Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Datacenter Jobs available near Cheshire? (CW7 Postcode)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Datacenter Jobs available near Cheshire? (CW7 Postcode)

Hello Fellow peeps of LowEndTalk,

I am currently in college and hopefully looking to apply for an apprenticeship and local datacenter's are not very popular around where I currently live. Does anyone know any in this area that I don't know about? Or any networking/it engineer jobs available?

Kind Regards,
Jack

Comments

• I wouldn't say this is the best place to look my dude, perhaps google it and pitch yourself to some of the DC's.

• The closest one seems to be https://www.atlasbusiness.com/ in Nantwich.

• You would fare a lot better learning to code, I would say. Doing an apprenticeship running servers would be soul crushing.

• leytonleyton Member
    edited December 2017

We do have a fair few people from Cheshire, but they may be more able to commute than you are.

In any case, I've heard rumblings of us looking for a DC Apprentice or two. Most of our IT apprentices at the moment are on the support side, though.

• @Jack said:
    You'll struggle to get a networking job without quals. (Cisco or Juniper).

Most datacenters won't do apprenticeships for security reasons.

UKFast do offer this; https://www.ukfast.co.uk/technical-jobs/it-apprentice.html

Is Manchester commutable for you by train?

Last I checked this industry is so bad in terms of stability (for you, good for us) you need to get new quals as soon as you get new quals. Unpaid internships are easy to get if you really want experience. Those who turn down unpaid internships and sit at home.. well just wasted an opportunity.

• Liverpool has one it's called AIMES on liverpool innovation park, perfect to get to via train (Merseyrail> Northern) sadly no first class on those trains :(

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Don't know whether it's commutable but there's a datacenter in Wolverhampton and there's also places like entanet in telford which may be able to help.