Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD)

Comments

• xNEOxNEO Member
    edited January 2018

@spammy said:
    Just curious how many workers do you have? I read somewhere that if you have less than 15 workers you HS might be negatively impacted.

About 25.

• @spammy said:

@florianb said:

@spammy said:

@florianb said:
    For the moment Electroneum is the best choice baring in mind the value is going to raise up in the future. Currently taking into account 1KH/s on XMR gives you a plain profit of roughly $73 (~0.19XMR) without any pool fees or power costs, while ETN gives you whopping $228 (~1568ETN) which is a good factor of x3.1.

Which pool do you mine? I mine at easyhash with around 1k hashrate on etn and only get 10 etns a day...

https://etn.spacepools.org/

And you get 1568ETN with 1K hashrate?

After 2 days with 1K HS on Spacepools I think I can only get around 30 a day which is 900 a month if my math is not failing me. I bet your actually HS is better than you think :)

However right now Spacepools is way better with EasyHash, EasyHash is too small in pool HS right now so it would take hours to find a block...

• @xNEO said:

@spammy said:
    Just curious how many workers do you have? I read somewhere that if you have less than 15 workers you HS might be negatively impacted.

About 25.

Oh I see, well, I can only think may be you should switch to another pool? I am mining Spacepool right now and it seems to be pretty good so far (no relationship with them other than I am mining there and I only used them for 2 days so far), their fee is lower as well.

• I really should start mining. We run a VR company, so as you may guess, we have access to a ton of idling VR tier video cards...

• @spammy said:
    Oh I see, well, I can only think may be you should switch to another pool?

Why switch? 80 ETNs per day for 2.4kh/s seems normal according to previous post by @vfuse:

nanopool gives about 34 etn per day for 1k/h

• @xNEO said:

@spammy said:

Why switch? 80 ETNs per day for 2.4kh/s seems normal according to previous post by @vfuse:

Oh I am referring to this comment: @xNEO said: I'm new to etn, I'm using xmrig-proxy to mine etn to nanopool, and from time to time I was getting these kind of errors: "rejected...Block expired","connection reset by peer", although some valid shares can still be submitted to the pool .

• @spammy said:

@xNEO said:

@spammy said:

Oh I am referring to this comment: @xNEO said: I'm new to etn, I'm using xmrig-proxy to mine etn to nanopool, and from time to time I was getting these kind of errors: "rejected...Block expired","connection reset by peer", although some valid shares can still be submitted to the pool .

I'm new to the business as well, so forgive me if I'm talking bollocks here, but as far as I understand you don't need a proxy unless you are running several computers/workers (10+) simultaneously. The proxy will pool your workers together and present to the pool as a single worker. In xNEO's case I think he is running a proxy because he is pooling many workers with a low hash rate.

Keep it simple and maybe try to use xmr-stak or xmrig.

And I may be missing something here, but I don't think nanopool is the best pool to mine with a RPi. They use a fixed difficulty that is quite high for a low spec rig.

Please feel free to let me know if I'm missing something. It's always a good opportunity to learn something new.

• ETN is by far the most profitable coin to mine right now. It's over 3 times more profitable than Monero which is the next one in terms of Cryptonote coins. Use https://www.cryptunit.com/ for a rough estimate of profits without taking power into consideration.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

SprkFade said: ETN is by far the most profitable coin to mine right now. It's over 3 times more profitable than Monero which is the next one in terms of Cryptonote coins. Use https://www.cryptunit.com/ for a rough estimate of profits without taking power into consideration.

SSHHH!!! Don't spread the word. Lets keep the hash rate nice and low to make it easier for those in the know! XD

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

For those who are already mining ETN, which pool are you guys using?

Hashvault seem to be skimming a whole lot, paying out 30% less than they should....

• @randvegeta said:

Hashvault seem to be skimming a whole lot, paying out 30% less than they should....

Spacepools.org all the way. I net around 350 ETN a day. Pool has been stable and finds blocks incredibly fast.

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited January 2018

@randvegeta said:

I'm mostly mining with nanopool, but I'm keeping a small rig with poolmining.org

It's a new pool and the guy seems to be very invested in it. Biggest problem so far has been a low number of miners. Currently 52 miners and 49 KH/s. Fee is 0.15% and min pay 10 ETN.

If this one doesn't develop over the coming weeks I'm keeping an eye on EasyHash.io

nanopool is great but it's currently concentrating more than 50% of the network hash power, so I'm trying to do my part to balance the network and diversificate a bit to a smaller but consistent pool. It takes a bit longer to find new blocks and therefore being paid, but the payments are higher because the block is split among fewer miners. So, you end up with the same result.

