Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling our Hosting business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling our Hosting business

icekevicekev Member
edited January 2018 in General

This is certainly not the title I thought I would have to write up at some point during my lifetime.

But yes, the time has come.
To begin with, if this is not the right place to write this up, feel free to move this topic to a different category !

For privacy, I will not state any company name in this thread. Those who are interested after reading it all, feel free to get in touch with me directly.

Me and couple of interested folks have been running this hosting business, that offers VPS (KVM/OVZ) and Dedicated server rentals for couples of years now.
Its a relatively small business, we did it for fun, to learn and ultimately, because we loved and shared passion for the hosting and visualization environment.

But as you might know, time passed, and we are now for the most of us, parents. Time has gotten hard to find, and most support request ends up going to one guy now, which is no longer interested to manage everything on his own.

We agreed to stop, and sell the business and give it to someone else, who would be interested to pick it up from where it stands right now.

This is a great opportunity to start in the hosting world or to take on our current customer.

The reason why we write this post is quite simple. We always had a high value for our customers, we treated them as best as possible.
And today, we want to take off and be with our family, but we also do not want to just drop our customers and tell them to go away. With respect for them, we will continue to operate until these customers can be transfered somewhere else, or taken by someone else.

For insights, the business has been doing well. Below is a diagram taken straight from our WHMCS dashboard that show 2016 vs 2017, and you can see for yourself that it's going in the right direction. 2017 has been a great year for us in term of revenue.

What's weird is we did the least advertisement in 2017, since most of the crew was away with newborn babies. Had somebody been there to properly advertise, these numbers would probably be way bigger.

Our current operation costs are estimated at approximately half of the revenue we make.
If you plan to take on this business, you should expect at least half of the revenue to be clear for re-investment or whatever else you want to do.

This is what we are going to do once we transfer the ownership :

• Create a domain transfer request. You will own the domain and do whatever you want to do with it.
  • Zip the website, with the database, so that you can upload the website to anywhere you want to host it.
  • Give administrator access to: SolusVM, WHMCS, Other Partners accounts such as hosting providers, LDAP management account.

We make this a public offer, to the LowEndTalk Community first.
Please communicate directly with me with any questions or offers you may have.

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

How many clients you have ?

You can sent me PM with details for privacy .

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Hi
    Do you have your own hardware?
    Where are your servers located?
    How many clients do you have ?
    Where is the business registered?

Can you PM me with more details ? We are working on launching a new business, so it would be a good start for us if we can get existing clients

Thanks

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2018

Not sure if this thread was approved... @jarland

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

Interested as well. Kindly send more info in PM. Thanks

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    Not sure if this thread was approved... @jarland

I really don't care, I just want to know how anyone does so well in revenue increase all year long and then falls off the map for the biggest sales month around, then gets nearly nothing the next. There's something packed into Nov and Dec that is definitely driving this sale, but props for transparency to the OP.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is the same last year so probably they run promos and advertising outside of winter.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Where are the servers located ? Do you own them or rent them ?

• WHTWHT Member

I can feel, its comming! Drama baby..

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Please send me details via PM.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I'm interested, could i get more details?

Regards, Armand

• Alright I'm in for 5$

• Can you show how many clients did not renew by month?

• OP: LET is not the place to sell business. You will get trolled and trolled hard. WHT is better place for business selling. Go away from this thread and never comeback to it.

• Since nobody asked: how many clients you got ?

• @quick said:
    Since nobody asked: how many clients you got ?

@RIYAD said:

?

• I hope you're not expecting much because there's not much to work with and no guarantee of customers staying once ownership changes hands.

• @aeba said:

@quick said:

@RIYAD said:

?

You should probably fix that Einstein there.

• KermEd said: Alright I'm in for 5$

Are you some kind of cunt?

• @quick said:

@aeba said:

@quick said:

@RIYAD said:

?

You should probably fix that Einstein there.

sorry if that offended you, that was rude.

• @icekev is verry important the location , so will bebetter to know it

• Sorry for the delay in my replies. I have received an enormous amount of requests and will go by them.

I have already received some offers in bitcoins, some in USD.

For everyone's sake, all our current hardware is rented, we do not physically own anything, so it's very easy to transfer ownership.