Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtuozzo OVZ7 Beta test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtuozzo OVZ7 Beta test

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited December 2017 in Providers

Hello, and Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it.

As promised in another thread, we are running a beta test for Virtuozzo OVZ 7.0 containers with Virtualizor panel.

Existing customers with an active service with Prometeus (including Iperweb.com) can order it for free using this coupon code: testovz7

Naturally, for iperweb.com customers the coupon will not work, just proceed with the order and add your email with the other company in order notes so we can check, if it is not the email you signed up with)

Link to order: https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=381

A few notes:
1. This does not mean we eliminate regular OVZ so you do not have to worry about your older OVZ 6 product. We will keep it as long as there is demand, even after the end of support if you wish to keep it.
2. This is a beta test, serious issues may arise, please do not use them for production!
3. We will select the people which provide the most meaningful feedback and give an option to keep it with a 50% discount recurring. Migration and IP renumbering may be required, even so, once the test is over (Expecting to run it for 1 month).
4. Feel free to abuse it, I/O tests, network (not DoS!), cpu (not mining, but heavy applications, such as full desktop, youtube watching, things like that), we will not suspend/terminate as such "abuse" is needed to calibrate our tools, so do not worry, worst case scenario: we will put limits in place.

Specs:

1 GB Ram and 512 swap;
40 GB SSD;
1 TB traffic 1 Gbps shared port (will reset on the new year);
1 IPv4;
Virtualizor panel with Debian 7/8 centos 6/7 ubuntu 16.04 suse fedora and scientific linux all 64 bit versions only. We may add 32 bit if people demand it in large enough numbers but I do not see a reason ATM.
Default OS is Debian 8, please login to virtualizor panel to reinstall (if you already have a virtualizor panel product, the password is the old one!), reinstalls are unlimited for the whole duration of the test. 30/month after that.

Proposed price, 5 Eur a month, 50 a year. There will be bigger and possibly smaller ones, we need to test and see how it scales under heavy stress, before deciding for the plans structure.

P.S.: No illegal, ToS/AUP violations, except the things permitted at point 4. Breaking the law will result in the account closure, even the paid products!

Comments

• Is there a deal/discount for people who aren’t already customers but are interested in joining the beta?

• @adly said:
    Is there a deal/discount for people who aren’t already customers but are interested in joining the beta?

Yep! You get to read Mao's stream-of-unconsciousness twitter posts.

Thanked by 1adly
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Unfortunately, no, there are some hurdles as we need to positively identify customers, people which are already our customers do not need that. We run a tight business network and cannot afford illegal activities inside.

• But presumably anyone could sign up for a standard plan and get it free anyway? Either way, I can continue with local testing so no problems.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

which kernel version ?

edited December 2017

adly said: But presumably anyone could sign up for a standard plan and get it free anyway?

That will not work, because we need a traceable payment to check and there would be no payment involved.

hostdare said: which kernel version ?

3.10.0-693.1.1.vz7.37.30

WSS said: Mao's stream-of-unconsciousness twitter posts.

I have no twitter, FB, instagram, etc. I do not exist.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • If someone goes to your website, purchases a VPS (obviously paying for it) then they would be a eligible for this beta, no? Thus they would get a beta VPS for free, in addition to whatever they purchased.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited December 2017

adly said: If someone goes to your website, purchases a VPS (obviously paying for it) then they would be a eligible for this beta, no? Thus they would get a beta VPS for free, in addition to whatever they purchased.

Ah, yes, that will work, but only after the order is approved and active already. The coupon requires an active service.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hopefully that works out and people don't ask for a refund afterwards. Good luck though, I should test out VZ7 myself.

MikeA said: people don't ask for a refund afterwards

For a free product? :o

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited December 2017

@Maounique said:

I guess for paid product after OVZ 7 beta test ended.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:

MikeA said: people don't ask for a refund afterwards

no, was talking about people ordering a service just to get the free server you offer.

Well, it does not matter, as long as we have a valid payment and the user passed our rather strict checking.
    The problem here is that anonymous hosting is not allowed in Italy, so we have to be able to hand over to police some contact data to the best of our ability, the good ole Abe Lincoln and the likes of Al Capone wont cut it with the Carabinieri.

• @Maounique said:

Guess we have that in common..

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @WSS said:

@Maounique said:

Guess we have that in common..

What are those funny things you people are talking about?
    Bird sounds, Facial Bukkake and some very fast way of sending telegrams?

However, great offer, @Maounique! I will probably join next week! No love for Debian 9 or is there a technical reason for it?

Thanked by 1Maounique

Amitz said: No love for Debian 9 or is there a technical reason for it?

ATM there is no template for it, first we try to make it work with the templates virtualizor offers, then we will think to make new once we have things running.

Thanked by 1Amitz