Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH servers are not SUSPENSION(expired) from the middle of December
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH servers are not SUSPENSION(expired) from the middle of December

Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2018 in Providers

Hi!

I noticed that the servers stopped SUSPENSION for non-payment and will be deleted from the accounts. Servers work and ping and are not disabled for non-payment.
In the billing they are noted that they are not extended: service was expired. But it does not make sense if the service is working and not being deleted.

Wrote a tweet, created a ticket. All without meaning.

And I noticed that some servers were missing with the availability, they will not be available if they do not shut down and work in the blank one month already.

Just example friend server: ns3004060.ip-151-80-38.eu.

ns3004060.ip-151-80-38.eu date server 2017-12-13
If it were 1-2 servers, but there are already about a hundred counted.

C:\Users\root>ping ns3004060.ip-151-80-38.eu

Pinging ns3004060.ip-151-80-38.eu [151.80.38.37] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 151.80.38.37: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=59
Reply from 151.80.38.37: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 151.80.38.37:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 2ms

A typical example is where the company loses the money of investors.

But did you notice something similar? Maybe this topic will help them see what employees do not see.

Thanked by 1hzr

Comments

• who cares? move on

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@JoeMerit said:
    who cares? move on

On the idea of no one. Just annoying when for example i7-4790k / I7-SSD-1, and it is not available because the servers are not deleted.

Last year(2016) was similar, the servers were not disconnected too.

• Just mine on them for a few weeks before they finally catch on? Should be free money right?

• @Vova1234 said:
    Just annoying when for example i7-4790k / I7-SSD-1, and it is not available because the servers are not deleted.

Them shutting off a server and them having it available to purchase are not the same thing. It may be a glitch, it may be intentional, but either way it's likely not having a real effect on them selling those servers again (and if it is some sort of automatic recycling failure, they already know).

If you have one of those servers, use it for unimportant tasks and enjoy I guess?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

This has happened at random for the past 2 years or so. Did you pay with a card or PayPal? I had this happen a few times and it was an issue with the renewal order and the payment method used. If you check the order in your manager, it will show "Processing" on the renewal order.

If you have important data, tell them immediately that the renewal order is stuck on processing, if not, still good to tell the them (or any host). Eventually, once they notice or something happens with the renewal order, it will get suspended and you will either need to pay for the time that was not paid for or the server will get terminated and you won't be able to get data.

Thanked by 1rtsh
    edited January 2018

imthatguyhere said: If you have one of those servers, use it for unimportant tasks and enjoy I guess?

Do you have servers in OVH? Kimsufi? SoyouStart?

2016 same problem: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/soyoustart/39.html

Server expired 2016-12-02, but he SUSPENSION - 2017.02.09.

The server just a month worked idle, I did not even know.

MikeA said: If you have important data, tell them immediately that the renewal order is stuck on processing, if not, still good to tell the them (or any host). Eventually, once they notice or something happens with the renewal order, it will get suspended and you will either need to pay for the time that was not paid for or the server will get terminated and you won't be able to get data.

This does not apply to payments. Simply their system which disconnects the servers has stopped working SUSPENSION & REACTIVATION. I will enter it: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/dc_ovh/30.html

This is a problem throughout the OVH. After the expiration of the service, it does not turn off and is not deleted, that's all. This applies to the EU panel. Not the CA panel. And this does not apply to accounts.

Thanked by 1rtsh
  • @Vova1234 said:

imthatguyhere said: If you have one of those servers, use it for unimportant tasks and enjoy I guess?

Do you have servers in OVH? Kimsufi? SoyouStart?

2016 same problem: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/soyoustart/39.html

OVH (a few dedicated and bunch of cloud / vps). Had SYS and KS as well, but concatenated and moved them to a good deal I got with Hetzner that suited my needs. I'm not really sure why that's applicable, but there you go?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Vova1234 Is that for cloud servers or something? Never seen those type of e-mails.

edited January 2018

imthatguyhere said: OVH (a few dedicated and bunch of cloud / vps). Had SYS and KS as well, but concatenated and moved them to a good deal I got with Hetzner that suited my needs. I'm not really sure why that's applicable, but there you go?

Because to see the bugs you need to have active servers and not 1-2.

MikeA said: @Vova1234 Is that for cloud servers or something? Never seen those type of e-mails.

This is in the IE (Ireland) and LT (Latvia) branch: OVH SoYouStart Kimsufi. If the server does not renew, it turns off and a message comes in that the server is disabled. And after 5 days is removed from the panel.

If renew server the letter comes that the server is reactivated and it is available.

The system has broken down and the shutdown does not work and the servers do not disconnect and operate, but are marked as expired services. This is on all servers of these branches.

Yes. In Russia and other CIS countries there is no monthly payment and other dullness. If the service was not renewed, it is deleted. And there are no cancellations and other bullshit.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • I know a guy with a free OVH cPanel license for the past year

• Guy is really complaining about getting free service?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OVH... shrug.

• WSSWSS Member

@JoeMerit said:
    who cares? move on

You have no idea who @Vova1234 is, do you?

• They seem to have this suspension glitch since november outage.

• @WSS said:

@JoeMerit said:
    who cares? move on

You have no idea who @Vova1234 is, do you?

KGB?

edited January 2018

AuroraZ said: KGB?

This structure is not there for about 20 years.

Secondly, I'm not from Russia.

Thirdly, there are more freedoms than in Europe and other countries.

JoeMerit said: Guy is really complaining about getting free service?

Just not convenient. Always it is necessary that there was discipline everywhere.

• In 2015 year, after news 02/2015

servers not suspended from xx/02/2015 for 06/01/2016 year.

I also wrote 2 tickets - but all employees were indifferent.
    because they do not respect the company's money

while shorter accumulated by January 2016 millions of losses - only then the servers retired.

now the problem is almost the same
    except that it began after the December change in the method of payment

the most interesting is that we also wrote a lot of tickets and even gave examples of servers.
    but employees do not give a damn about the company's money either.
    and some tickets - just manually deleted the server from the example.
    but the point is to delete the servers from the examples? if the problem is global

edited January 2018

The result. After the post, OVH was fixed. Although accounts will be cleared of expired services.

Another answer to the question is why you have a lot of accounts in the data center. For example, when in Kimsufi there are 250 servers on the account, then the panel lags and it's not very convenient to install the OS.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Should we get ready for another flash sale?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Vova1234 said: Just not convenient. Always it is necessary that there was discipline everywhere.

You haven't cancelled the service with your provider. Neither have you contacted your provider.

And you're now throwing the word 'discipline' ?

Wow.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

I remember having a server with server4you for a month back in 2014 which was active for almost a year even though I never paid after the first month.

edited January 2018

exception0x876 said: Should we get ready for another flash sale?

Yes. 250 servers i5-3750, BHS Canada. This is @alice2k servers.
    Did not fit under the openstack through anti-ddos.

But on the sale I will buy back under the mining. A lot of CPU coins appeared.

Clouvider said: You haven't cancelled the service with your provider. Neither have you contacted your provider.

In OVH LT and OVH IE there are no cancel. If the server ends it is deleted.

SUSPENSION - two day after expire.

DELETED - after 7 days, if not renew for link: https://www.ovh.ie/cgi-bin/order/renew.cgi

There is no dullness called the monthly bill. A great system for selling servers without cancellations, monthly bills and other nonsense.

Therefore, the introduction of a payment system on OVH IE/LT for the monthly bill as on OVH FR will simply kill sales.

For example, Kimsufi FR and Soyoustart FR generally renew the server by reference is not possible, which is the world's dullness.

Thanked by 1rm_