Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EMail hosting in the EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EMail hosting in the EU

cyagoncyagon Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Hello,

Since i want to transfer my domains from OVH to namesilo, i need an email hosting (with 2 or 5GB mailspace, i dont need much) in the EU.

For help i would be grateful.

Comments

• Not sure what you mean by baremetal email hosting, but I would use Exchange online or MXRoute @jarland for all my email hosting now...

• Mxroute

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We got a server in London, feel free to signup with us :)

• WHTWHT Member

+1 mxroute, cant go wrong with them.

Thanked by 1cyagon
  • @MikePT said:

i can not see a server in London?

• In Europe, try @mxroute, @mailcheap or go directly with OVH Email hosting.

• WSSWSS Member

@nqservices said:
    In Europe, try @mxroute, @mailcheap or go directly with OVH Email hosting.

Why would he want to go to OVH when he's trying to move AWAY from OVH?

@mailcheap is OK in my books, even though Pavin raised the prices recently. MXRoute works quite well (does have an EU presence), and I have no hesitations in recommending either

• +1 MXRoute @jarland

It just works.

Thanked by 1cyagon

@malwa3e said:

@MikePT said:

Send me a PM after you order and I'll provision your service in London.

• @MikePT said:

@malwa3e said:

@MikePT said:

already have the Cyber Monday 2017 15GB in US :(

• You can also grab a very cheap VPS with 1GB RAM, and use it as mail server with free open-source solutions, such as Mailcow.

• Hmmm when did @MikePT work at Mxroute, I just thought you only worked on Mxroute relay spinoff Mxroute.io

@malwa3e said:

@MikePT said:

@malwa3e said:

@MikePT said:

already have the Cyber Monday 2017 15GB in US :(

Best I can do is to recreate it in London, free of charge, though that would imply to delete your existing data.

@leb_anonymous said:
    Hmmm when did @MikePT work at Mxroute, I just thought you only worked on Mxroute relay spinoff Mxroute.io

I've been handling both brands with @Jarland :-)

• @WSS said:

@nqservices said:

Original Quote:
    "Since i want to transfer my domains from OVH to namesilo..."

He said he wants to move the domains out of OVH. Domains. So he can move the domains out of OVH and then buy a normal OVH email hosting or one of their Exchange plans.

• WSSWSS Member

@nqservices said:

@WSS said:

@nqservices said:

Original Quote:

He said he wants to move the domains out of OVH. Domains. So he can move the domains out of OVH and then buy a normal OVH email hosting or one of their Exchange plans.

One might assume, perhaps, that they don't want ANY services with OVH.

• @WSS said:

• @WSS said:

@nqservices said:

@WSS said:

@nqservices said:

Original Quote:

Sadly, its true. Their support ist bad, their dns-servers outright horrible and their customer interface slow and buggy.

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited January 2018

@default said:
    You can also grab a very cheap VPS with 1GB RAM, and use it as mail server with free open-source solutions, such as Mailcow.

Im actually currently working with mailcow. While the non-docker mailcow is working great, the "new" docker-based mailcow is pretty bloated while docker itself is absolutely not suitable for hosting mailserver, or any other software requiring long-term stability (just my 2 cents).

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited January 2018

@MikePT said:

@malwa3e said:

@MikePT said:

I didnt know mxroute also has servers in europe. sadly, your cyber-monday special is currently sold out. A solution for like 5-6€ a year with like 5GB of mailspace (to be fair, i probably dont need even 2GB) would be outright amazing.

• @cyagon said:

@default said:
    You can also grab a very cheap VPS with 1GB RAM, and use it as mail server with free open-source solutions, such as Mailcow.

I actually currently working with mailcow. While the non-docker mailcow is working great, the "new" docker-based mailcow is pretty bloated while docker itself is absolutely not suitable for hosting mailserver, or any other software requiring long-term stability (just my 2 cents).

Apologies for the off-topic, but do you mind explaining why? I've starting to learn a bit more about LXC, Docker, etc and I would appreciate your experience.

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited January 2018

@beagle said:

@cyagon said:

@default said:

I actually currently working with mailcow. While the non-docker mailcow is working great, the "new" docker-based mailcow is pretty bloated while docker itself is absolutely not suitable for hosting mailserver, or any other software requiring long-term stability (just my 2 cents).

Apologies for the off-topic, but do you mind explaining why? I've starting to learn a bit more about LXC, Docker, etc and I would appreciate your experience.

I worked with docker for a while to host webserver and voiceserver, with both debian 9 and ubuntu 16.04 as host systems.
    with every docker update there were problems in stability. once docker could not be started anymore (because systemd) and i needed to reinstall docker. or docker just crashed and restarted itself while testing websites with loadimpact. or volumes were no longer or only readonly accessible. or the entire (ubuntu) os just corrupted while using docker with btrfs (same with LXD btw). i could go on.

you can read about similar experiences here

docker is amazing as CICD system (with debian), combined with gitlab runner. dockers ability to just spawn software "ready-to-go" like gitlab or nginx in seconds is amazing when you want to test configs or just try these. but docker, at least for me, is not a stable solution when it comes to hosting more or less important systems (which you cant fix in minutes) on which you want to build or work.

maybe I'll try hosting important systems with docker again in a few years, when docker is more mature.

/rantover

And sorry for my bad english.