Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you sale a .com domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you sale a .com domain?

I purchased a domain as part of a school work, based on the name of the project. I think it is pretty good name. I was holding onto in hope that I might use it some day, which is not happening I think. So how do I sell it and get some cash out it instead of letting it expire?

Thanked by 1nunuigti

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Depends if the name is general/cool enough for other people to buy it, or else no one will buy it.

You can choose to put on domain marketplace (Like sedo) that usually no one will buy.
    Or sell on some forum, for example LET.

When you sell it, you have to get your code from your registrar and trade with the potential buyer.

• post it to some hosting related forum and wait for the bidding?

• Whats the name?

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

try https://sedo.com , the best website to sell your domain

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

You may get a sale on sedo within 10 years of posting.

Or you can post on namepros.com and recover your registration fee and then some, if the name is good.

PM me the name and I'll tell you where to post in the namepros, if you want.

note: on namepros, you are selling to other sellers, not to an end user. They won't pay you a fortune, but they may be interested in selling the name to someone else, so they'll offer you some money.

• Thank you everyone. Helpful information.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2017

@letrocks If you plan on selling it here, please read the rules first:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Domain Auctions & Sales

Auction Start/Reserve price can not be set above $7
    All bids must be public and made in the domain auction topic
    Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 30 days
    All domain auction threads are set to "sink" after 24 hours so replies no longer bump them to the top of the forum
    Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to list a domain sale
    Domain needs to be at least 6 months old
    A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    You may only sell domains for a virtual currency if you put up a fixed exchange rate in the initial post. Changing this exchange rate later will have consequences.