Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend web control panel for mails
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend web control panel for mails

Is there a lowend control panel for mails? I don't want to use an extended ISP control panel like cPanel, confixx because it's too overloaded for this purpose.

What I want is a web control panel, that is able to control a mailserver. I would like to add mail addresses @mydomain and delete them. Received mails should then be forwarded to another mail address. Imagine it as my own personal trash mail domain.

Is there anything like this out there?

Comments

• You could read my tutorial here: http://lowendbox.com/blog/your-own-mail-server-with-virtualmin/

It's not low-end low-end, but it handles itself perfectly well on a 512MB box (and that's with SpamAssassing and ClamAV running from RAM).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

iRedMail

• My friend Is building one. I don't think it will be done for a few weeks yet though. I will let you know.

• +1 for iRedmail

• Roundcube?

• iRedMail looks really good, but 600$ for the pro version with web interface is pretty much. Roundcube is a mail client, not a management console.

• Lol is free and that's the commercial version

• You could get it working under Kloxo Control Panel with it using under 100MB Ram idle.

• try ispconfig3

• Use Virtualmin GLP. You can make a template that only enables email and spam filtering and simply create domains you want to manage email for with it and you are all set.

• Guys, he says he doesn't want a control panel. :\

• +1
    Sure, it is a bit complex at first glance, but:

• very simple install, basically builds the server for you;
    • very stable, with a bit of tweaking runs on about 130MB RAM (install requires 256MB RAM);
    • no need for database support (you can delete MySQL from the server);
    • runs Postfix/Dovecot plus all kinds of anti-spam stuff (ClamAV, Spamassassin, Greylisting);
    • best email accounts/forwarders/autoresponders management functionality I have ever seen;
    • last but not least - can coexist on the server with other apps and control panels, even the very uncompromising Aegir CP. Good luck trying that with Kloxo!
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited September 2013

@mpkossen said:
    You could read my tutorial here: http://lowendbox.com/blog/your-own-mail-server-with-virtualmin/

It's not low-end low-end, but it handles itself perfectly well on a 512MB box (and that's with SpamAssassing and ClamAV running from RAM).

I'll set this up, seems like the most flexible solution running on low end boxes. I will use a Torqhost 256MB box for it. It seems like you have to buy the Pro version of iRedMail to be able to use the web control panel.

Edit: Running very smooth on that Torqhost box. I disabled every spamfilter mechanism but will use greylisting. Replaced Apache by nginx with that steps: http://www.crucial.com.au/blog/2013/04/26/debian-with-nginx-and-virtualmin/

Using 30MB of ram right now, thats low end.

• Nice! I have a spare Torqhost 256MB as well, may test that setup there. I assume you're not running ClamAV and SpamAssassin from RAM?

• No, as I said I don't use virus or spam filters at all with any of my mail addresses. I will setup greylisting later, because in the past this has been the best solution for me, personally.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2013

@chrisp said:
    Edit: Running very smooth on that Torqhost box. I disabled every spamfilter mechanism but will use greylisting. Replaced Apache by nginx with that steps: http://www.crucial.com.au/blog/2013/04/26/debian-with-nginx-and-virtualmin/
    Using 30MB of ram right now, thats low end.

Interesting. I turned off the web server (Apache) alltogether, even deleted it from the server. Ditto re MySQL, BIND, FTP server and all anti-spam apps. VM/Postfix/Dovecot still uses above 100MB of RAM... not that I'm complaining given the superb functionality ;)

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i personally use kloxo+roundcube

i bit of tuning and you can run a full blown panel under 80mb or ram

once you set everything, you do not need kloxo login any more, you can do it with roundcube interface...

try it out and let me know if you need guidance