Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First experience with SoYouStart/ovh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

First experience with SoYouStart/ovh

Hi,
I just buy a server from kimsufi yesterday.While configuring server, i realize i need more ip.so i contact them. they told me they don't offer IP more then 1.if i need more if,try SYS or OVH. Then they will transfer my remaining time credit to SYS account. then i just order a E5v2 server from SYS. After i order, i wait for hours. i saw that after my order, the package E5v2 is out of stock. Then after 5-6 hours, i called them over phone. they said its not office time,once office start at 9am, they will validate my order. i ask her that i just placed order of E5v2 server,but right now its showing out of stock in website. will i get the server? he replied: yes, you will get the server once your bill will validate no matter if website show out of stock. then i wait till 11 am US time. Then i mail them, no reply. so call again. Then he said my order is placed but server is out of stock. so i have to wait (no ETA) or refund me if i want.
Now i am fully stuck. Because i already paid for 3month on kimsufi. they wont refund me or credit me on SYS until i get a server. Now i doubt that its a trick or what?
I am fully busted. My officers going to kill me, Because i am already late :(

Comments

• My guess is their billing department doesn't work on weekends. Furthermore, the deployment times displayed on the website are not guaranteed.

This is no trick, but a result of their business model. They cannot afford hand-holding and 24/7 staff in accounting for Kimsufi or SYS prices. It sucks, but you're probably gonna have to wait for a couple of days.

I suggest you check the specs, ToS, SLA, ... beforehand next time.

• @Jari said:
    My guess is their billing department doesn't work on weekends. Furthermore, the deployment times displayed on the website are not guaranteed.

This is no trick, but a result of their business model. They cannot afford hand-holding and 24/7 staff in accounting for Kimsufi or SYS prices. It sucks, but you're probably gonna have to wait for a couple of days.

On 1st Call They said, server is booked for me, once billing department validate the order, it will be ready within 120 seconds.
    Then now i call them, he said, server is out of stock, i have to wait for the stock to be replenished.

That's the Confusion actually. & there support reply is too slow then ovh or kimsufi department.

• They probably told you what you wanted to hear (made promises they can't keep). Their support cannot not be relied upon for urgent matters not related to hardware or network. You just need to be patient considering the prices.

• omgomgomg it's been less than a day and you are impatient - PANIC EVERYONE! Riot, WWIV and fuck it all!

• That's how they keep the price low. They offer a lower price and a worse support / billing team, or a smaller stock to keep profits.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

All new orders go for check: We check your payment manually.

There is no additional IP on Kimsufi. In OVH it's easier to order a new server than to call and ask for refunds.

A server E5v2 is not available and because they are not shut down and many servers are running idle https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/134671/ovh-servers-are-not-suspension-expired-from-the-middle-of-december.

And moreover there was a discount recently also sold out.
    But the E5v1 servers can be ordered through the checker: https://checkservers.ovh/

As a real Internet user I do not call in support and infuriates calls in support.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

My officers going to kill me, Because i am already
    late :(

Most funny, you probably forgot to add to that comment that this project is cost you millions dollars and you are already loosing money - as it’s no drama without BS!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Let this be a warning for those who’ve been attracted by their prices, but still expect a normal service.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @Clouvider said:
    Let this be a warning for those who’ve been attracted by their prices, but still expect a normal service.

I'm not sure what you mean? A warning about what?

The OP didn't read that you can only get one IP with a Kimsufi box and then when they tried to move product on a Saturday, when OVH's sales team are closed, the support department tried to help and then the billing verification (which OVH clearly state new orders can go through) couldn't take place and now they are out of stock...

What do you think OVH/Sys did so wrong?

• @michaels said:

Didn't reserve the server for him when he already paid the money in advance?

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@msg7086 said:

@michaels said:

This and you know, shown inflexibility, lack of empathy and all the stuff that you expect from people you do any sort of business with.

• @huntercop said:
    omgomgomg it's been less than a day and you are impatient - PANIC EVERYONE! Riot, WWIV and fuck it all!

There are not refunding me until get a new server from SYS. and they will refund me as time remaining. So thats also a matter. but when you see 120 second activation before order and didn't get it after 48hrs, i think being impatient is normal

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue them. That's the only moral way.

Thanked by 2bdspice WebProject
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited January 2018

@deank said:
    Sue them. That's the only moral way.

That's the 'murican way.

• Did your officers kill you, gently beat you or just yell at you? The suspense is killing me.

edited January 2018

bdspice said: There are not refunding me until get a new server from SYS. and they will refund me as time remaining. So thats also a matter. but when you see 120 second activation before order and didn't get it after 48hrs, i think being impatient is normal

The system automatically issues servers, if available in the API. Employees in OVH do not issue servers. If the payment is struck: We check payment is another situation, the employee checks there. Payment gets stuck, too, on the machine, the robot checks payments and card data, everything there works automatically.

Here you can see the status of the order:
    https://eu.api.soyoustart.com/console/#/me/order/{orderId}/status#GET
    https://ca.api.soyoustart.com/console/#/me/order/{orderId}/status#GET

The employee issues servers only when there is an error in the order: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/dc_ovh/68.html

1H LOW - 1 hour maximum issue, number up to 10 pieces. At least I when bought E3-SSD-2-32, after bought 10 servers they ended.

1H HIGH - 1 hour maximum output, the amount is large. How many did not count, did not make so many purchases at once.

24H - delivery up to 1 day.

72H - delivery up to 3 days.

240H - delivery up to 10 days, this was for i7-6700k after the accident in SBG.

