Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Resolved] Kimsufi KS-4C
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Resolved] Kimsufi KS-4C

FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
edited December 2017 in General

I ordered KS-4C deal last week and today I received a bill about them confirmed the payment

Dear Customer,
We confirm the payment of your order.
You can view your Invoice KSEU______ payment by copying or clicking on the following link:

I thought it will be a good news, but when I open the bill, it states that the order had been cancelled, no ticket or whatever to clarify on what happened.

I quickly contacted them and this is what them replied

I am really sorry for that.
Currently we have no inventory for this server. We therefore make a refund.
My colleagues will come back to you by email on this subject.
I invite you to choose another server or monitor the availability of the KS-4C from our client area.

What? I waited for whole week and you told me it is out of order and cannot be delivered?
I even remember samspin bought an extra one.

It is just my overreacting, although I didn't managed to get it, at least Kimsufi responded quickly to resolve the issue.

EDIT: Updated title to prevent false info during SEO

Comments

• How's it a trick. Maybe they had a few servers left when you ordered and some people were in front of you in the queue.

They wait a bit to see if one becomes available and it doesn't.

• At least they apologized and communicated. Could be worse I guess

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Someone made a mistake and accepted an order they couldn't fulfill, apologized, and refunded? There goes my interest.

Thanked by 3hackerman WSS Junkless
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Fair enough, I think I am overreacting in this case. I am just thinking billing system usually handle stock management well. Seems like I am just having a bad luck this year.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What trick?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

They possibly take 5-10 percent more orders in the hope that some poeple will cancel and stock Wil become available . When nothing happens ,they have to cancel . They are refunding anyway .... So not a big issue

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FAT32 said:
    Fair enough, I think I am overreacting in this case. I am just thinking billing system usually handle stock management well. Seems like I am just having a bad luck this year.

They're usually so good with stock it makes me suspect there was probably a hardware issue and they ended up having one less than intended.

• @jarland said:

@FAT32 said:

They're usually so good with stock it makes me suspect there was probably a hardware issue and they ended up having one less than intended.

Feels to me they migrated portals and people used a trick to order it in the old portal. Probably some miners snatched up a bunch more than they had, and they only updated the new portal.

I hope OP handles rejection better next time. If he can't handle a minor rejection like this, you've got to wonder how he will break down in real world rejection.

• @teamacc said:

@jarland said:

@FAT32 said:

This seems more plausible, but..

Feels to me they migrated portals and people used a trick to order it in the old portal. Probably some miners snatched up a bunch more than they had, and they only updated the new portal.

this seems to be indirectly what might have actually happened. I remember an OVH-related person talking about migrating to a new version of the API, because the KS-4C slaughterfest went poorly.. but I can't find that damn statement now.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jarland That could possible happen, but as @PremiumN mentioned, at least them responded (as compare to some other providers where response take weeks), so not too bad, just hope refund went well.

@deank Thanks for the concern, I am okay with it, I have far more rejection in the real world (jobs etc), I am just setting some expectation to try out my first Kimsufi dedi

@WSS I think this is what you want to find?https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2573197/#Comment_2573197

@ninzo59 said:
    Hey guys, in order to fix what happenned on the KS flash sale, we are moving to a new API. (...)

• That's the one! I thought it was in the SYS OVH thread. :D

@FAT32 said:
    Thanks for the concern, I am okay with it, I have far more rejection in the real world (jobs etc), I am just setting some expectation to try out my first Kimsufi dedi

Ouchie, my apologies. You've had so many rejections that you are breaking down.

sob

• @deank said:

@FAT32 said:
    Thanks for the concern, I am okay with it, I have far more rejection in the real world (jobs etc), I am just setting some expectation to try out my first Kimsufi dedi

Ouchie, my apologies. You've had so many rejections that you are breaking down.

sob

Wait until @Nekki reads this and refuses to bum him..