.

Yes,I consider same and also stay,hope all is well

• Hi @vmhaus

Will you be adding service status for LA in the future?

@PeachBlossom said:
    Hi @vmhaus

We will be shortly. We are trying to create a system ourselves that should support this

Thanked by 1PeachBlossom
  • @vmhaus said:

@PeachBlossom said:
    Hi @vmhaus

We will be shortly. We are trying to create a system ourselves that should support this

dear vmhaus,you have had LA node,do you mean will increase machines for LA node?

• good service~

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • overclockoverclock Member
    edited January 2018

• Good CPU performance but the disk IO is most likely similar to regular SSD

I/O speed(1st run)   : 551 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 494 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 619 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 554.667 MB/s

With magic of NVMEEEEEEEEE and RAID10 it may be expected up to 1GB/s IO performance

• lionlion Member
    edited January 2018

@cccat said:
    Good CPU performance but the disk IO is most likely similar to regular SSD

Hmm i'm getting about 900MB/s

Anyway, any plans on supporting ISOS so we could do custom installations?

@lion said:

@cccat said:
    Good CPU performance but the disk IO is most likely similar to regular SSD

Hmm i'm getting about 900MB/s

Anyway, any plans on supporting ISOS so we could do custom installations?

Open a ticket and we can mount ISOs ;)