Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

apt-get update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

apt-get update

bboranbboran Member
edited February 2012 in Help

when i try to apt-get update it says this at the end;

Get:11 http://mirror.positive-internet.com squeeze-updates/main i386 Packages [1 0.7 kB] Fetched 495 kB in 1s (381 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_squeeze_updates_mai n_binary-i386_Packages) W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

what is this?

also i am getting these errors;

perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = (unset), LC_ALL = (unset), LANG = "tr_TR.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C"). locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

how can i fix those?

thanks.

Comments

• Duplicate entry for a Package in a Debain REPO Perhaps, That is what the first error is showing from what I can see.

Please try running "apt-get install language-pack-en" for the other errors, Report back to us with the results! :-)

• i fixed the second error by just uncommenting the right lines in locale.gen but didnt understand how to fix the fist duplicate entry problem. where do i have to look for? thanks.

• You can try running a "apt-get update" and after it if it still exists, then search for duplicates in your /etc/apt/sources.list If you spot one, you can safely remove the other similar line.

• dpkg-reconfigures locales and it is fixed ;)

• found the duplicate, removed it and fixed. thank you guys.

• @bboran
    You're Welcome! :-)