Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Christmas NAT? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Christmas NAT?

Comments

• @randvegeta said:

@mksh said:

@randvegeta said:
    Got a KVM NAT VPS with 256MB RAM and 10G disk space for less than US$7 / year.

Where?

Here's the link.

256MB RAM
    10GB HDD
    NAT IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    150GB Data Transfer

NO SUPPORT / BACKUPS / REFUNDS / SLA

HK$50 (Approx US$6.58) /year

Any test ip?

Economy node or Premium node? :P

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Neat.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

World said: Any test ip?

Economy node or Premium node? :P

It's not technically pemium or economy, but if it does include direct China routes! So you may be able to consider it 'Premium'. But since it's not part of our Premium network, I don't want to lump them into the same boat.

You can ping the following address: nat0.hk.pn

mksh said: @randvegeta your site bills in HKD regardless of currency setting, right?

No you can pick USD, EUR, GBP, HKD. If you pay by bank transfer/cheque/cash, you can also pay in CNY.

dzungbb said: Do you have us location for this specs?

Not at the moment, but I'm sure there is no shortage of such offers. My company mainly deals with HK and LT based servers. Not so much USA.

mksh said: Nice! To much RAM but i might bite! :D

These are KVM based VPS, not OpenVZ. The minimum RAM would be 128MB, and that is almost entirely occupied by the OS. 256 really is really quite small as it is. Even at 256, not all the OS available will install properly. Seems to be fine With CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian though.

• @randvegeta said:

mksh said: @randvegeta your site bills in HKD regardless of currency setting, right?

No you can pick USD, EUR, GBP, HKD. If you pay by bank transfer/cheque/cash, you can also pay in CNY.

Sorry, i wasn't very clear. I was thinking of paypal and the possibility of maybe avoiding currency conversion. I guess in this case it doesn't matter what i choose since your paypal account probably is in HKD?

@mksh said:

@randvegeta said:

Sorry, i wasn't very clear. I was thinking of paypal and the possibility of maybe avoiding currency conversion. I guess in this case it doesn't matter what i choose since your paypal account probably is in HKD?

USD and HKD are perfectly fine for us. Our Paypal is multi-currency. We have a lot of expenses in HKD and USD so it really makes no difference which of these currency you use. We have limited expenses in GBP and EUR so they are less favoured, but really you can pick whichever.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @randvegeta said:

@mksh said:

@randvegeta said:

USD and HKD are perfectly fine for us. Our Paypal is multi-currency. We have a lot of expenses in HKD and USD so it really makes no difference which of these currency you use. We have limited expenses in GBP and EUR so they are less favoured, but really you can pick whichever.

It always creates invoices with HKD currency, no matter what currency I choose before ordering :(

It always creates invoices with HKD currency, no matter what currency I choose before ordering :(

Because you already have an account. You cannot change the currency on an active account.

Thanked by 1zongyouxiao
  • @randvegeta custom ISO is not possible, is it?

@mksh said:
    @randvegeta custom ISO is not possible, is it?

Technically it is, but for HK$50 /year? I'm not inclined to upload it. You cant upload your own ISO if that's what you mean.

• @randvegeta said:

@mksh said:
    @randvegeta custom ISO is not possible, is it?

Technically it is, but for HK$50 /year? I'm not inclined to upload it. You cant upload your own ISO if that's what you mean.

Yeah, of course not asking you to upload it. Was looking for a way to upload myself but didn't find anything and well, sometimes i am just blind. No big deal if it's not possible. Just thought if it's KVM i might as well do a real install and i am already trying to get my ISO installed using rescue mode anyways. Let's see if this works how i hope it works :P

The VM is nice so far. Quite responsive for something on the other side of the planet and a very stable ~207ms ping to hetzner. My RAM usage (before i started reinstalling) was at 36MB. No idea what i am going to do with the rest of it. Guess you can never have enough RAM to idle ;)

• @mksh dd if=netboot.xyz.iso of=/dev/(v|s)da && sync && sync && sync && reboot

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited December 2017

@mksh all the ports opened, including 25?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    @mksh dd if=netboot.xyz.iso of=/dev/(v|s)da && sync && sync && sync && reboot

Cool saves me some thinking. Just trying to see if i can get GRUB to boot the ISO from a partition first so i could have like my own personal ISO collection but if it does not work out i think this copypizza will be quiete tasty :P

• @tenpera said:
    @mksh all the ports opened, including 25?

Didn't try much yet but at least 25 seems blocked.

root@rescue:~# nc -vvw30 alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
    DNS fwd/rev mismatch: alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com != oj-in-f26.1e100.net
    alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.168.26] 25 (smtp) : Connection timed out
     sent 0, rcvd 0

Well, i am in rescue mode right now but i don't think it makes a difference.

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • Well yeah, you can always mount a loop device, but that's up to you to setup with grub. It's easier to just blow the damn thing away and do it raw from iPXE..

• @WSS said:
    It's easier to just blow the damn thing away and do it raw

• @WSS said:
    Well yeah, you can always mount a loop device, but that's up to you to setup with grub. It's easier to just blow the damn thing away and do it raw from iPXE..

Yeah, it was kind of a brainfart. Did not think of netboot and thought it would not work because of overwriting the packages... Now i have a shiny full CD installer lying around on my once way to large swap partition. Guess i gotta at least try it. For science and stuff.

• @Yura said:

@WSS said:
    It's easier to just blow the damn thing away and do it raw

You're dirty.

PM me

@mksh said:

@WSS said:
    Well yeah, you can always mount a loop device, but that's up to you to setup with grub. It's easier to just blow the damn thing away and do it raw from iPXE..

Yeah, it was kind of a brainfart. Did not think of netboot and thought it would not work because of overwriting the packages... Now i have a shiny full CD installer lying around on my once way to large swap partition. Guess i gotta at least try it. For science and stuff.

Booting from swap is just so newb...

Thanked by 1Yura
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    Booting from swap is just so newb...

Most of it is no longer swap. Not sure if it makes that any less newb though. 1GB swap is to large for my taste anyways.

• write over the goddamn MBR and chain to it like a man!

• Yeah, i am already deeply regretting this.

• Much like ur posting

• @WSS said:
    Much like ur posting

wat?

• @mksh said:

@WSS said:
    Much like ur posting

wat?

#dicks

• @WSS said:

@mksh said:

@WSS said:
    Much like ur posting

wat?

#dicks

Yeah truly, i still like you though.

• @mksh said:

@WSS said:

@mksh said:

@WSS said:
    Much like ur posting

wat?

#dicks

You would be the first.

• @AuroraZ said:

@mksh said:

@WSS said:

@mksh said:

@WSS said:
    Much like ur posting

wat?

#dicks

You would be the first.

Straight from the dicks' mouth.

• @WSS said:

write over the goddamn MBR and chain to it like a man!

Said no man ever..

• @cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

Said no man ever..

Look at how newb you are.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

Said no man ever..

Look at how newb you are.

NEWB = N****** eating whelping bananas