Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach charges for support when customer agrees to no support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach charges for support when customer agrees to no support

2»

Comments

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018

I still have much to learn :P

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Harzem said: I would delete posts like mine

Well, stop derailing threads

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @netomx said:

Harzem said: I would delete posts like mine

Well, stop derailing threads

derail!

whatareyougoingtodoaboutit?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @doghouch said:
    whatareyougoingtodoaboutit?

you don't want netomx angery,,,, ever .... no mater where you are, he will get you.

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ

• Tamales anyone? Flavor not included, $5 extra.

• XeiXei Member

@VirMach said:
    In your log, I see 10 re-installs, 11 boots, 3 password changes, 2 changes in APIC settings, a change in PAE settings, 2 changes in network card, 2 changes in video settings, and 4 changes in VNC settings within 1 hour. Depending on what order they're done in and how long you waited between each command, you may have broken something.

Is this amount of changes normal for a typical LET user in a hour? Or is this abnormal as I imagine it is? It seems abusive really.. 12 reinstalls in a hour.

• WSSWSS Member

@Xei said:
    Is this amount of changes normal for a typical LET user in a hour? Or is this abnormal as I imagine it is? It seems abusive really.. 12 reinstalls in a hour.

Not if you are a QA person.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2018

cheapwebdev said: Tamales anyone? Flavor not included, $5 extra.

/derail

• @FrankZ said:
    /derail

I guess I should cancel my train ticket and take the plane then.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Xei said:

Certainly not normal. Perhaps, he gets orgasm whenever he reinstalls.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:

@Xei said:

Certainly not normal. Perhaps, he gets orgasm whenever he reinstalls.

It could be the reinstall isn't working properly. We've had cases where a OpenVZ doesn't reinstall properly (most common case is when the VPS powers off it goes into a 'mounted' state) so the reinstalls can jank up. User then does a good handful of them since OpenVZ reinstalls are generally very fast to complete.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Xei uptime
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@WSS can you clarify what you mean on the report about the thread title? This is my edited version of it already.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@Jarland - I see from Virmach, that they opted out of support, and I see nowhere from the OP in this thread that they agreed to pay for support otherwise.. unless they did so in the FLV, which I can't/won't watch, and is not illustrated anywhere in this thread.

This thread looks like it was opened to complain about the support fee- which they opted out of.

E: "Virmach charges for support when customer agrees to paid support" parses to me like they are trying to charge extra for support when it was already paid for, so I find the whole title confusing.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@WSS said:
    @Jarland - I see from Virmach, that they opted out of support, and I see nowhere from the OP in this thread that they agreed to pay for support otherwise.. unless they did so in the FLV, which I can't/won't watch, and is not illustrated anywhere in this thread.

This thread looks like it was opened to complain about the support fee- which they opted out of.

Does this edit make more sense then?

• WSSWSS Member

Yeah. It does. See my stealth edit above. Cheers!

Thanked by 1jar
  • I guess that the OP (= @KiritoSama) sincerely believed that something was wrong with his/her VPS, which is also why he/she made two videos(!) to demonstrate this. (I also didn't watch the videos.)

At the same time, it's also possible, as @VirMach suggests, that the OP messed something up with all of the reinstalls, etc. performed within the space of an hour.

My general sense is that the "No support" option that @VirMach offered on BF wasn't such a good idea. I understand why they offered it, but ultimately it's bound to be forgotten or misunderstood by a customer.

• WSSWSS Member

Certain regions don't seem to bother to read what's presented to them- when it behooves them. Amazing they can figure to check off a box which saves money initially, but not how tickets are handled.. although they had to agree to this at least twice throughout the checkout process.

• XeiXei Member

Yeah no support while sounded mildly interesting now just seems like a bad idea after hearing angstroms points. The provider only needs to ensure their service is working... if it isn't that's the only valid support request in my mind.

• a3Brena3Bren Member
    edited January 2018

I received two emails that one of my no support box's ip was changed earlier today. (and cannot boot)
    Open a ticket and see how things going.

Problem got solved and got some credit...