Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions - Best DC USA East cost? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions - Best DC USA East cost?

2»

Comments

• @Francisco said:
    I was absolutely livid.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • RizRiz Member

@AlexanderM said:

@Riz said:
    Cyberwurx in ATL. Awesome support, network, and didn't have any power issues despite many others in the building encountering them. (other providers)

A few providers (some on here) had a few serious issues with them

Interesting to hear - I believe it though. I only had a single rack over there, and didn't encounter much issues at all. I know Delimiter was / is a floor above CW, and through a lot of the issues they had - I saw none.

I know there were / are a handful of providers that have bounced around ATL, probably better recommendations then mine at this point.

@Rhys said:

@Riz said:
    Cyberwurx in ATL. Awesome support, network, and didn't have any power issues despite many others in the building encountering them. (other providers)

They've definitely had power issues along with the rest of the building (RamNode is in CyberWurx ATL).

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=414

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106806/ramnode-atlanta-power-issue

I used RamNode for reverse proxying DDoS protection since CW didn't offer any for that exact reason. I still have a few servers down there with RN, but wasn't in CW at this point. Good point though. Gotta love when vendors skip the change process >_>

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I am looking for something long standing with an established reputation.

If you're just looking for a rack or two, I'd drop a line to Panix. The info on their site is ancient, and they may not be able to meet your needs, but there are actual humans answering email and responding to voicemails. They've been around since the 90s, and I've had a VPS there for a decade. Occasional issues, as with any provider, but usually responsive and transparent.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • XeiXei Member

Choopa is excellent. Ramnode NY works great also. Wasn't at Ramnode GA super long but no issues there. BuyVM was always having issues in NY, but in their EU location as well... If memory serves it was due to BuyVM and not their hosters. Reliable Hosting Services (DC area) was mediocre cause network issues time to time. Leaseweb DC has worked perfectly for years also. That's just a few, lots of options out there.

• Cyberwurx in ATL had an issue with a squirrel nesting in a generator and it firing up during a blizzard one year.

You have to think about your customers because "southeast" would be ATL or Jacksonville (GoRack), central VA/WDC and "northeast". Some people snub their noses at southeast while central/northeast east coast locations are generally more successful.

DigitalReality (Telx) has Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Miami, NJ, NY, North Virginia and Toronto for their North America locations. In the past using remote hands, they were really responsive. The provider I worked for had their own network and used DR/Telx for the data center but I can say support wise, they were excellent.

Maybe DR + Voxility.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith QuickPacket in Charlotte, NC is a great option. We have Voxility DDoS filtering available. Let me know what you are looking for.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Riz said: handful of providers that have bounced around ATL

I have experience with the ATL market. Happy to discuss my thoughts about the options available in ATL off forum if anyone is interested.

doughmanes said: DigitalReality (Telx)

Most providers who have space with DRT do their own remote hands.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1 for Choopa and @qps, their service is solid.

Thanked by 1qps
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanks, I guess I will buy a VPS server from fran, qps, Castlegem and maybe someone in choopa and do some network tests and buy the main service from whichever is the best fit.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited January 2018

AnthonySmith said: someone in choopa

@AlexBarakov's NYC/NJ node is Choopa, might be able to get a trial server from him for a bit or just spin up a Vultr instance (same network/DC)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We are in Choopa too

Thanked by 2MasonR AnthonySmith