Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap dedicated server for large FTP server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap dedicated server for large FTP server

I'm looking to host a FTP for my super small start-up company.

• Minimum 1Gbps although I would love a 10Gbps but most likely out of my price range.
• Minimum 4TB HDD (SATA)
• Prefer unmetered bandwidth because we handle very large files
• I do not care about the CPU or anything. This will only be used for FTP.

Most my employees are in EU so would prefer server there but wouldn't mind one in Canada.

Comments

• Some of the best options I have found are HostDzire & OVH.

Thanked by 1henkynl
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Take a look at Hetzner storage boxes.

• @exception0x876 said:

Are they at least 1Gbps? I always thought they were 100Mbps for some reason

• @flexzone said:

@exception0x876 said:

I don't see on website, I would say to contact them to find out.

• @cheapwebdev said:

@flexzone said:

@exception0x876 said:

I don't see on website, I would say to contact them to find out.

Yes hetzner do 1Gbps

looked at other providers like online.net ? i could recomend more but whats your budget.

• OneProvider Paris or Amsterdam location. 2.5Gbps connections

Thanked by 1flexzone
  • Yes, Hetzner storage box has a 1gbps connection, though actually transfer speeds I've gotten are typically around half that. They do have a bandwidth limit.

• flexzoneflexzone Member
    edited January 2018

@doughmanes said:
    OneProvider Paris or Amsterdam location. 2.5Gbps connections

This Amsterdam option is very interesting with port speed and pricing and bandwidth, just not enough HDD space. Thank you for the suggestion buddy. I'll bookmark it.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Its basically Online.net servers minus the setup fees. Same network. I caught a Netherlands server for $13 on a special.

Thanked by 1flexzone
  • Keep in mind Hetzner storage box allowed a maximum of 10 connections at the same time.

Thanked by 2flexzone jetchirag
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

What is your budget for the server with 1G unmetered?

• @doughmanes said:
    Its basically Online.net servers minus the setup fees. Same network. I caught a Netherlands server for $13 on a special.

How is the Netherlands network though, I've only tried their Paris network because I've heard that their Netherlands pipeline is always choking and has really bad performance compared to the Paris one.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@doughmanes said:
    Its basically Online.net servers minus the setup fees. Same network. I caught a Netherlands server for $13 on a special.

How is the Netherlands network though, I've only tried their Paris network because I've heard that their Netherlands pipeline is always choking and has really bad performance compared to the Paris one.

cant say anything about that special in particular but with the XC from online.net the speeds are great (ssd model; the hdd has bad random IO speeds). 60mbyte/s upload to google. stable for me.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • IAlwaysBeCoding said: How is the Netherlands network though

Been OK for me but I'm a more reasonable person than the LET folks.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • @doughmanes said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: How is the Netherlands network though

Been OK for me but I'm a more reasonable person than the LET folks.

Interesting, yeah I have the 8gb c2750 on Paris and for 13 euros I find them to be pretty well priced. I'm thinking of getting a few more next couple of months to offload some computation work that I have.

@mosan7763 said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@doughmanes said:

cant say anything about that special in particular but with the XC from online.net the speeds are great (ssd model; the hdd has bad random IO speeds). 60mbyte/s upload to google. stable for me.

I'm eagerly waiting for another summer special from online.net , given the fact that they skipped on BF 2017, I missed my chance at getting a good server last year. Hopefully, I can see some good spring deals coming up.