If you ordered a server, created an account and paid for it, but the server is already purchased by other customers and is not available. The employee manually collects and includes it and issues it on order. Such orders are processed from 1-7 days.

• @msg7086 said:

@michaels said:

@Clouvider
    This and you know, shown inflexibility, lack of empathy and all the stuff that you expect from people you do any sort of business with.

They provided him with the server he ordered. He then found it wasn't fit for his purpose so they credited his account, when he then placed the next order (with another brand) he had to go through extra checks before they would accept the order. I can't see any failure to deliver here. They technically didn't even need to refund him the money as he ordered the wrong service (for him). This thread just smacks of OVH bashing...

If it had been any other provider and he hadn't even got a refund, most people would be saying... It's his fault for ordering the wrong service. OVH would have been better just sticking to their rules and not refunding as it was customer error.

• @doughmanes said:
    Did your officers kill you, gently beat you or just yell at you? The suspense is killing me.

Officers Just suspend me for month. If i didn't complete this job within week, this suspension going to be permanent :(

• @michaels said:

This thread just smacks of OVH bashing...

Bashing of what. If I'm paying $50,000 to buy servers and having the same issue, the
    customer service representative would probably be sitting by me right now, let alone instant refunds. However if I'm paying $50 then it's total different story.

You were making the assumption that we were blaming OVH for doing things wrong. That's inaccurate. We, at least I, were simply telling the fact that lower cost comes with lower expectation. They could behave like a normal, no-dick business and offer more flexibility -- which is of course better, yet they couldn't, due to cost-down. For those who want normal business experience, we recommended somewhere else with higher pricing.

Disclaimer: I'm an OVH customer and using their KS servers. Those servers, while not meeting normal standards (21 days to reply a ticket, etc), do meet the expectation to the cost.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @msg7086 said:

For those who want normal business experience, we recommended somewhere else with higher pricing.

Disclaimer: I'm an OVH customer and using their KS servers. Those servers, while not meeting normal standards (21 days to reply a ticket, etc), do meet the expectation to the cost.

Lowing Price for server is business strategy for grabbing market. But Support system should be same for every packages. BTW, in kimsufi & ovh vps, i got much fast reply's.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited January 2018

@bdspice said:

Lowing Price for server is business strategy for grabbing market. But Support system should be same for every packages. BTW, in kimsufi & ovh vps, i got much fast reply's.

Actually support system could be one of the most expensive cost to a provider. I'd imagine that a provider will start sacrificing the support cost when they lower the price to a certain point. On this certain case, you may try some other similar spec they have if they are in stock.

Their service quality is pretty inconsistent. I got my ticket replied after 3 weeks, but then they solved the same problem within an hour (replace a hard drive). So you really don't know which to expect, 3 weeks or an hour.

FWIW: it happened 3 years ago, and things may have changed since. Luckily I haven't had any issue that needs another ticket for them since then.

Thanked by 1bdspice
    edited January 2018

@bdspice said:

@msg7086 said:

For those who want normal business experience, we recommended somewhere else with higher pricing.

They all have a common panel for tickets.

In OVH, everything is automatically done. You do not have to write.

They have a wonderful feature - automatic monitoring.
    While you're sleeping, if the server hangs, the technician himself then replies.
    Well, if you sell servers as power to those who can do everything yourself - the servers do not deteriorate from the curve settings.

Therefore, in OVH, everything just works itself.

Come ddos - automatically.

Network transfer - automatically.

The server stopped working - automatically.

I do not need to write in support to do something. all automatic.

It's like my data center as I manage through the OVH panel, I buy, create, and give my clients everything they need. Similar in the world of hosting so far no one has done.

That's why I love OVH - it's easy to sell. Convenient to sell. And everything else - just not convenient to sell.

For example, in Hetzner, a monthly invoice for frenzied reselling, stupidity about server/disk replacements hinders. Why ask for a server/disk replacement confirmation after my ticket?
    It is not possible to renew the server for example as much as I want, but in OVH it is possible.
    Cancellations must be made so that the money does not fall and other disadvantages.

• @bdspice said:

@doughmanes said:
    Did your officers kill you, gently beat you or just yell at you? The suspense is killing me.

Officers Just suspend me for month. If i didn't complete this job within week, this suspension going to be permanent :(

you simply should not make promises to your officer that you can't keep. especially not without checking the provider/sales you want to use - beforehand!

Thanked by 2bdspice doughmanes
  • @Vova1234 said:

@bdspice said:

@msg7086 said:

That's why I love OVH - it's easy to sell. Convenient to sell. And everything else - just not convenient to sell.

So You are a big Fan of OVH, cause you make big money from it :D BTW, i like it too.

• @bdspice said:

Good luck to your officer getting the job done if he sacks you.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • edited January 2018

bdspice said: Officers Just suspend me for month. If i didn't complete this job within week, this suspension going to be permanent :(

What you should be doing;

Instead of fighting with OVH to get the server in time, eat some pennies and pay for a server* out of your own pocket. From What I can see, the job is important for you so keeping the job should be also important. Once you got the server from OVH, sell it to someone for a lower price. Ultimately you'll be eating few dollars as the loss, you'll never do the same mistake again.

(*) From another provider who can guarantee the delivery under few hours. (I'd suggest clouvider)

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • bdspicebdspice Member
    edited January 2018

Finally Got My server and Refund (53 days) and done installation with great help of @Shoaib_A

Thanks everyone for Valuable comments & discussion. I just saved my a*s.