Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would you grow your company with in 2018?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who would you grow your company with in 2018?

So we have an idea, we have a few yearly servers which don't matter as they do some edge processing and if they do go down no one really cares.

I am looking for 2018 suggestions for providers who can provide a solid infrastructure to deliver our website and central processing, at the moment its just a few VM's with 2GB RAM / 2CPU at the moment but will hopefully grow so thinking @ramnode, @buyvm, @dediserve

Everything will be backed up and replicated to a secondary site so there is no dependence on one provider.

This is not so much about budgets or offers but if you were going to put your data somewhere in 2018 where would you put it?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

The only VPS hosts I've used that isn't on an OVH server I have is RamNode and Oplink. RamNode has near 100% uptime since I got the current VPS (for monitoring). The Oplink server just idles mostly so I don't monitor it, but most traffic goes over Level3.

Thanked by 1ollietrex
  • @ollietrex said:
    So we have an idea, we have a few yearly servers which don't matter as they do some edge processing and if they do go down no one really cares.

I am looking for 2018 suggestions for providers who can provide a solid infrastructure to deliver our website and central processing, at the moment its just a few VM's with 2GB RAM / 2CPU at the moment but will hopefully grow so thinking @ramnode, @buyvm, @dediserve

Everything will be backed up and replicated to a secondary site so there is no dependence on one provider.

This is not so much about budgets or offers but if you were going to put your data somewhere in 2018 where would you put it?

We'd be happy to assist you with this, our uptime is well know as is, but if you need something bulletproof we can help engineer a HA solution also. Our infrastructure is enterprise grade end to end with HPE blade chassis, Cisco networking and all-flash arrays.

Let us know what you're looking for, happy to provide a trial if required :).

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Everyone has downtime, even those who promise 100% uptime. Look at the Amazon outages, major airline outages, etc.

Your best bet is diversity. Build a platform that either uses a provider with multiple geographical regions, or multiple providers.

Any vendor with 100% uptime is lucky. Across an infrastructure of any scale it's impossible.

• Inceptionhosting, netcup, GestionDBI, bandwagonhost. Solid.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • WHTWHT Member

Am planning this year to start a advertising network hosted on netcup vps.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

We use DigitalOcean for these type servers, if I was to do it now I would probably use Vultr. Vultr's uptime has significantly improved in the last year from my observation, and the plans are far more competitive.

That and I'm really sick of DO rolling out features only to select datacenters.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I'd wholesomely recommend @Clouvider, he isn't the cheapest, but my stuff there has never missed a beat.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

snipped

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    edited March 2018

@dahartigan said:
    snipped

This is a joke, right?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

@PeachBlossom said:

@dahartigan said:
    snipped

This is a joke, right?

Of course :)

Thanked by 1PeachBlossom
  • LeeLee Veteran

SplitIce said: That and I'm really sick of DO rolling out features only to select datacenters.

Which features are specific to only certain DC's?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2018

Since you mentioned trust + data : I say
    * dediserve London city(LON)
    * clouvider/InceptionHosting(UK)
    * Leaseweb EU location vps
    * Liteserver (AMS)
    * Ultravps.eu (AMS - zfs checksummed storage)

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I've got all my services on: Linode, VMHaus, Hetzner, Hosthatch

• BitmapBitmap Member
    edited January 2018

At the moment I generally use Linode for any production-ready projects, my opinion of Linode has slipped the past 12 months.

I plan on utilising Inception Hosting / @AnthonySmith throughout 2018.

• try to let go of services which are idle anyway... as every year.
    no need base anything on anyone to grow. don't anyone dare to tempt me!!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@SplitIce said:
    We use DigitalOcean for these type servers, if I was to do it now I would probably use Vultr. Vultr's uptime has significantly improved in the last year from my observation, and the plans are far more competitive.

That and I'm really sick of DO rolling out features only to select datacenters.

Can I make that up to you? There's actually good reason, and it's not all one single reason. Long story made short: You always learn things in production roll-outs that you could not have learned in staging. There are advantages to a staggered rollout.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@jarland You just did. I didn't expect that.

I certainly understand the difficulties of rolling out new features. Though I hope your older customers who are mostly located on the 1 & 2 DCs in NYC and AMS get some features eventually.

Thanked by 1jar
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2018

I am using Veesp.com from @Veesp and I am very happy so far with their service and prompt support. Most importantly for me: it's Russia, not UK or some other country where everything is recorded by public law.

Thanked by 1Veesp