Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with CWP in NameServer Section
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with CWP in NameServer Section

I recently installed Cent Web Panel on my Xen VPS which is 1Gb in RAM. But I have no idea what to do next with DNS, I have a domain name recently purchased and I want to connect it with CWP DNS. Can you show me the dummies way for DNS. Yes, I've already searched on Google and found some tutorials but,.. I understand nothing what should I do next.

I've read LET forum since one and half year ago, and this is my very first post. Thus, I surely know All of LET members are helpful and kind. Thanks.

Again, what I want to do with dns is I want to connect my domain name with my xen vps's CWP.

Comments

• If you want to use the CWP server to host the DNS for your domain, then register the nameservers (glue record) like ns1/2.yourdomain.com and point them to the IP of your CWP server. The IPs can be the same if that's what you got. Then once the glue records are set, change the nameservers of your domains to those ones you just set and that should be all you need to do on the domain side. You might need to wait up to 48 hours for DNS to be propagated throughout the globe.

On CWP, you add the domain and then you should be able to manage everything in the DNS manager.

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    If you want to use the CWP server to host the DNS for your domain, then register the nameservers (glue record) like ns1/2.yourdomain.com and point them to the IP of your CWP server. The IPs can be the same if that's what you got. Then once the glue records are set, change the nameservers of your domains to those ones you just set and that should be all you need to do on the domain side. You might need to wait up to 48 hours for DNS to be propagated throughout the globe.

On CWP, you add the domain and then you should be able to manage everything in the DNS manager.

Then, much possibility of gaining attack as I'm showing off my vps ip and Dns on my own easily that way?

• @kyawhtun2012 said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    If you want to use the CWP server to host the DNS for your domain, then register the nameservers (glue record) like ns1/2.yourdomain.com and point them to the IP of your CWP server. The IPs can be the same if that's what you got. Then once the glue records are set, change the nameservers of your domains to those ones you just set and that should be all you need to do on the domain side. You might need to wait up to 48 hours for DNS to be propagated throughout the globe.

Then, much possibility of gaining attack as I'm showing off my vps ip and Dns on my own easily that way?

Possibly. Or you can just use Cloudflare, so you sign up for the service, add the domain and it will spit out 2 name servers. Then you change that for your domain and wait for propagation. In Cloudflare, you add all the records (A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, etc.) and you can enable the orange cloud to hide your IP and add CDN in front of your website. And you can always disable it if it affects your website in any way, for the record of choice. The free plan works well, I use it for all my domains (most just DNS only), not many issues. I do experience some weird routing at times with their anycast IPs (I live in Vancouver, and sometimes my requests hits Dallas instead of Seattle or Vancouver. Could be my ISP, who knows.). Generally speaking, it should be a much more reliable system (and safer) compared to hosting your own DNS.

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012