It seems a few LET providers are mining Electroneum using their spare capacity and I was wondering if they would be interested in creating a LET pool to play that role of a reliable, stable mid-size pool to contribute to both the LET and Electroneum community.

My guess is that maybe the fees collected don't worth the hassle of managing the pool and mining it's just a smart way of capitalising on their idle capacity.

• @SprkFade said:
    Spacepools.org all the way. I net around 350 ETN a day. Pool has been stable and finds blocks incredibly fast.

For what hashrate you gain 350 etn a day?

• @xNEO said:

@SprkFade said:

For what hashrate you gain 350 etn a day?

It fluctuates between 8-10 KH/s. 350/day is about the lowest. If block luck is high it can jump up quite a bit.

• cryptopia is opening signup now :)

Thanked by 1Iam
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@beagle said:

@randvegeta said:

I'm mostly mining with nanopool, but I'm keeping a small rig with poolmining.org

It's a new pool and the guy seems to be very invested in it. Biggest problem so far has been a low number of miners. Currently 52 miners and 49 KH/s. Fee is 0.15% and min pay 10 ETN.

If this one doesn't develop over the coming weeks I'm keeping an eye on EasyHash.io

nanopool is great but it's currently concentrating more than 50% of the network hash power, so I'm trying to do my part to balance the network and diversificate a bit to a smaller but consistent pool. It takes a bit longer to find new blocks and therefore being paid, but the payments are higher because the block is split among fewer miners. So, you end up with the same result.

It seems a few LET providers are mining Electroneum using their spare capacity and I was wondering if they would be interested in creating a LET pool to play that role of a reliable, stable mid-size pool to contribute to both the LET and Electroneum community.

My guess is that maybe the fees collected don't worth the hassle of managing the pool and mining it's just a smart way of capitalising on their idle capacity.

We are going to name it the Deadpool.

Francisco

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2018

Any idea where to find Rx 570 GPUs?
    I can't find good prices now on Newegg and Amazon I think I was lucky when I bought in BF but not lucky enough as I still need some more :(

• Rami said: I can't find good prices

That's right.

• @Aidan said:

Rami said: I can't find good prices

That's right.

Prices are insane nowadays

• @Rami said:

@Aidan said:

That's right.

Sold a Vega56 for just over twice what I bought it for, though now in a used condition.

The high-end GPU market is really screwy right now.

• @Aidan said:
    Sold a Vega56 for just over twice what I bought it for, though now in a used condition.

I did a similar thing
    I sold 2 Rx470 used for 6months for %25 profit to upgrade, and now I can't replace them

• @Aidan said:

@Rami said:

@Aidan said:

That's right.

Well, eventually AMD and Nvidia will stop selling GPU and use all of their products for mining. LOL

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited January 2018

@levnode said:

@Aidan said:

@Rami said:

@Aidan said:

That's right.

Well, eventually AMD and Nvidia will stop selling GPU and use all of their products for mining. LOL

Most likely some of the coins might be even backed by them.

Graphic cards are still more valuable than your coins (may be or not).

If anything happens to your coin (Crashed or Zero Value), you are only left with your used graphic cards and AMD/Nividia already took your money whatever your purpose is.

• mrclown said: AMD/Nividia already took your money whatever your purpose is.

Spot on, everyone has their place in the supply line.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2018

They could be change payouts to 5 ETN, neat.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14812171/r

• @randvegeta said:

spacepools seems to be pretty stable for me for the past few days, I like it a lot!

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • @spammy said:

@randvegeta said:

spacepools seems to be pretty stable for me for the past few days, I like it a lot!

You usually have to pay ETN 0.01 per payment.

What's the advantage of having a very low payment threshold? Avoiding the risk of keeping the balance at the pool?

• @beagle said:

@spammy said:

@randvegeta said:

What's the advantage of having a very low payment threshold? Avoiding the risk of keeping the balance at the pool?

You can't really change that in Spacepool? At least I have not found the place to change it...

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited January 2018

@spammy said:

@beagle said:

@spammy said:

@randvegeta said:

You can't really change that in Spacepool? At least I have not found the place to change it...

So far, I've only seen this feature on Nanopools where you can change the min pay down to 100 ETN from the default 500 ETN.

• someone should start a which coin to mine on android phone since it's alot cheaper considering the highly available free charging stations around the city/shops and work.